How do you land GS skills?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Q:

I love RS. It’s amazing.

Now GS, Im so-so about.

Landing GS skills is as flaky as ranger GS 2 and ele fire dagger 5.

Spent most of my time in RS and didn’t even bother attacking with GS coz it never lands. AA is ok, slow but ok. The rest of the GS skills are kinda bad tbh. Unless Im doing something wrong….

I’d love to hear how you guys are able to make it for you.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Very carefully. Most of the time Gravedigger is better in a team fight where you aren’t being focused. Or if you know some sort of invulnerability is about to fall off, you can start casting early. It’s certainly not a button to press on cooldown…

3 is a bit wonky and preferably needs a bit more range or something.

4 is pretty normal to land. Just starts off too small. I’d still rather it stay small to start, but actually move with the reaper rather than stay in one place on the ground (Lich King style).

5 is a mess. Don’t ever accidentally cast it with a target behind you. It just goes on full cooldown and missed a lot anyways. This skill drives me nuts…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Are you talking PvE? Because I don’t PvP but in PvE I had no problem landing the skills. The hylek and mordrem were eager to get belly to belly with me. Toss a 5 to blind and hurt ‘em, drop a 4 to expand the pain over the next bit of time, spin to win with a 2, toss in a 3 now and then. Hop into shroud to spin out more wins, drop out again to beat things up with the GS. There’s a Shout that makes your next attack(s) unblockable, fire that off right before a GS 2.

I was handling groups of mobs any one of which could be death for my Daredevil, Berserker, or Tempest.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’m sure he means pvp. PvE is easy to land just about anything. :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

With the third hit of a slow chain giving half the auto-attack’s LF generation, (provided an odd bug is fixed where suddenly the first two hits stop generating LF), 1v1 with an opponent that dodges could leave the Reaper short on life force but then great sword is not that good an option for the situation, anyway. Waiting two long cycles for a couple of chances at 2% LF generation does not feel that rewarding. Most of my LF generation was from elsewhere like shouts, allies, or traits.

Great sword does not get “good” until the Reaper is surrounded by targets and death, then, it’s like it takes off as a killing machine and its sustain suddenly becomes decent.

Without lots of targets and maybe some team help in creating lots of death, Reaper can be very marginal, indeed. It scales up a lot more than dagger.

I would guess great sword and axe / focus will be a common build when around allies while great sword and dagger / something will be used in areas with low target density. If you are running Soul Reaping, too, staff might be an option for its unblockable marks and added LF generation but it felt like it did not have a lot of synergy despite Chillblains, Reaper’s Mark, and the 1200 range. Then, again, staff is a low damage, ranged, utility weapon.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I was landing my gs skills pretty easily…. gs5 and gs 4 let you land gs2 and gs3 as does rs3 and rs5. Warhorn 4 and dagger 3 also help and you can use the new elite shout to land then as well.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Vapour.7348

Thanks fellas. On paper gravedigger looks absolutely OP but applied on combat, it’s laughable how much I miss. I can see how it could commit bloody murder on team fights out of stealth. The 1 time it landed (out of 20+ attempts) did around 7k dmg but missed the 2nd no cd strike.

Im sorry I didn’t mention this was for pvp because it’s all I do so I forget that others do pve and wvw as well.

ronpierce – even just an extra 50 range on GS 3 would make it far more useful while still remaining within melee range. Our GS 5 is as worthless as the ele dagger 5 on earth and fire.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Easy once i get them feared,frozen either with RS #5 or the chill elite i use sigil if inteligence and high ferocity easy doing 10k on gravedigger

in Necromancer

Vapour.7348

I was landing my gs skills pretty easily…. gs5 and gs 4 let you land gs2 and gs3 as does rs3 and rs5. Warhorn 4 and dagger 3 also help and you can use the new elite shout to land then as well.

I hope there will be another BW to try this out. I’d be a happy lil camper if I could land 1 out 3 gravediggers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

There will be at least one more BWE.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Serious question: Have you tried being an Asura?

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

First the Asura thing: Gravedigger on a small caracter is harder to see animation but ppl will learn about that come Expansion aswell.

GS skills are hard to land but atleast this BWE the reward was finally high enough when they did. In PvP to land GS skills on point or fighting more ppl then 1 is not that hard it will land more then I tought pre-BWE. Even good/great players may focus on the guy nex to u and not dodge the Gravdeigger comming in. Since GS is so AoE heavy it hits quite alot. Useing the somewhat buggy Grasping Darkness to setup Gravedigger works really well and also slot a chill-effect Sigil like Hyrdo or Ice on the GS .

In 1v1 situations it really depends on the class, Warriors,Guards, DD-Eles get hit more then missed cause they need to be in there and Mesmers and specially Rangers wont.

I said this before NO Class, NO player is never so good he Evades everything in a Fight.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum