How do stats affect minions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

Q:

So I would really like to know how different stats such as toughness and vitality affect our minions if they even do and if healing power has any effect on the power of the blood fiend or minions traited when to siphon health.
Do stats have the same effects on minions as the caster or do they scale differently?
I would really appreciate any awnser from anyone who can inform me even just a litle bit on this topic but I think we could also really use some developer feedback on this one just to clear up how things work.
Cheers!

(edited by Ice Furl.4982)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nixxez.8671

Nixxez.8671

The only way of stats affecting minions is that they are low and as a consequence minions are close to useless. Other than that, if they were meant to scale, it is probably bugged, so …

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

I’ve been wondering this myself.

Is the Power trait line’s trait that buffs Minion damage by 30% the only thing that affects minion damage as well, or does the Necro’s Power score affect it?

If so, does the Power stat and/or the trait also buff the bone minion’s toggle explosion?

Hoopa doopa.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

A: In no way at all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Someone claimed that precision seemed to increase the number of crits from minions, but this hasn’t been verified. Due to stats on minions being completely hidden, it’s almost impossible to tell without extensive testing.

Anecdotally the answer does seem to be: not at all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

the only things the strengthen minions are training of the master and flesh of the master.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zyxin.1235

Zyxin.1235

Syriac, I am currently running a very tanky build myself on my necromancer. It has served me well so far. Main stats on gear/gems/runes etc I grab are Toughness/Vit. But Condition damage and healing power don’t hurt either.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#MVVm0MzMMoNmmMoNmMG0xG0VacaqMk

This is what I have been running. Not the most “Damage” build. Though I have done fairly well in pve and pvp with this build. Most people seem to only think Necromancers are condition dps. Even people claiming that condition master is the only “Viable” build. Kind of sad, really. I do hope you enjoy the MM necro, wish you luck.

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Minions scale by your level.
Other than that your stats don’t affect them afaik.
There are traits that power them up though, as you’ve noticed.

Benight[Edge]

in Necromancer

Posted by: phamtrinli.6425

phamtrinli.6425

So I guess the only stat’s you will want as a pet necro are: tough/vit

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zyxin.1235

Zyxin.1235

So I guess the only stat’s you will want as a pet necro are: tough/vit

Only stats, no. You will still want power/condition damage depending on wep/play style. If you want to go all power for a Minion Master, that’s all you. Mine is set up to be survivable for pvp. As most theives wont think a necro has 25k+ health.
I personally enjoy the tanky play style I am using, but everyone is different, play how you enjoy playing. That’s the biggest thing in Gw2.