How do we end "Focus the Necro"?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

Idm to be focused. But still I hate the lack in active defense.

My other two mains are engineer and mesmer and with them you can run completely offensive stats. While you still won’t die quickly.
On mesmer I currently have port, 2* shield block, 2*blur (3 seconds of evade), distortion 1~4 seconds invul and 2* invis.
Without including port, but with including invis I come to ~20seconds of active defense. I guess currently that in nearly maximum. I could combine it with continuum split to get even more.
On my engineer I also got 2*block, invul, evade and invis. Which should be like 15sec active defense. But I still have a lot of mobility skills and heal

First other classes can be healed while they have their active defense up. While. Necrosis death shroud doesn’t give us the possibility. Second death shroud as a defense against one or two works. But when 5 ppl jump you imoblize/lock you in place the death shroud won’t help us really and I often got ripped out of it in less then 3 seconds. It is a second health bar nothing more. Yes that second healthbar works as protection in small fights, but if we want to use it defensively it also means we should not or only rarely use our shroud offensively.

Therefore yes we can handle it with more defensive stats and many defensive spells, but we give up a lot of offensive potential.

Things I could imagine:

Spectral Armor could be changed to be an block vor invul spell for 3 seconds, while giving us 10~15% lifeforce on negating an attack. After those 3 seconds we could retrieve protection. It would be still similar below, but without " we change HP for lifeforce".

Also RS2 could be at lease a evade and get higher range and maybe should remove chill, criple and imoblize.

Flesh wurm without or with 1/4 sec cast time could also help.

Maybe some sort of new or altered minion skill: meat shield which negates some attacks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Wow omfg lol

such attention wh0rez – those who enjoy getting focused

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in Necromancer

Posted by: jpersson.7368

jpersson.7368

Most said already and, to me, being focused is part of necro gameplay.

A thought though… in gw2 combat your outgoing damage doesn’t scale down with injury.

It’s probably too fundamental to change, I’m not certain it would be a good thing, but I do think that’s part of why we focus enemies. That combined with our defense situation explains why necro:s get focus — if you ask me.

I understand it’s not relevant for gw2, but scaling down outgoing damage quicker than own health could open for interesting game-/teamplay — for example forcing glass cannons to withdraw and heal up, working in coordinated waves. Probably a pain to balance though :-)

Relax… nothing is under control

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMurkMuffin.8213

TheMurkMuffin.8213

Being the center of attention is one of the many reasons I pvp with this class. I’m able to hold an entire point while the entire enemy team is there focusing on me, meanwhile the team I’m partied with is just focusing them down one by one.

There’s something to be said about this class when you can get focused my an entire team and able to last longer than like 3 seconds. lol

Kaliabell – 80 Norn Reaper
-Retired Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

the reason necro is focused is because a necro is a total game changer if you leave him alone for like 10 sec…..

all those boon ripping
all those boon converting
all those conditions and HUGE zerg aoe dmg as reaper once build up on boons
lets not talk abbout all those wells that can totaly troll the whole enemy team while deffing capping a point.

if you leave a necro alone for too long your team loose…

but ALL this needs some build up time so if you zerg down the reaper fast he cant realy do much.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

the reason necro is focused is because a necro is a total game changer if you leave him alone for like 10 sec…..

I won’t argue if its true that we are game changers or not, but its 100% irrelevant to why we get focused. You focus the easy kill, not the most influential player, the only time game impact matters is when choosing between two targets with very similar priority otherwise.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

if you leave a necro alone for too long your team loose…

Insert any profession at all in for “necro” and the same is true. Thief, Ranger, or Mesmer? He picks off people one by one. Guardian or Ele? Your entire team on the point is dead. Engineer or Warrior? Your team on point can’t do anything due to CC lock.

I’m not familiar enough with Revenant’s teamfight abilities, but you get the picture.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

yes its really easy, reroll.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Better idea. Build tanky with Soldier ammy, Spite/Soul Reaping/Reaper, take Blighter’s Boon and full shouts. Play aggressive. Granted, you can’t do that much initially, but once you get some life force… Start playing like a rabid honey badger

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Lobby anet to get Superior Runes of Resistence added to Pvp.

Edit:

All sorts of potentially helpful runes and amulets are being held back from necromancers in Pvp. Let us test them out in live gameplay already!

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

FLESH WURM!?

Put it up on a ledge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

Lobby anet to get Superior Runes of Resistence added to Pvp.

Edit:

All sorts of potentially helpful runes and amulets are being held back from necromancers in Pvp. Let us test them out in live gameplay already!

Would 1 Aegis every 30s really help that much?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Better idea. Build tanky with Soldier ammy, Spite/Soul Reaping/Reaper, take Blighter’s Boon and full shouts. Play aggressive. Granted, you can’t do that much initially, but once you get some life force… Start playing like a rabid honey badger

Did that, took trooper runes and full shouts. Not a single condition stayed on me. It was hilarious when I got loaded up with condis and just used suffer. Combined with the tankiness the amulet gave me, it took forever to kill me on point.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

(edited by TheLastNobody.8319)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Did that, took trooper runes and full shouts. Not a single condition stayed on me. It was hilarious when I got loaded up with condis and just used suffer.

I’m going to be trying this soon as well. Kind of excited.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Did that, took trooper runes and full shouts. Not a single condition stayed on me. It was hilarious when I got loaded up with condis and just used suffer.

One thing I’ll recommend is taking foot in the grave of going power, combined with the 15% cooldown reduction trait you’ll find you’ll be very very hard to lockdown by having a stunbreaker and stab up every 6 seconds, combined with infusing terror.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Blighters boon could have changed to something like

Your attacks will generate more LF for ever boon you have on you, when in shroud you siphon life scaling with the amount on boons you have on you.

The GS trait could also still siphon on all attacks and make all shroud attacks also siphon.

Since you siphon per hit the more people you hit the more you siphon and the more lf you get, this helps with scaling defense. I don’t know why anet has been so scared of attrition thru siphons for our class.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

As you can see in my build (signature), I use Scrapper runes myself, but I just switched to using Axe/Focus in PvE and may try it in PvP now. If that is what I do, I’ll also try Trooper/Soldier Runes. Either way, a Soldier ammy Reaper (regardless of rune set) is an absolute beast

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

As you can see in my build (signature), I use Scrapper runes myself, but I just switched to using Axe/Focus in PvE and may try it in PvP now. If that is what I do, I’ll also try Trooper/Soldier Runes. Either way, a Soldier ammy Reaper (regardless of rune set) is an absolute beast

What I’ve found with Soldier runes is that condis often cripple me more than power pressure, so I try to help mitigate condis with my rune-ing. I need to start exploring though just to try different variations, just to mix things up.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

What I’ve found with Soldier runes is that condis often cripple me more than power pressure, so I try to help mitigate condis with my rune-ing. I need to start exploring though just to try different variations, just to mix things up.

Realistically, in a situation where you need to blow all five shouts to cleanse 6-10 condis, (in a group of 5 on 1, mind) I don’t know how much you’re going to be able to handle beyond that as is. The way I see it, Scrapper runes give you a bit more pressure with the power stat, and you have enough hp and lf that you can survive all but the hardest hitting condi burst just by soaking it up and going after the condi user. And the extra 7% damage mitigation essentially puts you on par with a heavy armor class. So that helps deal with pressure from non-condi players, or players who run carrion ammy.

Alternately, you could run offhand dagger with axe, but………. That’s going to be a lot less useful than focus on a reaper (7 seconds of chill and up to three boons removed, plus vuln and damage burst at 1200 range on one weapon is, theoretically, really nice on Reaper, whereas blindness and weak-ish condi transfer plus weakness is… Blah, I think)

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper