Hit and Crit siphoning redundant?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Heretic.4915

Heretic.4915

Sorry I’m sure this is a silly question, but the blood tree talents siphon on hit and siphon on crit… Do they stack? Does a crit give 2 siphons one for the crit and one for the hit? Also, how do they define “hit?” Are these physical only hits? Are marks and wells excluded? Do condition criticals siphon life from the crit trait?

The tooltips are very minimal and don’t really give a lot of info. Thanks guys for your input and for all the free advice I’ve got from reading this forum.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

Yes, you will get two siphons if an attack crits. Regular attack siphon is 25/38 with Bloodthirst, crit siphon is 33/51 with Bloodthirst.

A “hit” is defined as anything that does direct damage, per enemy. So if you hit a guy with a scepter, you will get 1 siphon. If there are 3 people standing in your well of suffering, and it crits on two of them and normally hits the third, you will get 5 siphons. Same thing with marks.

There’s no such thing as condition criticals. Hope I helped

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

in Necromancer

Posted by: ngel.9847

ngel.9847

Wells are covered by XII – Vampiric Rituals or we double dip there?

Honestly the vampiric effects need far more clearing up as to what works and what doesnt tooltip-wise.

(edited by ngel.9847)

in Necromancer

lettucemode.3789

Vampiric Rituals will siphon in addition to your other siphons. So if you drop well of suffering or corruption on an enemy and it crits you will get 3 siphons.

I’m curious what additional clearing up you think there needs to be. One description says “siphons when you hit”. The other says “siphons on crit” and the third says “siphons on well pulse”. They don’t say anything about NOT interacting with each other…

Sanctum of Rall

(edited by lettucemode.3789)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

Now you have me curious as well. Do conditions -bleed and poison- siphon health as well each tick?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ngel.9847

ngel.9847

Good to know about the wells.

As far as tooltips are concerned it feels like im reading a Warhammer 40k rulebook. They are quite vague. It doesnt actually say they dont work with each other but doesnt also say they do anywhere. Had the same issue with 30 Spite – Close to death. It says damage but doesnt affect conditions. Its more of an issue of clarity.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SeraphAnimo.2356

SeraphAnimo.2356

Now you have me curious as well. Do conditions -bleed and poison- siphon health as well each tick?

Unfortunately, no. The vampiric traits only respond to direct damage you deal with any skill. They do not respond to damage done by conditions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Heretic.4915

Heretic.4915

Great info, thanks very much!

in Necromancer

lettucemode.3789

Good to know about the wells.

As far as tooltips are concerned it feels like im reading a Warhammer 40k rulebook. They are quite vague. It doesnt actually say they dont work with each other but doesnt also say they do anywhere. Had the same issue with 30 Spite – Close to death. It says damage but doesnt affect conditions. Its more of an issue of clarity.

Fair enough.

Sanctum of Rall