How about we stop Alienating the Dev that plays Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

How about we stop Alienating the Dev that plays Necro.

Seriously take John Peters out of your crosshairs and focus on something else. Have you ever played an MMO where there is never any communication between the Devs and the players!? This is why. It starts here.

The necromancer is what it is, John Peters telling us we haven’t learned full use of DS waay back when isn’t him saying L2P if you are seriously offended by that look in the mirror as you guys are saying 100x worse things.

John Peters plays he necro, he should be our advocate, one that we can talk to, not some hated pariah.

Do not alienate the Dev that represents our class because of some past quite that people completely spinned out of context. There is no way a Dev would honestly bash there players come on now.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

Agree with this, you can’t expect a Dev to be perfect at all aspects of the game.

He seems like a pretty bright guy and regardless of how well he performed with some silly build he was having fun with it doesn’t mean we should personally attack him.

I for one am happy Arenanet/Jon is mostly letting the metagame stabilize and bugs get fixed before making big changes. Attacking him won’t get us anywhere.

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

(edited by Sundial.9015)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Necro is not a bad class at all in my opinion, my main problem is all the bugs and broken traits/skills with the class that still have not been fixed.

Life force gain trait, scepter bleed duration not stacking with hemophillia, plague signet not removing conditions from allies, corrupt boon not working, pets AI still not fixed, blood traits messed up, elite forms/DS/ and minions being super countered by moa, all of this irritates me that it’s not fixed yet after 1 month that the game has been out.

So when I’m playing and one of this things affect me I think, hey how awesome would it be if this had been fixed, and every patch I look forward tothese fixes and nothing.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

@Zogyark: Hemophelia and Lingering Curses do stack correctly.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

I’m glad a dev is playing necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

@ alanis – Oh I’m sorry, I guess the class is fine now then I’ll go back and play it…

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Yep, the issue with hemophilia is that the initial number is so low that the increase vanishes in the noise.

As for the vampiric traits and healing power, as there has been no official feedback we do not know if it is a bug or working as intended.

And that may be the main issue, feedback. While there was a “nice work” comment on the initial issues thread, and we have seen some of the bugs being fixed based on that, other changes have caught the necro community by surprise (the change of BiP to a might granter for instance).

Checking the dev tracker i see devs engaging with the community about warriors, rangers, thiefs and likely others if i dig far enough back.

Then again, the game has been out maybe a month, and they have more things to deal with than simply balancing and fixing the professions. Patience is a virtue as they say.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arolas.5209

Arolas.5209

+1
In my opinion I think all the complaints about necros are a little bit exaggurated, if you play it right you can be a big asset in parties. My necro is 65 atm, reason I’m not 80 is because I’ve been playing sPvP for the majority of the time, and if I play my necro right I’m owning everyone except very very good players (not thieves and mesmers in particular, one of my most hated classes in 1v1s is engineers). I think we should give our dev a break, the game hasn’t been out long and I think it is a bit naive to believe that everything is going to be perfect this early. As the devs have said earlier, they will work on balancing issues when they have let the meta game stabilize, a very wise thing to do in my opinion. If they give in to everyones demands about buffing the necro, I believe we will become OP. We need some adjustments here and there, but I’m very sure the dev team knows this aswell. So I suggest all the ones that are complaining/are going to complain to make it as unpersonalized and constructive as possible if they are going to complain. If I were a dev reading the forums, the first thing I would do would be to ignore posts like “OMG Y NO MOAR DPS”, “u suck ANet, fix class naow”, “I uninstalled the game, my necro doesnt one-shoot” etc etc. Then I would move on to posts that look a bit more constructive and may give me some objective feedback. So have faith everyone, it isn’t as doomy ’n gloomy as many would have it.

Arolas, lvl 80 Necromancer
Far Shiverpeaks

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Yea, i am of the opinion that the main issue right now is the clunky nature of the DS interface. End result is that most ignore it beyond some kind of panic button, but some manage to drill their fingers into the sequences needed to use Dark Path and Doom as the situational utilities they are.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teknomancer.8475

Teknomancer.8475

Do not alienate the Dev that represents our class because of some past quite that people completely spinned out of context. There is no way a Dev would honestly bash there players come on now.

While I am all for the defense of Anet, I don’t think anyone is alienating Jon Peters. He is not the necro class representative. Haven’t seen any official posts stating he was or ever will be. He is a lead developer. He does not spend every night or everyday that he comes to work looking at what makes necros tick. In that regard the necro community forums hold him responsible for a little more than he is worth.
It is quite alright for the community to point out flaws in recorded gameplay. Anytime anyone has posted videos that is exactly what any forum community does. We critique and point out flaws or commend where commending is due. Just because in this particular clip of gameplay there was little to nothing to commend him on does not mean we are alienating him. He’s a big boy , I’m sure if he feels like he needs to defend his gameplay, he will.
On the subject of a developer bashing their players, I think that is exactly how most necros feel about a certain statement he made a while back. While I’m sure he did not mean it to insult us , as a community or whole, it did certainly sting quite a few.

Happy Thirsty Thursday
Madame Moorshade Teknomancer.

(edited by Teknomancer.8475)

in Necromancer

alanis.6094

@ alanis – Oh I’m sorry, I guess the class is fine now then I’ll go back and play it…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

p.s. All I did was provide you with correct information so you, and others, won’t be confused.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Necromancer

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

I am Necro and Warrior player and necros are fine, class is just buggy and I would get rid of Death Magic tree “minion” small traits that are useless for every build except minion master. Small traits like: Jagged Horror and give X Toughness for every minion you have.

Some stability wouldnt hurt but I can live without it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elronor.4571

Elronor.4571

I wouldnt start judging any devs yet, atleast necro is playable and enjoyable…
If you just knew the devs in lotro….

Elmolol -Elementalist lv80
Sir Elron Noki – Warrior lv80
Server: Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

alanis.6094

Yep, the issue with hemophilia is that the initial number is so low that the increase vanishes in the noise.

The scepter auto attack is low duration, but MoB, Grasping, and Enfeeble all get 1-2 extra ticks just through Hemophelia alone. That equates to 300+ dmg per target from MoB and Grasping, and 400+ dmg per target from Enfeeble.

It is also a good starting point for those that want to stack duration with Spite, Runes, and Sigils.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Necromancer

Posted by: DoctorWhy.3847

DoctorWhy.3847

The problem I have with the design is that they are building a class around 1 powerful aspect, therefor, as has been mentioned before, it will turn out EXACTLY like what happened with the Guardians (or whatever they are called in WoW), with the invulnerability for a few seconds. Guardians ended up getting nerfed to the point of unplayability. That is what I fear for our necro.

We haven’t gotten any feedback on this concern. If they expect us to respect them, they have to earn it, not ignore us. I do agree that direct attacks are wrong, but I would appreciate feedback on the state of the necro if they expect people to keep playing it with NO complaints.

Feedback or people will complain a lot more. That is the internet.

This is true for this forum. Check out the WvW forum. There use to be about 10 threads complaining about night capping each day. A dev just made a “This is why we do what we do” thread, and BAM! There are fewer and fewer threads complaining about it. Is that too much to ask here??

(edited by DoctorWhy.3847)

in Necromancer

Posted by: QSpec.4298

QSpec.4298

I agree in the sense that we don’t need to be alienating anyone.

That said, aside from one thread (most of which was informative, but it did start off with a l2p), our dev has been quiet, very quiet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

That said, aside from one thread (most of which was informative, but it did start off with a l2p), our dev has been quiet, very quiet.

I’d the silent too, at least for the time being. Until more of the bugs are fixed I don’t see there being any decent discussion beyond calls for bug fixes (which honestly is stupid, unless you think ANet is just going to ignore the bugs). Once they sort that out and we actually start getting into how and why the class works then I hope we see more active dev discussion.

in Necromancer

DoctorWhy.3847

I’d the silent too, at least for the time being. Until more of the bugs are fixed I don’t see there being any decent discussion beyond calls for bug fixes (which honestly is stupid, unless you think ANet is just going to ignore the bugs). Once they sort that out and we actually start getting into how and why the class works then I hope we see more active dev discussion.

I would appreciate acknowledgements on bugs that are caused by updates. Not only so we know they notice, but also because, such as the plague signet this time around, if the current situation with it was intended (you now have to target something), or if it was a bug. I would also greatly appreciate a “These are the types of bugs we are trying to fix first” type of post, because they seem to just be fixing bugs that may not be as major as others (Again, the plague signet bug they fixed isn’t the major bug that should have been fixed with the plague signet, so a little feedback on what they are thinking would help).

As a software developer myself, I do this much for my users, and I am working on projects alone…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mindx.9610

Mindx.9610

Im pretty sure JP was using berserkers amulet in the video everyone is bashing him on….. berserkers on a necro is a recipe for disaster…

[Apex] – Zero Entity 80 Necromancer
Blackgate Apexprime.enjin.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: mangocheesecake.1487

mangocheesecake.1487

His main is a warrior, and the warrior is the least bugged and most played class.
So I, for one, am super glad he is playing the necro.

Esp because he might be playing it to get a better feel of the class. Fingers crossed for the new patch!

Terrifying Kitties | SBI | Recruiting Active Players for WvW and PvE
PM Carme, Soji, Taper, or Mrsowrd in game

in Necromancer

BlueprintLFE.2358

The problem I have with the design is that they are building a class around 1 powerful aspect, therefor, as has been mentioned before, it will turn out EXACTLY like what happened with the Guardians (or whatever they are called in WoW), with the invulnerability for a few seconds. Guardians ended up getting nerfed to the point of unplayability. That is what I fear for our necro.

We haven’t gotten any feedback on this concern. If they expect us to respect them, they have to earn it, not ignore us. I do agree that direct attacks are wrong, but I would appreciate feedback on the state of the necro if they expect people to keep playing it with NO complaints.

Feedback or people will complain a lot more. That is the internet.

This is true for this forum. Check out the WvW forum. There use to be about 10 threads complaining about night capping each day. A dev just made a “This is why we do what we do” thread, and BAM! There are fewer and fewer threads complaining about it. Is that too much to ask here??

Of course feedback would be nice,

But why do you think we don’t get any feedback? Because the last time a Dev posted here the community completely spun the meaning of his post and have been throwing insults and exaggerated attacks since it happened. I wouldn’t be surprised if we barely ever hear any feedback.

It’s a give and take. They give us into and we provide constructive criticism. If there are people constantly bashing devs and other no wonder none of them are posting here, is it right? Maybe not, as its there job, but it happens. The last 3 MMOs I have played have started out with devs responding, the players blast the devs call them lazy and stupid and then you never hear from the devs again, just the community managers. This happens whether people want to believe it or not.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Thing is that “you’re holding it wrong” can’t be constructively criticized.

It is on par with people coming in here claiming their build trumps all, but won’t share or they will loose their edge.

in Necromancer

Teknomancer.8475

BlueprintLFE.2358
I’m not sure how long you have been cruising these necro forums, but I am very sure we have been asking for communication between us and the devs since day 1 of the forums opening. At first we did politely ask to be updated or told what they had in store. No response. In fact I myself made several threads very politely asking about some sort of communication. those threads were deleted for calling out anet staff.
Anet does not have to tell us anything. I’ve said it a bunch of times now. They do not owe us anything in the form of communication.
But it would be really nice if they did.
Like DrWhy explained a little communication with us here would stop a lot of the complaining. When they do not communicate with us, and then suddenly change abilities or traits that are not even on the bug list, it worries people.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Schnitter.9857

Schnitter.9857

PPl that say necro is good arent playing necro really.
Taking the hemophillia for example, i just cant comprehend how my hemophillia gives me 20% of bleed durat and the Deep Cuts Warrior Trait gives him 50% of bleed durat.
I can be wrong, but for me doesnt make any sense, since this trait theoretically would be more viable and important for a necro than for a warrior…
Besides this, we have tons of bugs in important traits, like Gluttony that if runs correctly would help much more our survivability.
I understand the Devs have much job to do, that all the professions need to be fixed, but probably necro is the most broken of them.

in Necromancer

BlueprintLFE.2358

How about we stop Alienating the Dev that plays Necro.

Seriously take John Peters out of your crosshairs and focus on something else. Have you ever played an MMO where there is never any communication between the Devs and the players!? This is why. It starts here.

The necromancer is what it is, John Peters telling us we haven’t learned full use of DS waay back when isn’t him saying L2P if you are seriously offended by that look in the mirror as you guys are saying 100x worse things.

John Peters plays he necro, he should be our advocate, one that we can talk to, not some hated pariah.

Jon Peters doesn’t “play necro” he just happened to be playing a necro.

I’d love to talk to the guy, I’d love for him to be our “advocate”. Brown nosing him isn’t going to do that.

Let me know when he does some necro re-balancing (other then trying to shoehorn in some might for power builds).

Side Note:
Without commenting on his actual skill; I don’t buy that “He’s doesn’t have to be a good player because EXCUSE EXCUSE EXCUSE”. He shouldn’t be the game designer if he can’t play at a decent level. (David Sirlin is an great example of how a game designer should work. Design/Listen/Play/Design)

Go back to Hight school if you are going to bring “brown nosing” into a kittening conversation about Necros and the community. I’m trying to have a discussion with our community so if your are going to try ad degrade the thread kindly gtfo.

He may or may not be our Dev, but who was the last Dev to post in the necro forums? THE most bugged class in the game. To my knowledge (and I kitten well maybe wrong if I am please correct me) I haven’t observed a Dev post in these forums since the community blew up johns comment to L2P. The most bugged class and 0 Dev input.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stormy O.7025

Stormy O.7025

For those of you claiming that the Necro is severely underpowered, why don’t you come up with a build (with a different class) that will always beat any Necro build all the time? (I’m referring more to 1 v 1, rather than being able to stack the most conditions or deal the most direct damage—it’s clear that some classes excel at certain things than others, such as the Necro being able to apply the most chill, or re-direct conditions to opponents or remove boons better than many other classes).

P.S. – not saying Necro doesn’t need some fixes (e.g., minion AI), but it’s not as severe as what people make it out to be (mainly referring to those who say Necros can’t beat other classes).

P.S.2 – yeah, I know I’m off-topic from the OP.

in Necromancer

DoctorWhy.3847

BlueprintLFE: The post about the necro that everyone is annoyed about wasn’t even on this forum. It was in PvP. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/I-play-a-necro-but-I-traid-a-warrior-for-one-play-session/page/2#post116878

I don’t think there was any dev talk in this forum, besides a thank you for the bug list. Could be the same for other classes as well, but my point still stands. Communication. People will calm down a bit if you communicate. You don’t even have to read ANY threads that come up. Instead, just post their own. But that is apparently too much to ask from ANet.

Stormy: My roomie plays a thief in PvP. He has not once fallen from a necro 1v1. Ever… So… just play a thief moderately well, and you beat necros? I even saw a moderately intense battle with a necro, and my roomie ended up stomping him in the end pretty hard.

I suck, so my own personal experience in WvW is not what I am annoyed at in the balance. But watching other classes, it really annoys me that they have such an easy time compared to me. But I am stubborn and play the first class I chose because I want to like it. I see the potential, but it is impossible to reach until they fix the bugs, and hopefully not end up nerfing us because DS is too strong in only a few players hands

One more thing… Guardian has amazing condition/boon control as well (if not better), so we are not better than them at it…

(edited by DoctorWhy.3847)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

We are well served here on the ANet forums with access to the Devs especially when you look at some of the other game forums. It is rewarding to know a Dev actually plays our class and I am sure he can see its weaknesses as well as we can.

It is the old rock/paper/scissors class strategy where one class is NOT superior to all others and is susceptible to at least one other. We are an enjoyable class to play and when played intelligently can really deal it out.

The disappointment is the eternal whining on these forums about the class basics. These should remain NOT negotiable. If you want different basic class characteristics then look at other classes. The Devs cannot and should not try to blend all class basics.

in Necromancer

Stormy O.7025

@DoctorWhy:

Well, it’s all based on anecdotal evidence though.

I’ve played on sPvp hot-join (currently rank 34). With my Necro, I’ve never lost to any thief 1v1 (or any other classes 1v1 except when Moa’d by a Mesmer). On my Thief, I’ve never lost to any Necro 1 v 1. On my Elementalist D/D build, I’ve never lost to any Necro or Thief 1v1. That says a lot about the build and play-ability of most people IMO. (Remark: I’ve never met a backstab thief that plays like those videos I saw where people die in a sec. I think it’s OPed or at least would be a very unenjoyable experience. But lets just ignore that one because I don’t think it’s intentional by design.)

I just think it’s frustrating to see people complain that Necro loses to all classes and have these people ignore the advice that others give (or maybe they can’t use the advice to its potential?). And if these people claim to be a master of the Necro, then they should be able to come up with an opponent’s build that will beat any Necro build.

(edited by Stormy O.7025)

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Part of the whining is likely a outcome of the games defensive side being so based on player reaction time rather than character stats. This means that if you get blindsided by a thief or warrior, or confused by the mesmer clones, you basically go down (meaning that the game at present favors those that can confuse, hide, or deliver a high amount of damage from the word go). There is also the very noticeable need to charge LF before DS can be used in any capacity, while the rest of the professions can do their thing out of the gate. The closest thing to LF is warrior adrenaline, but how dependent are they on it being charged?

in Necromancer

DoctorWhy.3847

@DoctorWhy:

Well, it’s all based on anecdotal evidence though.

I’ve played on sPvp hot-join (currently rank 34). With my Necro, I’ve never lost to any thief 1v1 (or any other classes 1v1 except when Moa’d by a Mesmer). On my Thief, I’ve never lost to any Necro 1 v 1. On my Elementalist D/D build, I’ve never lost to any Necro or Thief 1v1. That says a lot about the build and play-ability of most people IMO.

I just think it’s frustrating to see people complain that Necro loses to all classes and have these people ignore the advice that others give (or maybe they can’t use the advice to its potential?). And if these people claim to be a master of the Necro, then they should be able to come up with an opponent’s build that will beat any Necro build.

I’ll say it again… I suck at necro. Never claimed to be even good. But my point isn’t that another class can beat out the necro, but that the necro is over shadowed by other classes, because the necro has nothing more they can add to a group that one class or another does better.

in Necromancer

Stormy O.7025

@DoctorWhy: Then that just comes to opinions then, because some people claim “epidemic” is absolutely wonderful.

I don’t use epidemic, but I think the necromancer is quite wonderful with how “well-rounded” it is—that is, the capability to spec to have a lot of effective AOE skills (from range), but still be able to go 1 v 1 against other classes well too. And when minion AI work, they can deal very high damage quickly.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

I think the part you’re missing from all this is John Peters used/is to play Warrior telling Necro how to play, you know that class that is most played, least # of bugs in the game?

I actually applaud John Peters on trying out one of the least played and most buggy profession in the game, completely opposite of what he used to play

He is getting tons of flame now because there was recent video of him playing Necro not doing so hot, if what he claimed was true regarding Necro, shouldn’t he play at least mediocre? I think flames from Necro community has valid point

As for players defending their own honor, this isn’t blow to your kitten or ego here, you can go anti-X, tanky build etc and faceroll anyone in pub sPvP game, half the players there just rock berserker set anyway

tl;dr John Peters play warrior, got owned playing Necro, flame make sense

(edited by Chronologist.9782)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

Hey stormy O I remember your Elementalist D/D. I didn’t get to play against you long cause of the loading screen bug. You were a very good player, but I didn’t get to 1v1 you, it always ended up me vs you and someone else who joined later on.

You played a heavy CC elementalist, and I think that perfectly counters a necro. We have very limited access to stability so while my huge health pool was helpful you wouldnt let me do anything and then someone else would join and then at that time I was already behind after being cc’d and then the extra damage just made it impossible to win.

The conditions need time to work, and if I’m cc’d before I can place the conditions I think we fall very behind in the damage race.

The main problem I have is necro kills over time, and we are tanky for that reason. But when you need that fast kill before the other teammates show up it falls flat. However on that regard it makes us excellent at holding points until someone comes.

But then you look at say a mesmer and they can hold a point for quite a while with clones while still running a glass cannon build. And they still have the burst with the sword to help in small skirmishes or to aid a teammate.

Guardians even non bunker builds have enough knockbacks and utilities to hold points for quite a while as well.

Thieves with multiple stealths and annoying down mechanics can yet again hold a point while still running a relatively glass cannon build.

This I feel is the reason you see them so much in tourneys and sPvP, they can be offensive and defensive while still running a rather bursty comp. Necro is pidgeonholed into a defensive tank build running conditions that is good at holding points but terrible at helping teammates secure a kill (lack of stability for stomps as well).

Rangers, average to above average at killing, terrible at holding points.

Elementalist are in the middle, they have to spec to what they want to do. Very high mobility though and support skills.

Warriors are very good at killing and securing the kills. You’re facing off 1v1 against some other dude, you don’t notice their warrior friend he charges you and 100 blades and all of sudden you’re either dead or extremely low. If you’re downed you get instantly stomped before you can even CC. They aren’t great at holding points but their mobility is very good, and if they hold out long enough they can revenge wasting even more time.

Necros vs revenge specced warriors that rez if they kill something are horrendous. they kill your pet they rez, they kill a shark in raid of capricorn and they rez. Its so hard to kill them sometimes.

Think i went OT.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezekeel.2837

Ezekeel.2837

I agree with guidance counselor Blueprint. Yesterday we got a call from Jon’s mother and she made us aware that her son in the last six weeks was target of several bullying attacks perpetrated by people here in the necro forum. According to Jon’s mother her son regularly comes home in tears. Currently that poor little guy is to scared to even open up the necro class forum. This has to stop immediately! Nobody wants the necro forum to turn into a place ruled by fear.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alamir.6207

Alamir.6207

problem with that is, when dev say’s you suck and you see a video of him/her playing worst then you, and doesn’t even swap weaps. well it is degrading. from his comment it seems to me that he is more bias since he is only going with how he feels, and not seeing how it is for others. i for one only complain about the minions ai and the bugs. but i’m glad they are fixing the bugs, and i’m sure once the bug is fixed they will work on the ai of minions. just hope doesn’t take to long

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

In that case Ascii, him telling us how to play the necro is a bit silly don’t ya think?

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Ezekeel.2837

I agree with guidance counselor Blueprint. Yesterday we got a call from Jon’s mother and she made us aware that her son in the last six weeks was target of several bullying attacks perpetrated by people here in the necro forum. According to Jon’s mother her son regularly comes home in tears. Currently that poor little guy is to scared to even open up the necro class forum. This has to stop immediately! Nobody wants the necro forum to turn into a place ruled by fear.

Necro Fears tend to only last 1~1.5 seconds anyways so not like it matters lol.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elmentcius Koronel.6234

Elmentcius Koronel.6234

JP’s main is a warrior, AFAIK. People are just sour that JP told us necros to L2P, and we assume that JP knows something we all don’t know about DS, and did not perform.

in Necromancer

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

If he is our ‘advocate’ then it pisses me off more that some skills didn’t even get their fundamental functions tested before launch.

Plague signet says hello.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elmentcius Koronel.6234

Elmentcius Koronel.6234

Trait synergy says hi as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: josipva.3968

josipva.3968

This has to stop immediately! Nobody wants the necro forum to turn into a place ruled by fear.

No worries about that, everyone would be back in a second anyway….

in Necromancer

Teknomancer.8475

This has to stop immediately! Nobody wants the necro forum to turn into a place ruled by fear.

No worries about that, everyone would be back in a second anyway….

Someone already made a similar fear joke earlier.

in Necromancer

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Trait synergy says hi as well.

Plague Signet would like to have tea with Trait synergy.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Necromancer

Posted by: josipva.3968

josipva.3968

Someone already made a similar fear joke earlier.

yup, missed it :/

in Necromancer

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

If someone or one of the devs said that Thief was underpowered and people needed to learn how to play against the Thief, then proceed to play Thief and dominate the enemy team, wouldn’t you call them out on it?

When someone makes a statement which turns out look hypocritical, you call them out on it.

This thread is just a white knight attempt at brown nosing one of the devs as well as off topic to the discussion of Necromancer.

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Here is a suggestion: Instead of protecting the DEVs, why not let them speak for themselves. As far as I am concerned the last correspondence we have had from them is the following: Just prior to launch – Necros need some love (followed by nerf to axe); and 2 – learn DS.

My wish is to see the devs actually start commenting, giving feedback, explanations on the bugs that players have identified and validated.

Instead we have fanboys protecting devs. They designed the game, let them answer or at least discuss the issues at hand. I grow tired of the silence from devs. I know they read these forums, yet they remain silent. That is more frustrating than anything.

EASY psychological construct to master for you DEVS. Learn to talk to your community. Most of us could be easily placated with some simple feedback, or perhaps, we understand the bugs, we are attempting to fix. Instead, we have to reassure ourselves that YOU will do your job.

You’re making bank; appears your masses.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

We bagged one of them dev varmits the other day, had to chase him around half the map and murder a few clueless zerglings along the way, but we got him eventually!

Slightly more seriously though guys, I know all too well how bugged, busted and pootacular this career is, but at least the people making it have the decency to play it (even if the above case was our nemesis, the guardian) and they are fixing it. Fairly much no other MMO I’ve played in the last 10-12 years or so seemed to really invest much interest in the community past selling the box and collecting the subs, so I will give them credit for that.

Attachments:

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ahmon.1730

Ahmon.1730

We bagged one of them dev varmits the other day, had to chase him around half the map and murder a few clueless zerglings along the way, but we got him eventually!

Slightly more seriously though guys, I know all too well how bugged, busted and pootacular this career is, but at least the people making it have the decency to play it (even if the above case was our nemesis, the guardian) and they are fixing it. Fairly much no other MMO I’ve played in the last 10-12 years or so seemed to really invest much interest in the community past selling the box and collecting the subs, so I will give them credit for that.

You haven’t played many good MMOs, then. Not that there’s a lot that have an open attitude, but there are several prominent ones that had a surprising level of developer involvement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Now I have more reason to hate Storm bluff. :P

Anyway, I’m with my fellow Beastgater. Given enough time and the class will get it’s due. I suspect the only reason power builds haven’t been bufffed yet is because most classes are in our same situation. Having a ton of bugs and only a single competitive builds. The only classes exempt from these problems are warriors and thieves (Not sure whether or not thieves have any bugs, don’t really care tbh). They can’t solely focus on us and I’ll guarantee you that we’ll never see a single patch with sweeping changes/fixes. They’re gonna take it slow and monitor the results.

It sucks, but guardian makes an enjoyable alt for the time being (and engineer if your looking for a little complexity).

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s