How Much "Health" does DS have....

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I am running a 0/30/30/10/0 Toughness Condition build and found myself more often then not getting RIDICULOUSLY burst down THROUGH 100% Death Shroud AND from 100% full health to dead in like 1-2 second by Warriors and thieves. This seems SERIOUSLY broken, surely a toughness build should be well kinda tough yet i can be burst down through FULL Death Shroud and Health by Thieves and Warriors

Anyone else experience this? How the hell can this be countered? i mean getting stunned and becoming dead in under 2seconds kind of SUCKS when you just simply cant do ANYTHING as far as i am aware

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

keep atleast one stun breaker up always. If nothing else for warriors/theifs.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

I think 75% of your normal health (losing 4% a second).

Ch-ch-ch-Chip ‘N Dale’s
Rescue Rangers

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

(edited by Dibrom.6408)

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Yeah but thats only useful when you get enough time to use it, the stun is on until i actually die (that counts finish as well) if i am in DS, i have to leave that use a Stun Breaker that takes more time to do then it does for them to kill me.

Npow i am not saying we should be able to take as much damage as “Bunker” Guardians (which is SERIOUSLY overpowered) but it would be nice if being in a “Toughness” build that i didnt get burst down SO easily

in Necromancer

Dibrom.6408

Yeah but thats only useful when you get enough time to use it, the stun is on until i actually die (that counts finish as well) if i am in DS, i have to leave that use a Stun Breaker that takes more time to do then it does for them to kill me.

Npow i am not saying we should be able to take as much damage as “Bunker” Guardians (which is SERIOUSLY overpowered) but it would be nice if being in a “Toughness” build that i didnt get burst down SO easily

What?

Stun Breakers are instant
Entering/Leaving DS is instant
Doom is instant

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

What?

Stun Breakers are instant
Entering/Leaving DS is instant
Doom is instant

“instant” isnt actually “instant” as you have to account for Ping and such. then theres the fact within 1second i will be down to a few thousand health…whats the point in using a stun breaker then?

Plus this all depends on having everything off cooldown as well

I dont really have problems with anyone else, sure i might die but it wont be in under 2seconds even though its MEANT to make you HARDER to kill, i can survive LONGER fighting several other people at the same time then fighting just 1 of these spec-ed classes

in Necromancer

Dibrom.6408

Right, ping only affects you. The warrior/thief attacking you don’t have to deal with it, I forgot.

Well good luck to you and your staying alive exploits.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

I am running a 0/30/30/10/0 Toughness Condition build and found myself more often then not getting RIDICULOUSLY burst down THROUGH 100% Death Shroud AND from 100% full health to dead in like 1-2 second by Warriors and thieves. This seems SERIOUSLY broken, surely a toughness build should be well kinda tough yet i can be burst down through FULL Death Shroud and Health by Thieves and Warriors

Anyone else experience this? How the hell can this be countered? i mean getting stunned and becoming dead in under 2seconds kind of SUCKS when you just simply cant do ANYTHING as far as i am aware

I’m assuming when you say this, you mean Wombo Combo (Stun/100b) from warrior or Pistol Whip from thief or 1v2+

When you get stunned, and you don’t have stun breaker up, you can deathshroud + fear while stunned. I do this all the time to 100b/PW

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I’m assuming when you say this, you mean Wombo Combo (Stun/100b) from warrior or Pistol Whip from thief or 1v2+

When you get stunned, and you don’t have stun breaker up, you can deathshroud + fear while stunned. I do this all the time to 100b/PW

Im not to sure what the skill is, its something that they warrior jumps into me swinging around like crazy, the Thief got no idea as they went into stealth and the next thing i knew i was dead.

This was THROUGH 100% Death Shroud as well as 100% health, fear is useful when its off cool down but i just dont under stand how a TOUGHNESS build can take SO much damage in like 2seconds when you look at “Bunker” Guardians can take INSANE amounts of damage now i dont want us like that but being at least able to SURVIVE their burst would be nice…

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Supposedly 100% LF is the same as full health. Not sure how the 30% from Soul Reaping interacts with that tho (a numbered overlay would be nice, Anet!).

I ran into someone saying that there could be a bug poping DS in the middle of a incoming channel tho. He were not sure, but it seemed as if the damage was still done to health rather than LF.

Honestly, the way DS is designed right now drives me towards macroing so that i can one tap a quick use of the DS sub-skills without having to do a 3 button dance. Using the profession skills in any other profession is a one button affair. But if i want to use DS to for the AOE, it is a case of F1, 4, then F1 again once done (a “quick” fear becomes F1, 2, F1). If i want to AOE with my Engineer it is a case of F2 or F3 for grenade or bomb (maybe the others if elixirs are traited for damage or i packed the flamer turret).

Only one that comes close to that is the attunement dance of elementalists. But at least they trade that effort for a massive amount of skills.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

They also need to fix the fact that you start with 0% Death Shroud that is total BULL seriously NO other class has there mechanic kittened and have to rebuild it from the start of a match so why should we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

Im not to sure what the skill is, its something that they warrior jumps into me swinging around like crazy, the Thief got no idea as they went into stealth and the next thing i knew i was dead.

This was THROUGH 100% Death Shroud as well as 100% health, fear is useful when its off cool down but i just dont under stand how a TOUGHNESS build can take SO much damage in like 2seconds when you look at “Bunker” Guardians can take INSANE amounts of damage now i dont want us like that but being at least able to SURVIVE their burst would be nice…

Yeah I just said what warrior did, if you have stun breaker or you fear him in shroud as reactive measure, he’ll just stand there clueless it’s really one shot combo. As for proactive measure, you can use staff #5 as soon as you see him charging in.

As for thief going into stealth and wtfinstagibbing you, it was most likely backstab build. Without deathshroud at almost full, this one is hard to counter but doable if you see him coming, again pop staff #5 and evade once then pop chillbane

I run WvW all the time with almost pure glass cannon (220 toughness, no vit) necro and I almost never die getting jumped by thief with 50% deathshroud. Pre-emptive staff #5 saved my life more than I can count

EDIT: I don’t know why it underlined that part up there, weird

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cyricus.2981

Cyricus.2981

Sounds like thief backstab build with the Assassin’s Signet. It makes a normal backstab do 150% more damage and adds might stacks on top of that for a one hit wonder build. You have to be very quick to survive the initial burst, as the good ones will use cloak and dagger, steal with damage trait to gap close, those two abilities do about 3-5k damage each, pop the signet and then hit you for 10k+ before you even realize that they are attacking you. The signet adds like 3k to 5k more damage alone and is the ultimate culprit. Normally, backstab does good damage, but can be countered.

in Necromancer

Posted by: QSpec.4298

QSpec.4298

@Dibrom

Where is the 75% of health coming from?

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Yeah DS #3 saved me many times! If you’re getting jumped by melee characters make sure you have a “closest enemy” key bound, makes it easy to jump into DS, select them, and fear them away.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: merch.1026

merch.1026

I did some tests in the mists a few weeks back basicaly hurling my self of high places and poping DS just before hitting making a note of how much % was lost and its roughly equal to your max HP pool, so knights amulet+30 points in blood + vitatliy runes and you can get over 32000hp base so 32000 DS hit points +30% more if using 30 soul reaping giving you a max hp overall of around 73600.
If you use lich/plague while at full health your max pool goes up and your hit points go up to match it (I think 27480 in lich form and 18320 in plague)

so lich form take some hits back to normal then to full DS and back to normal and you can take up to 100,000 damage.

Ok this is taking it to the extreme and you probably hit like a wet fish while doing this but there you go.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Erhnam.5732

Erhnam.5732

So, you took over 40k damage (and thats with no vit/tough) from 2 enemies (one warrior, one thief) in 2 seconds? 10k DPS from each?

Sorry, something doesnt compute here

in Necromancer

merch.1026

could be the bug where channeled skills started before entering DS carry on eating at your real HP

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

@Erhnam, i have just over 2,000Toughness and just over 18.5k health give or take and i was burst down through 100% Death Shroud and 100% health before i could do anything.

The bigger issue is with the constantly stealthing Thieves as they stealth and attack you doing shed loads of damage then go into stealth again and repeat doing stupid amounts of damage

in Necromancer

merch.1026

They also need to fix the fact that you start with 0% Death Shroud that is total BULL seriously NO other class has there mechanic kittened and have to rebuild it from the start of a match so why should we?

Please see my guild to getting up to 57% LF before starting pvp
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Get-up-to-57-LF-out-of-combat-before-pvp-starts/first#post372379

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Please see my guild to getting up to 57% LF before starting pvp
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Get-up-to-57-LF-out-of-combat-before-pvp-starts/first#post372379

As i said in the thread – we SHOULDNT have to do this, we should be starting with 100% Death Shroud everyone else can use theres from the start yet we have to go out and kill people and such in order to be able to use it, totally unfair against us

in Necromancer

merch.1026

having double HP is unfair but you don’t hear other classes complain (too much)

*stealth edit of here-> hear

(edited by merch.1026)

in Necromancer

Posted by: zexion.5842

zexion.5842

So, you took over 40k damage (and thats with no vit/tough) from 2 enemies (one warrior, one thief) in 2 seconds? 10k DPS from each?

Sorry, something doesnt compute here

You are right something doesn’t compute here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9RvLnC6nSR4

Basically against one theif you might be able to do something to survive, if there is someone else with the theif don’t plan on living.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

So many people here fail to understand balance and are completely bias, thinking it would be ok if necro started on 100% LF….lol.

Necro does need to start with some LF but definitely not 100%, 20-30% would be fine, just to give some protection against being tunneled at the start of matches.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DoctorWhy.3847

DoctorWhy.3847

Merch: We don’t “here” other classes complaining because they don’t hit like wet noodles. Even if we have that extra bar of health, any other class can melt it (besides maybe an Engi, unless they spec right). ANet makes Necro weak purposefully, because we have this extra bar of health and weapon set. I would much rather them rework DS and make it so it seems more balanced, and we don’t melt like ice being hurled into the sun.

in Necromancer

merch.1026

wet noodles, two weeks ago I would have agreed with you, I was waving my scepter around stacking bleeds, the damage is there but you really “see” it. your foe doesnt see it and they don’t doubt that they can kill you and so they hit on you till either they kill you or the bleeds finally do take effect and they go down.

Since then i got bored of stacking bleeds and started using power and crit at first I was scared that going “glass cannon” was not a good idea for a necro but with a good use of none damaging conditions (chill, weakness and vulnerability being my favorite) you can reduce incoming damage and increase out going damage. No its not a 1 skill 1 kill setup like a warrior of thief but the damage is good but requires more thought about what and when you do things. if as a necro you start inflicting damage in number over 1,000 hits on other classes they may subconsciously doubt that they can kill you and that confidence will help you win.

My advice to any necro feeling unable to win a 1v1 go for broke stack condtion duration power precision and crit damage and don’t look back until you either failing terrible or actually get used to it.

(edited by merch.1026)

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Well fall damage is done as percentage of health, rather than a set value. This so that level 1 and level 80 both end up defeated from the same fall height.

(edited by digiowl.9620)

in Necromancer

merch.1026

I did some fall damage testing in the mists with no traits and bare stats and i would say its between 18K – 19K.

This is correct, my post further up I mentioned doing the same fall tests.
I discovered that Life force HP is roughtly you current HP stacking Vitatily increases the ammout of hits you can take in DS
I wrote a long post about it here :https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Looking-at-Life-force-in-a-different-way/first#post202976