in Necromancer

Posted by: Obe.8012

Obe.8012

Immune, Block, Dodge, Evade…rinse and repeat

Here is what a Necro sees in WVW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

If only we had a crapload of unblockable AoE… oh ya, we do.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

If only we had a crapload of unblockable AoE… oh ya, we do.

Too bad all those unblockable aoe’s are also in the 900 range.
Thats ….300 range past the range you get stunned by a static field and die horribly because everyone but anet knows how horrible the class is.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

You mean like Greater Marks? 1200+240 mark radius?

Thats ….300 range past the range you get stunned by a static field and die horribly because everyone but anet knows how horrible the class is.

Yeah, static field.. staff ele… so dangerous, stunned at max range = always certain death.

in Necromancer

grave of hearts.7830

You mean like Greater Marks? 1200+240 mark radius?

Yeah, static field.. staff ele… so dangerous, stunned at max range = always certain death.

Yeah forgot bout that one,had wells in mind.
As far static,well it isnt the static that kills you its the enemy frontline that catches up.
point though,you waste 20 points in death fine
Then what?
You toss mark,it gets triggered by pet or gets dodge wiped again and fear still pops the all familiar immune because of stability.
And thats still 10 points wasted more.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

If you get killed in a zerg by being stunned at 900 range, you can’t blame anyone but yourself.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Actually, wells and Corrosive Poison Cloud are the only unblockable skills that have 900 range, not counting the additional 240 radius. Wail of Doom 600. Epidemic, Corrupt Boon, Dark Path (I probably forgot some..) 1200.

As far static,well it isnt the static that kills you its the enemy frontline that catches up.

1. If you were referring to wells being ranged 900 then you should be aware that the only reason to have Focused Rituals is if you’re zerg surfing. That means you’re probably not alone, you won’t be hunted down by an angry mob because you’re likely to have one of your own to back you up.

2. Keeping it in context of the OP’s statement “Immune, Block, Dodge, Evade…rinse and repeat”, he’s clearly not refering to situations where he is getting overwhelmed by a stun train, unless he was implying that he could take down a zerg by himself if they didn’t block or evade.
Instead, his problem seems to be that he can’t kill certain classes 1v1.

in Necromancer

grave of hearts.7830

If you get killed in a zerg by being stunned at 900 range, you can’t blame anyone but yourself.

You may wanna tone down the hostility and degrading others,just a slight touch.
First reply was in a joke sense ,and all of a sudden i get two hostiles on me.
Also not everyone is on a stacked server and hiding behind a guardian blob,some have to make due with what they got and thats where the stacked effects like stability and cc locks show how unbalanced are compared to necromancer cooldowns and lack of mobility.
Also i am still waiting for you to turn around and question anet on why guardians can have 500 more condition dmg than a necromancer and a synergy setup bumping it to a total of 4k con dmg (can go past the 4k if a condition is met)while class mechanic enhances siege.
You never got hit by a cannonball that sticks 10 stacks of bleeding for 220 per stack and burning for 1200 at the same time to wonder why the numbers arent even comparable?

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

Also not everyone is on a stacked server and hiding behind a guardian blob,some have to make due with what they got and thats where the stacked effects like stability and cc locks show how unbalanced are compared to necromancer cooldowns and lack of mobility.
Also i am still waiting for you to turn around and question anet on why guardians can have 500 more condition dmg than a necromancer and a synergy setup bumping it to a total of 4k con dmg (can go past the 4k if a condition is met)while class mechanic enhances siege.
You never got hit by a cannonball that sticks 10 stacks of bleeding for 220 per stack and burning for 1200 at the same time to wonder why the numbers arent even comparable?

Attachments:

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

in Necromancer

grave of hearts.7830

Actually, wells and Corrosive Poison Cloud are the only unblockable skills that have 900 range, not counting the additional 240 radius. Wail of Doom 600. Epidemic, Corrupt Boon, Dark Path (I probably forgot some..) 1200.

1. If you were referring to wells being ranged 900 then you should be aware that the only reason to have Focused Rituals is if you’re zerg surfing. That means you’re probably not alone, you won’t be hunted down by an angry mob because you’re likely to have one of your own to back you up.

2. Keeping it in context of the OP’s statement “Immune, Block, Dodge, Evade…rinse and repeat”, he’s clearly not refering to situations where he is getting overwhelmed by a stun train, unless he was implying that he could take down a zerg by himself if they didn’t block or evade.
Instead, his problem seems to be that he can’t kill certain classes 1v1.

He isnt reffering to getting overwhelmed yes,but i didnt reply to the OP post either.
I replied to bawb’s comment about unblockables.
Back to subject OP didnt state numbers he stated what he sees in wvw.
And all that indicates the usual stability reliance and mark negation by dodgeing.
Would be nice if he clarified it a little.

in Necromancer

grave of hearts.7830

OOOoooooOOOOOooooo mandatory gif
So purrrrtyyy!

Toss more,least we can entertain ourselves that way.

Edit: Hey we invented a new way of keeping the necro forum somewhat alive,we troll each other so we can fool ourselves that there is an active community and that the class is alive and kicking.

(edited by grave of hearts.7830)

in Necromancer

Obe.8012

Sorry all for my vague post…yes i was talking about my struggles with certain classes, Ele specifically, i am fine with how we perform in Zergs or Havoc groups, just get frustrated when all of my output is negated in certain 1v1 fights…but since i am here, can someone clarify when i should use corrupt boon? Is is a starter skill or do I wait until they pop stability? It works great sometimes and others I feel like I just started playing the game.

in Necromancer

Obe.8012

Another on Corrupt Boon, I also seem to wait until I see the boons, which is often to late:P

in Necromancer

grave of hearts.7830

Sorry all for my vague post…yes i was talking about my struggles with certain classes, Ele specifically, i am fine with how we perform in Zergs or Havoc groups, just get frustrated when all of my output is negated in certain 1v1 fights…but since i am here, can someone clarify when i should use corrupt boon? Is is a starter skill or do I wait until they pop stability? It works great sometimes and others I feel like I just started playing the game.

Which ele in particular?
If its about d/d you need to save your two dodges for theyr updraft and earthquake and keep moveing on the sides and not in a straight line with them,they do have a side issue and chill does hinder them a lot if we take into account the whining in theyr forums.
Staff and scepter/focus would fall under the same category i guess,they still dont have much on to keep you up from side steping and negating a good portion of theyr output.
You just need to keep the range to your favor and not theyrs.
As far corrupt boon its all about turning around the boons.
In guardian case i save it for when they pop save yourselves,that tends to mess them most of the time.
Warrior depends the build but turning the elite signet around when they pop it again seems to have the most effect.
If they are melee reduce theyr mobility and kite them,1v1 a scepter/focus necro shouldnt lose to a warrior because you can chill/cripple a warrior almost non stop.
If they are ranged try to avoid the immobilise from long bow,and try to keep weakness on them.
One thing to keep in mind is that weakness is a key component to your survivability in 1v1.
Add protection to it and you will find yourself handling a lot more punishment than you would expect.
Ranger depends theyr weapon,a good ammount of them will just preffer to outrange you with a long bow,in which case you need to close in on the distance to reduce theyr dmg output.
Thieves are gonna be your bane in most cases because stealth tips the scales too much in theyr favor and skull gives them a large opening.
I usually keep well of darkness on me for those cases but i find it borderline useless since thieves also keep a pistol or shortbow handy as well so they can range dmg.
Avatar of melandru #5 for human necro condition builds does work at times but timing can make it epic counter or epic fail.
Mesmer depends the weap,greatsword is similar to longbow.
It does a lot of dmg from afar and berserker is annoying to deal with,but at close range the output again drops a lot,and even more when weakness is attached to them.
Unfortunately though lately its mostly a clone killing marathon,so i find it silly to waste my time on fighting one of them.
Thats all i can remember for now.
If something wasnt covered please do ask again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Please tell me this is a joke.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

I can’t really tell honestly. Let’s just smile and nod.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

that’s happened to me a couple times, everyone has their kitten moments.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I was bored enough to put together something that might be what resembles the build he was describing

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vUEQNAW7fl0ApSoFCxZIEENhY94fQoCq6R8oPeIWhKC-z0BBIhERz0CBhkOyZoFRjtGsIasKZER1KlYBAQAm5MTmlZwzduzduzdOzcmzcmzcmlCYSpRA-w

super viable I am sure.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I was bored enough to put together something that might be what resembles the build he was describing

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vUEQNAW7fl0ApSoFCxZIEENhY94fQoCq6R8oPeIWhKC-z0BBIhERz0CBhkOyZoFRjtGsIasKZER1KlYBAQAm5MTmlZwzduzduzdOzcmzcmzcmlCYSpRA-w

super viable I am sure.

That made me laugh.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I sometimes fear that, when I leave the forums for a while, the other level-headed folks who actually know how to play the class will leave as well, leaving Necro representation in the hands of those who want ANet to play the class for them through buffs.

I’m always thankful when I see those level heads still alive and kicking these sorts of threads into the dirt.

You don’t get Block/Dodge/Evade permanently if you know how to time your skills, including knowing when to stop and wait to time your next ability to exactly when their defensive CD runs out (as people do not usually perfectly chain their invluns).

Play better. Please. For the good of the class.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Just fought a warrior and he spammed his immunities and blocks and just ran away and there was nothing i could do to catch him… block block block block, immune immune immune immune… this kitten gets really old really quickly.

Not even going to touch stealth spam thieves and how frustrating they are to try and kill.

That’s my whine for the evening, might cut off some cheese to go with it.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Necromancer

grave of hearts.7830

super viable I am sure.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/Graveheart/gw478.jpg

I am gonna leave this here,missed a couple of bonuses but i dont think it matters to some people in here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I see…

315 742 missed 315 742 315 742 315 742 2048 315 742 315 742 1682 315 742 315 742 315 742 315 742

Finish them!

Stop spamming marks.

Oh this is 1v1? Never seen one before.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

If you get killed by a perma-stealth thief you need to rethink playing Necro. I’ve talked to a few thieves, and most say that Necromancer is the only (or one of the few) professions that they have no chance against unless they just get super lucky or the Necro is awful.

Is the thief able to get away very often? Yes. But they should never kill you. I’ve flat out ignored a thief ganking me in WvW while I was heading to my team (I figured he’d peel off when he saw them) but he was so persistent I turned on him when I had half HP and absolutely destroyed him. We have tons of targeted AoE, a lot of which even shows you where the thief is, and multiple other abilities that ignore stealth in some way.

Also, the old S/D thieves are the only ones who can spam enough evades to have no real counterplay. Everyone else has pretty significant downtimes on their un-hittable frames (not to mention that, again, a lot of our stuff ignores defenses).

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Lonewolf Kai.3682

super viable I am sure.

I am gonna leave this here,missed a couple of bonuses but i dont think it matters to some people in here.

Guardians have access to only 1 condition.

I am gonna leave that for you to munch on.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

However will I fight this guardian that’s as glassy an offensively spec’d Necro with no DS and whose damage output is entirely based off burning and burning alone?

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

grave of hearts.7830

super viable I am sure.

Because wvw siege doesnt do conditions,and racials dont exist.

in Necromancer

Lonewolf Kai.3682

super viable I am sure.

Soooo, let me get this straight…. You’re concerned about a Guardian build, which is a serious joke btw, and in particular, this Guardian’s siege damage to you? O.o

And you lost me on the racials, unless your trying to say that the racials provide condition damage?

in Necromancer

grave of hearts.7830

super viable I am sure.

Soooo, let me get this straight…. You’re concerned about a Guardian build, which is a serious joke btw, and in particular, this Guardian’s siege damage to you? O.o

And you lost me on the racials, unless your trying to say that the racials provide condition damage?

End of discussion lad,the specifics and what i was concerned with are up there on the same post you called a joke.
If you and bhawb say guardian got only 1 condition then guardian got ONLY 1 condition and thats it.
If i feel like bringing it up again il make a thread ,lets not derail this thread further.

in Necromancer

Avigrus.2871

If you get killed by a perma-stealth thief you need to rethink playing Necro. I’ve talked to a few thieves, and most say that Necromancer is the only (or one of the few) professions that they have no chance against unless they just get super lucky or the Necro is awful.

Is the thief able to get away very often? Yes. But they should never kill you. I’ve flat out ignored a thief ganking me in WvW while I was heading to my team (I figured he’d peel off when he saw them) but he was so persistent I turned on him when I had half HP and absolutely destroyed him. We have tons of targeted AoE, a lot of which even shows you where the thief is, and multiple other abilities that ignore stealth in some way.

Also, the old S/D thieves are the only ones who can spam enough evades to have no real counterplay. Everyone else has pretty significant downtimes on their un-hittable frames (not to mention that, again, a lot of our stuff ignores defenses).

I was referring to their perma-getaway skill, not the ability to kill me…

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

I have several individual anecdotes about destroying bad Thieves. That doesn’t make the mechanic fun to play against, nor does it take away from the fact that a constantly stealthing D/P Thief in a 1v1 situation in WvW is nearly impossible to kill as certain Necro specs. Namely Power.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

That’s all they do to us; not die. Its not just individual anecdotes, thieves I talk to specifically state Necromancer as an impossible matchup when the Necro plays correctly, even in WvW. Yes they can often get away whenever they want, but that’s not very special.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Avigrus.2871

That’s all they do to us; not die. Its not just individual anecdotes, thieves I talk to specifically state Necromancer as an impossible matchup when the Necro plays correctly, even in WvW. Yes they can often get away whenever they want, but that’s not very special.

Getting away whenever you want?

Sounds pretty special to me…. i’ll take that ability if they don’t want it.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

They do that to everyone, its not special that they do it to us.

And no, you’d only want it if it didn’t come with the drawbacks they have, like the HP pool of a Bone Minion.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Avigrus.2871

I never knew that – thanks for the Necro lesson.

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Which Necro build is an impossible match-up, what Thief build are they using, and why is it impossible? My only guess is a condi-build, as with a Power build the amount of blindness and disappearance makes it extremely troublesome to get your damage in. At that point, the Thief’s ability to just disappear from the fight with you at a lower LF than you had before means they can just keep resetting and putting you in a disadvantageous position.

I’m all about shutting down people who grouse just for the sake of grousing, but after playing a lot of Power Necro, Thieves are extremely difficult to fight if they even half know what they’re doing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Which Necro build is an impossible match-up, what Thief build are they using, and why is it impossible? My only guess is a condi-build, as with a Power build the amount of blindness and disappearance makes it extremely troublesome to get your damage in. At that point, the Thief’s ability to just disappear from the fight with you at a lower LF than you had before means they can just keep resetting and putting you in a disadvantageous position.

I’m all about shutting down people who grouse just for the sake of grousing, but after playing a lot of Power Necro, Thieves are extremely difficult to fight if they even half know what they’re doing.

If you are a power necro with a dagger then it can be a tough fight, but the axe makes it a much simpler fight. Axe 2 hits through stealth and axe 3 connects with no target, and will give retal if you do hit them. Plus a well fights very nicely into shadow refuge.

Plus if you run warhorn and flesh golem you have more cc than they can handle. A good thief can still kill you but most thieves can’t withstand life blast alone, let alone the cc and AOE you have.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

What a necro sees?

Couldn’t resist.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

The 1v1 meta of this game has turned into Warrior vs Guardian. Then everybody else.

That’s the state of class balance right now.

Anet needs to significantly boost the damage potential of all the light and medium classes. (Especially Ranger, Necro, Power Engi, and power mesmer.)

That has been the classic trade off since forever. Less armor = More damage. Right now a well built heavy can smash the defense of light classes while simultaneously cleansing every condi, locking them out of their skills and face tanking any damage they do.

I think it’s fine we have a exploitable weakness. Every class should have one. We need stronger emphasis on what we do well to offset it instead.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

The 1v1 meta of this game has turned into Warrior vs Guardian. Then everybody else.

That’s the state of class balance right now.

its actually me then warrior/guard

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Warriors are great 1v1, but I’ve never found guardian to be that great 1v1. Maybe its because MM has spoiled me.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Warriors are great 1v1, but I’ve never found guardian to be that great 1v1. Maybe its because MM has spoiled me.

Guardian is much more impressive in WvW where the stats are out of control… their burst is quite terrifying. There are very few burst guardians in WvW though generally. It is so much easier to play boon spam, and much more effective in the zerg.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Warriors: high natural armor, high natural HP, equips one skill and has 400 HP regen per second. 6 stunbreaker utilities, multiple long stability sources, highest melee damage in the game. Every single fart the make is a combo finisher of some kind.

Guardian: buff monsters, which also buff allies. A stunbreaker with 5 sec stability and 5 sec retal on 30 sec cooldown (24 traited). Which is aoe so allies are buffed too. Which is a shout so you can trait and rune it to remove conditions too. Again 6 stunbreakers. Permanent aoe protection for pve on hammer autoattack. One of the highest melee damagers in the game. High ranged damage (when comparing non-condition damage scepter autoattack outdamages engineer rifle auto, mesmer ranged weapons autos and necro axe and staff autos, warrior ranged autos, thief ranged autos, not sure about eles, ranger does more damage though). High ranged aoe damage with staff autos.

in Necromancer

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Guardian: buff monsters, which also buff allies. A stunbreaker with 5 sec stability and 5 sec retal on 30 sec cooldown (24 traited). Which is aoe so allies are buffed too. Which is a shout so you can trait and rune it to remove conditions too. Again 6 stunbreakers. Permanent aoe protection for pve on hammer autoattack. One of the highest melee damagers in the game. High ranged damage (when comparing non-condition damage scepter autoattack outdamages engineer rifle auto, mesmer ranged weapons autos and necro axe and staff autos, warrior ranged autos, thief ranged autos, not sure about eles, ranger does more damage though). High ranged aoe damage with staff autos.

Just wanted to correct a few misconceptions here:
1. I wouldn’t say Guardians are buff monsters. Yes, they have good group utility for buffing, but, there’s a couple of other profession builds that do it better.
2. Shout condi removal also hampers several better options for the Guardian, including DPS options. If one does this, it’s typically a group support build and DPS does not go with it.
3. Not everyone uses a hammer, though it is a good weapon. Regardless, necros have great counters to boons. Use them.
4. You have to spec high into DPS to get high numbers. See #2.
5. Ranged damage is very laughable on Guardian. I can’t believe that’s even being used here. You can easily avoid Septer damage by simply walking in circles. And staff auto is not “high ranged” damage. It’s used to tag for loot or blind zerg play.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Guardian is much more impressive in WvW where the stats are out of control… their burst is quite terrifying. There are very few burst guardians in WvW though generally. It is so much easier to play boon spam, and much more effective in the zerg.

I include WvW in that statement. Yes their burst is scary, but I found that every 1v1 I had as long as I didn’t go full-kitten on the first burst it was an easy win, since they had no way to deal with me afterwards.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

5. Ranged damage is very laughable on Guardian. I can’t believe that’s even being used here. You can easily avoid Septer damage by simply walking in circles. And staff auto is not “high ranged” damage. It’s used to tag for loot or blind zerg play.

Guardian Scepter is fairly high damage. Easily avoidable, yes, but still high damage.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s pretty easy to hit someone with a scepter in larger fights, but yes it’s not so hot in a 1v1 or something.

Although staff? wut. Granted the damage isn’t too bad in zergs though it’s hardly anything to write home about.

Guardian vs necro seems to come down to who’s better at least when dealing with randoms in wvw. On either side of the conflict, I find that every time I lose, it’s because they clearly outskilled me.

Vs a lesser player:
Me (guardian) vs necro: lol I’m just going to CC you (or even just walk away) when you not subtly turn your DS on and let all the LF drain away. No life force anymore? gg.

Me (necro) vs guardian: lol you just wasted your cooldowns on my first attacks and are now trying to dps me down in DS. Have some fear bro. And you’re trying to run away now.

I don’t run minionmancer builds, though I can imagine how they’re tough to fight.

But yes, neither is god tier in 1v1 sadly ;; This game isn’t really balanced around 1v1 though.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

I rate guardians so highly based on a certain few builds that do 1v1 very stronk. One person I fought, and a lot of other people did too, was simply unbeatable. She went 15-0 against a whole assortment of builds and classes. I believe her setup was Sword/torch + Hammer. It wasn’t stupendously tanky but it had good sustain and amazing damage.

Most guards don’t 1v1 very well because they aren’t built for it. Guards are mostly pigeonholed into team support in wvw. But the ones who do build for it are pretty OP.

in Necromancer

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Guardian Scepter is fairly high damage. Easily avoidable, yes, but still high damage.

Only if you factor in that most hits are connected and that skill#2 connects most of it’s damage. Otherwise, it’s actually lesser in damage compared to the other weapons in his ar (se)nal. <—-stupid filter.