How much dps is the reaper doing?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Im asking myself if reapers could get a usefull place in raids.

Most people say necromancers are doing about 10k dps, while staffele/engi or revenent are doing 19-20k sustain dps. And i know they are right.

My feeling about the reaper was, he does a little bit more dps then necros, but not that much to get a place, or?

Our support ist ok, at it´s best.

-chill (should be easy to get with 10 players, even without a reaper)
-cripple
-boon convertion (can be done by mesmers and revs too)
-condition remove (can be done by alot classes too)
-CC, blinds (easy to get) and weakness
-12seconds of projectile destruction every 30(or 20) seconds thanks to the poison cloud changes. (should be easy to get anyway)

Not bad, but not well too.

So we have to be one of the highest dps classes to get a place in raids. And we aren´t or?
How much more dps is needed in pve to solve this problem?

Btw: i asked about dps, i dont want to see any “play what u want posts”. Im tiered of these ignorant comments nobody needs.

I want and will play a reapoer but i don´t want to be the last choice! I want to help others in my raid as much as i could do with my other classes. Thats my definition of teamplay.

Thanks for anwers and have a nice day.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

I’m a complete PvE scrub so correct me if I’m wrong but:

Wasn’t Reaper Shroud 1 spamming with all the traits (dhuum, unyielding, etc) when a boss was > 50% health and Gravedigger spamming when he was < 50% health like one of the highest DPS’s in the game?!

(I think I read this somewhere, so I’m not sure)

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

I don´t think that cranking up our damage would change much about our (currently non-existent) position in optimized group compositions. I mean, look at Mesmers/Chronos. Their dps is even worse than ours, but they pretty much already have their spot in the new meta secured because of their utility and support capabilities (portal-, quickness-, alacrity-bots).

More dps wont really help us, unless it is an absolutely insane damage boost that would put us above and beyond of what all relevant classes are capable of now. That is not going to happen of course, because it would probably break Necro in other areas of the game (sPvP, WvW, Solo PvE).

But, since we don´t really know yet how raids will be like, I think it´s to early for a definitive verdict. Who knows, depending on how “challenging” raids actually are, maybe our natural sustain will warrant us a spot in organized parties (probably not, but one can always dream =P).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Onerios.4962

Onerios.4962

Reaper dps is a touch above current necro dps, but it’s still quite a way off from the top specs for current content. Additionally it provides minimal to no group utility regardless of the variant used, and the utility provided can be met by other classes with higher dps.

However, there is a distinct possibility that it won’t matter that much when it comes to raids. It’s easy to take tools that enhance our survival with necro without compromising our damage output, but for other classes that is not the case and they have to trade dps to get buffer ehp, so if the ehp/sustain floor for some raid encounters is set sufficiently high their dps will be pulled down to our level. We don’t have enough information yet to be certain, although a-net is making the right sort of noises so I’m hopeful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

You can also add 12seconds of projectile destruction every 30(or 20) seconds to that list thanks to the poison cloud changes.
But i think it will all come down to how useful our sustain is. If we can keep doing damage while others can not, or if certain fights needs someone to take a lot of punishment the necro is a good pick.

Also if the short and static PvE fights where everyone can pretty much just stand still and do their rotations are a thing of the past, theoretical dps against against dummies doesn’t become very useful since they won’t reflect what will happen in a real scenario and necros ability to put out a decent amount of reliable damage becomes more valuable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

By rough coefficient per second calculations (including trait modifiers) lich form is very slightly higher than staff ele using only lava font and fireball. Then gravedigger spam is way above lava font + fireball. Dont know what the above 50% greatsword rotation would be yet so cant really do an estimation for that. And obviously i didnt add in meteor shower because i have no idea how much repeatable coeff per second that would add over its 20 second repeatable rotation. Too many variables for that one and im lazy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MUDse.7623

MUDse.7623

if there is the need for a tank to distract or to take some unevadable dmg while others do dmg then i think reaper might be a high dmg option for this role, even better if we get a new stat combo with cavalier stats but power as main attribute. because reaper dont need precision with that new trait decimate defenses.

else they need to change reaper in pve only.

@Petrol it is only 8s projectile absorb with poison cloud but still reflect > absorb so either there r not many projectiles then its not worth running reaper for it or if u got alot projectiles a class with more reflects mesmer/guard is better.

10k hours n still a noob

in Necromancer

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

I don´t think that cranking up our damage would change much about our (currently non-existent) position in optimized group compositions. I mean, look at Mesmers/Chronos. Their dps is even worse than ours, but they pretty much already have their spot in the new meta secured because of their utility and support capabilities (portal-, quickness-, alacrity-bots).

We wont get a huhe change to our support and utility.

Cause it needs alot of skillrework. And we don´t need it for pvp oder wvw.

But numbers can be changed easy, and most important for pve only.
Because it would not affect playstyles, only some numbers.

That´s the reason why i hope that we can do enough dmg, or get a buff if not. Cause we will not get the support/utility overhaul for pve some people wish.
We have to deal with it.

Yes, if thief/ele and so on will not be able to run full zerk anymore, but necros are. We could get a place.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

@Petrol it is only 8s projectile absorb with poison cloud but still reflect > absorb so either there r not many projectiles then its not worth running reaper for it or if u got alot projectiles a class with more reflects mesmer/guard is better.

Well ofcourse they are better, but it’s still useful tool the Reaper brings to the table among other things.
If projectiles are an issue it’s still something worth using between reflect cooldowns, just because it’s not the best doesn’t mean it isn’t good.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

Given how easy it is to trait for added DPS and bonuses against weakened enemies while popping them with conditions, I sort of thought the Necro’s place in raid would be to clear out trash mobs, and weaken and delay more dangerous enemies with condis until its buddies DPS it down a bit, then lunge in for the kill.

Reaper seems to thrive on having a lot of things to kill, after all, and once you’re left with then nastiest ones, you can focus on inflicting chill to lower its damage output with the auto attack on GS before its HP drops low and you drill it for massive damage.

That’s just how I plan to play it, though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Not enough.

You are still below Ele, which means that as a glass cannon offering nothing to the raid but damage, you aren’t wanted.

fully buffed, you are doing about PS warrior level damage (OFC the PS warrior is nerfing himself to provide support for the team).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.