How's reaper in WvW?

How's reaper in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: nakedziggy.3187

nakedziggy.3187

Has anyone tried WvW and roaming? Saw some guy bragging about how fun it was on the mesmer forums and was wondering what you guys thought.

How's reaper in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Imo Reaper is fun in WvW, but donĀ“t take a Greatsword because that sucks. I really enjoyed the enhanced mobility and stability in shroud. In large scale fights wells will be they way to go like it has been since release but in smaller fights some of the shouts are an option i think. I tried celestial gear and a mix of knights and valkyrie, i liked celestial more but maybe that is because i run cele also on live. I felt not as tanky in reapers shroud as i general feel but the mobility and stability you gain makes it up imo. You give up something and gain something else instead, wish it would be the same on any class

/wave mesmers

How's reaper in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

I played condi reaper in WvW solo roaming. Its decent! Have its strong and weak points. I still prefer the regular necro. xD

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

How's reaper in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

There is a WvW reaper thread on the same page, so I think these threads replica should be avoided. Anyway, GS is great in a zerg. The LF generation is actually very good in those cases. I still think it needs more damage and a bit shorter after casts, but it is great.

How's reaper in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I played condi reaper in WvW solo roaming. Its decent! Have its strong and weak points. I still prefer the regular necro. xD

Me too, but I can’t deny how tanky Reaper/Soul Reaping/Spite felt even without being able to make use of Chilling Nova because it was nerfed into oblivion.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

How's reaper in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Has anyone tried WvW and roaming? Saw some guy bragging about how fun it was on the mesmer forums and was wondering what you guys thought.

had a great time with it reset night. it can frontline really well if you know the rotations.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

How's reaper in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

It is alright, but the current iteration of Necro is better. Reaper is good as a skirmisher, but as a frontliner it needs some more active defenses.

Blighter’s Boon makes the spec due to great LF generation you get from it. GS is……just not very good atm. Dagger/WH is a better melee setup right now. RS is very nice as is, but wish the leap could be targeted a bit better. RS5 hits like a truck when it hits. RS4 is very good.

How's reaper in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

WvW Guild raids and Solo Roaming basicly 100% og ingame time and Reaper in Power build is far superior to current Necro. Dont know Condi Reaper since I dont go Condi anymore.

In Raids the Reaper frontline or as we use them basicly just behind or following our Melee works very good, and u can still use Wells and after GT was made default the Reaper wont suffer from trait-loss. Another Trait that really works superbly in this is Transfusion even with Zerk/Soldier gear it still heals over 5k and u help Melee alot since they now get the Heal (u are close enough).

Solo Reaper is very good but ofc in current state of game u need a Condi cleanse, RS far better then current DS and only issue is Life Force drains much faster in RS, idk why its just is that way… maybe cause we get hit more ?

GS in solo is ok, in Raids it cant compete with Staff so something just need to happen to it. I like GS and the skills just NOT the cast times….

I only really use 1 shout, the Elite CttB, imho work wonders in both Solo,Small-scae and large Raids. Weaklings shout + B-Boon can also be good to re-gain LF fast, use it right and its 20% LF every single time so…

RS awesome
GS needs work
Shouts start over Anet

Rave

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum