How I fought Necros on a Thief during beta

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Sword/pistol interrupt daredevil thief – equip daredevil interrupt does damage trait.

Headshot, headshot, headshot, steal, pistol whip, fear, headshot, scorpion wire, headshot, etc…

Reapers were easy prey. I only ever played a thief during this beta weekend so I’m very inexperienced with it. Daredevils or thieves and mesmers in general are going to destroy necromancers/reapers in HoT.

Whenever a reaper went into shroud? Withdraw. Then let them waste their shroud being able to do nothing.

Necromancer greatsword is a PvE weapon and shouts are trash.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Sword/pistol interrupt daredevil thief – equip daredevil interrupt does damage trait.

Headshot, headshot, headshot, steal, pistol whip, fear, headshot, scorpion wire, headshot, etc…

Reapers were easy prey. I only ever played a thief during this beta weekend so I’m very inexperienced with it. Daredevils or thieves and mesmers in general are going to destroy necromancers/reapers in HoT.

Whenever a reaper went into shroud? Withdraw. Then let them waste their shroud being able to do nothing.

Necromancer greatsword is a PvE weapon and shouts are trash.

Luckily, you can go Reaper without using GS and Shouts…and then things start to look quite different. Watch Hollts video for reference, he 1v1’d Thied and Mesmer on multiple occasions (although I cannot account for their skill level, I’m pretty sure it is close to that of Hollts).

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

´Havent lost a single dual vs Thieves during BWE2 and have encountered what u mentioned. Patience + Staff then wait and use GS and RS at right time. But as long as the Thief aint Condi-Range I didnt find any problems. They lack the CC of Eles,Warr and Engis.

I did encounter the Range issue vs LB Rangers tho and vs those I had to use terrain, Sp.Walk and hope they got impatient (worked 50/50) Maybe there is just so many bad Thieves out there since its a popular roaming class but yea thats my honest impression.

Worst class to fight Rangers for sure. And still Warrior with stances is painful specially ince opposite to DS now RS is purely offensive tool, cant rely on its defence at all imho… just drains to fast in combat… specially in 1v1 (kinda the reverse to DS)

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I fought a bunch of thieves 1v1 and won as many as I lost against them. You just have to out play them.

https://youtu.be/mIENCX-RVIg

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I fought a bunch of thieves 1v1 and won as many as I lost against them. You just have to out play them.

https://youtu.be/mIENCX-RVIg

yea i agree completely, patience if u dont first ladn a big hitter is key.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

I can confirm that the thief I fought in my video was of similar skill level to me. We fought a lot and it was a 60/40 win rate for me. ANY PATIENT THIEF will win from any necro, simply cuz of LF draining. This works in duels, but not in actual PvP.

And ye, lockdown teef with spamable CC will win of most necro’s/reapers, but what does it do vs other classes?

Just my 2 cents

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

I’m glad we have a counter. I don’t want to become the next elementalist, picked by scrubs and saturating tournaments, all the while waiting for the nerfhammer.

No thanks. That sucks. I’m happier being part of the rock paper scissors design, rather than sat outside it with 25 might stacks and water fields.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Daredevil with staff is a tough fight 1v1, I found 1v1 on my build tougher then when me and my buddy on rev did 2v3or4. I found reaper excellent in the chaos of a larger fight.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Daredevil with staff is a tough fight 1v1, I found 1v1 on my build tougher then when me and my buddy on rev did 2v3or4. I found reaper excellent in the chaos of a larger fight.

That was my favorite part of hits BWE. We got to go into team fights. And we got to thrive there. So much AoE all the time means that we can further the chaos, throw off skill rotations and ruin an enemy team’s day

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i think necro in general are not build for 1v1. sure you can build it but the build wont be good in group play . reaper gs is mainly in group play and shout also benefit from group play and not dueling
i have tried several builds 1v1 a thief and after 60-120 sec or even longer he killed me just being patient but in team fight theaf hardly killed me unless i am outnumbered and need to die on the point

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

i think necro in general are not build for 1v1. sure you can build it but the build wont be good in group play

Oh you have no idea!
There are some high survivability + average damage + debilitating conditions necro builds out there that are both good in team fights and 1v1. Of course, they are not as good as DD eles

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

That was my favorite part of hits BWE. We got to go into team fights. And we got to thrive there. So much AoE all the time means that we can further the chaos, throw off skill rotations and ruin an enemy team’s day

That’s something I loved as well, finally feeling like I belonged in a teamfight instead of skirting the edges. I got a lot of use of the shouts and am actually quite pleased with how they work out. Still a couple minor things that need some attention, but Reapers in a teamfight actually feel strong.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i think necro in general are not build for 1v1. sure you can build it but the build wont be good in group play

Oh you have no idea!
There are some high survivability + average damage + debilitating conditions necro builds out there that are both good in team fights and 1v1. Of course, they are not as good as DD eles

i said sure you can build it
i can go bunker, celestial, or soldier but the dmg is low compare to ele as you mention or engi or guard which have more group support etc…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raziel.8072

Raziel.8072

I never ran into any fair 1v1 thieves, they always had at least 1 other thief or a mesmer and a thief with them so my only comparison for them was 3 second ganks. There was no counterplay for that. Daredevil was nearly impossible to kill. Even if you got lucky enough to land a few hits it was effortless for them to withdraw out of the fight and reset, same as they would do with stealth but they can do it much more frequently. For core mesmers I did manage a few 1v1’s, did fairly well but against chronomancer I had no chance. Shutdowns for dayz. Strangely enough I had least problems with rangers, contrary to what others have said here. Being able to leap on them while destroying their pewpews made a big difference and once you pressure them enough they panic and start doing stupid stuff to get away. Just a matter of keeping pressure and forcing them to blow all defenses before you really lay into them. Mesmer and DD are going to be the main problems for us now like warriors once were

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morde.3158

Morde.3158

Do you guys even play gw2? necro master race