How's the scourge op???

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I saw numerous people today in game scourge is op and I have to ask how can anyone possibly say that?

Sand shades replace shroud giving us about 18k less health in a way.

All the shroud f skills actually do a lot less overall damage then the reaper skills. Which while in shroud we protected our health and could even heal health.

We only have 4 f skills not 5 like when we are in shroud.

Barriers…..they would actually I think work out ok only if they left the cap, and let them only degenerate out of combat.

Our main hand weapon for this class is a dagger which isn’t as great going condition for any real damage.

In short as much fun as I truly find this class to play I personally feel it actually needs some overall buffs.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mac.7249

Mac.7249

overpowered it is not, in the right hands its deadly- but can be countered. depends on the player

alright, covering a few things.

1) survivability; indeed we have less health. but, more condition cleanse on demand. and a barrier to cushion large blows(not negate them). perfect defense? not by a long shot(possible slower decay). it needs tweaking to work in proportion with other class burst ability, and the like. (looking at you deadeye)

2) damage; you should be looking at scourge from a hybrid point of view. they don’t have exceptional condition application outside of WvW/spvp with boon corruption. however, with dumbfire not being quite as dumb as it is on vanilla necro, or limited to melee like reaper. it does even out and do quite well in short bursts in combination with dagger spam, or even staff pressure for AoE/scepter for single target long range. (example; scoring top 5 in damage in WvW on a tower/keep lord in full celestial) you could slap on vipers and do very very well in pve. . . of course they didnt let us test in PvE this time, maybe next weekend? – side note; all shroud abilities do damage per pulse, so it does more damage overall considering you can continue to use your main weapons and utilities right next to them.

on to…

3) buffs; the only thing they could probably get away with is longer duration torment. Maybe i remember incorrectly. but, i don’t remember them buffing torment on torch(3s on #4, and 6s on #5[5 being a knockdown so longer to get benefit from movement ticks logic fits) or sand shade’s (2s per pulse[even desert shroud]) since it seems bleeding is not contender on scourge – longer torment durations are important. and the longer decay on barrier as mentioned in “1)”

tip for those struggling in wvw/spvp environment – free for all arena in spvp will help you alot on surviving multiple enemies, and damage rotations. give it a shot. in the scourge case, a good offense is definitely the best defense.

good luck!

TC Necromonger

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

As usually crying is strong in here, i’ts because nobody know how to fight against it. This will be soon forgotten after the release.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaladel.1670

Kaladel.1670

Necros are usually bad, so when they are middleground people cry that they are OP… That’s one of the reasons we can’t have nice things.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Anyone who hates skill spamming and conditions will hate scourge.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: dceptaconroy.7928

dceptaconroy.7928

Necros are usually bad, so when they are middleground people cry that they are OP… That’s one of the reasons we can’t have nice things.

.Bingo.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Its because with a proper condi build scourges meld people in spvp. Yeah the defense is lackluster for scourges but who need defense when you can meld your opponents with overwhelming condi burst.

I am certain we will some dmg nerfs (atleast for pvp). I just hope we get some changes to barriers. Maybe its just that i am not used to them but i think ether the timer should start later or the decay should be slower.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nephalen.6590

Nephalen.6590

Its because with a proper condi build scourges meld people in spvp. Yeah the defense is lackluster for scourges but who need defense when you can meld your opponents with overwhelming condi burst.

I am certain we will some dmg nerfs (atleast for pvp). I just hope we get some changes to barriers. Maybe its just that i am not used to them but i think ether the timer should start later or the decay should be slower.

Totally agree. I only test a while about scourge but I encountered many in PVP this weekend. I think it is by far the most powerful condi class in the game. None other class can stack as much condi in terms of stacks, types and speed. I once got one shot by her condi along (there is also another melee but I didn’t notice his class). I had protection on me so either her direct damage is so high that one shot me, which is unlikely, or the stack of condi is so high. This is really strange since I cannot figure out how she did it. The shroud skill isn’t suppose to stack but I kind of felt like it did.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: All Matters Fecal.9560

All Matters Fecal.9560

Does anyone find it odd that the only thread saying that scourges aren’t OP is on the necro sub-forum?

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

It was the same with Reaper, sadly. People cried its OP and it got nerfed and became subpar. Same will happen with scourge and it probably will heavily affect PvE as well. Deja Vu, world is spinning round and round… /sigh

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

It was the same with Reaper, sadly. People cried its OP and it got nerfed and became subpar. Same will happen with scourge and it probably will heavily affect PvE as well. Deja Vu, world is spinning round and round… /sigh

We will see i just hope they adjust barriers.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hidden Dragon.7523

Hidden Dragon.7523

To be fair, I barely play Necro. But when I jumped on Scourge yesterday spammed a few skills, people just died in a matter of seconds. I do believe it needs nerf, if a non-skilled necro player can kill that easily.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

I would rather lower their condi dmg and strengthen barriers. And y scourage dmg do seem little too much, but lowering to much without compensating elsewhere (barriers) would make it meh. Also for me new utility skills have too long casting time, why portal not instant cast?

all is vain

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Reaper’s Deathly Chill AoE condi bombs are stronger at least in WvW. Scourge abilities are too easily interrupted and the line doesn’t fix the strafing problem. In duels, it simply could not handle stun lock making most warriors, chronos and int thieves a real problem.

That said if you are going up against without very solid condi purges, you are gonna have a bad day. It is also so far the specialization that feels strongest in PoF.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

To be fair, I barely play Necro. But when I jumped on Scourge yesterday spammed a few skills, people just died in a matter of seconds. I do believe it needs nerf, if a non-skilled necro player can kill that easily.

Maybe, but big part of this is people are used to jump necros and destroying them. Now they need to think twice and be more careful. On other hand I fought few clever good players who were destroying me from range. Scourge is kitten vulnerable if there are no obstacles to hide behind.
As Straegen mentioned above, CC is once more our biggest enemy, even more then Reaper!
Now Scourge is taunting you “come closes babe, come and see what happens” And you can’t ressist and hug the Death"

(edited by mazut.4296)

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Scourge is the strongest Necro has ever been since the original Dhuumfire times.

The kit is basically complete, as Scourge brings it’s own mad condition conversion on low CD (even better than removal), solid Barriers that can easily sustain you in attrition fight, better kiting potential with the new sandwalk+sand swell, amazing access to both melee and ranged fear, unbeatable on-point pressure with Shades you can’t kill, vastly increased Torment damage with traits.

On top of that, Dhuumfire is currently bugged with Desert Shroud (F5) and Path of Corruption is totally bonkers, since it can be activated to hit 5 people + 5 people per shade for 2 corrupts each…every 4 seconds.

Path of Corruption needs some cooldown per target specific to the Scourge (8-10s) and Dhuumfire bugs should be fixed. After that Scourge will still be strong, but maybe not as insane.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

No joke. Go to PvP and see for yourself. Scourge is ridiculously OP. There is no getting away from it. Stuff your sustain and kiting from range.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Anyone who hates skill spamming and conditions will hate scourge.

This is what makes the difference. This class makes dumb player feel good. That’s why the love.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

But a thiefs condi bomb with infinite evades are fine am i right ?
mesmer Burst bomb with all those Invis spam is also fine huh ?
Warriors being freaking unkillable Juggernauts while still can take down majority of your HP in seconds is also fine ?

you necro haters disgust me…..

Sure nerf scourge dmg… but then when we gonna get 2x immune 5000 blocks and mobility that sends us through half the kitten zone so we can escape and some invis ?

like you know… those stuff that every other god kitten kittening class have……

Stop whining Necro is finaly good in 1 freaking thing without being babysitted by a team and can hold his own……

if they nerf the dmg too much without compensating it will be trash tier again without teammate help…

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaladel.1670

Kaladel.1670

People will learn to stay out of the shades area, use their superior mobility and/or kill us from afar. We’ll stop being OP in PvP the minute they learn how to manage the spec’.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

People will learn to stay out of the shades area, use their superior mobility and/or kill us from afar. We’ll stop being OP in PvP the minute they learn how to manage the spec’.

Hahaha, thats what we used to say about Dragonhunter traps.

Spoiler: people don’t learn. They’ll try to face tank it, die, and whine on the forums.

Scourge is definitely the new DH, a low level pub stomper that doesn’t see the light of day in competitive play but winds up getting nerfed anyways from the sheer amount of complaining.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

Hahaha, thats what we used to say about Dragonhunter traps.

Spoiler: people don’t learn. They’ll try to face tank it, die, and whine on the forums.

Scourge is definitely the new DH, a low level pub stomper that doesn’t see the light of day in competitive play but winds up getting nerfed anyways from the sheer amount of complaining.

you can see the shades…. they are not invisible like the traps
they also are not automatic free dmg like the Traps..you need to USE the shades abilities WHEN the enemy is in them….

in other words its not even close to the DH traps…

also shades dont have an AOE Lock down that will keep you inside till you die like some of the DH abilities lol

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tiresias.6473

Tiresias.6473

NEWS FLASH: If you stand next to a Necro and their Sand Shades while they are in Sand Shroud, you’re going to get stacked up with conditions. You better either have Resistance or get away from them for the duration.

The only reason Scourge seems powerful is because people don’t understand what they are doing right now. It’s not as obvious as swinging a sword or turning into some shadowy raven creature with a big scythe.

The burst condition output is actually worse than a condi Reaper running Shouts, who could quickly stack up Bleed on you while covering it with spammed Chill, Vulnerability, Burning, and Blind on top of having about 28k health and a 23k Shroud bar that builds up REALLY quickly. You couldn’t easily step into melee range with something like that either, but they aren’t exactly regarded as the kings of PvP because they, like Shroud, are easy to shut down.

Here’s a hint: the same tactics that worked against Condi Reaper work against Scourge.

Main character: Winter Harvest (Necromancer)
[BICE] Black Ice / Maguuma Server

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

NEWS FLASH: If you stand next to a Necro and their Sand Shades while they are in Sand Shroud, you’re going to get stacked up with conditions. You better either have Resistance or get away from them for the duration.

The only reason Scourge seems powerful is because people don’t understand what they are doing right now. It’s not as obvious as swinging a sword or turning into some shadowy raven creature with a big scythe.

The burst condition output is actually worse than a condi Reaper running Shouts, who could quickly stack up Bleed on you while covering it with spammed Chill, Vulnerability, Burning, and Blind on top of having about 28k health and a 23k Shroud bar that builds up REALLY quickly. You couldn’t easily step into melee range with something like that either, but they aren’t exactly regarded as the kings of PvP because they, like Shroud, are easy to shut down.

Here’s a hint: the same tactics that worked against Condi Reaper work against Scourge.

This sums up the entire PvP situation. People dont stand in a full zerk 100 blades, people dont stand in tempest overloads, people dont ignore thiefs on their backside. But people ignore standing inside shades.

I actually think the damage is intended, as its really not as bursty as a burn guard for example. Sure scourge plays a lot different because of that battlefield controll theme, but if you dont react to what is happening around you, and where you position yourself, you get damage. If that person invests into damage you die quickly. As simple as that.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

All the shroud f skills actually do a lot less overall damage then the reaper skills.

This is false. Right now, shroud F skills easily outdamage reaper by a significant margin if both reaper and scourge trait dhuumfire.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

I am so glad i don’t pvp with necro anymore.I get sick of being free kill and being babysat 24/7 because babies can’t stand to fight strong enemies who can fight back.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rong.5470

Rong.5470

I am so glad i don’t pvp with necro anymore.I get sick of being free kill and being babysat 24/7 because babies can’t stand to fight strong enemies who can fight back.

I’d say it is really strong when used properly :o I’ve got top stats every match as Scourge

Attachments:

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

I’d say it is really strong when used properly :o I’ve got top stats every match as Scourge

2 games are not indication. in the demo it is like quickplay. ppl testing stuff out. You should see how you fare when you duel your friend over a point. try fighting DH friend on point or play against good ppl and not random. When you do that you will see that any range(as in deadeye, ranger, holosmith, longbow DH) would have easy time with you. Also heavy CC hitters such as spellbreakers would also have easy time with you it all depends on the level of skill they got. You should think about that ppl eventually understand your class and will counter you easily, so before screaming “what this class is OP this class neeed nerf” yabba yabba you should see if other players even try to counter you.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

The scourge is OP because most GW2 players are too stupid to think “maybe I shouldn’t try to melee the guy whos primary class mechanic is pulsing area denial”

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tick.1605

Tick.1605

some scourge gameplay for you all from a bunker scourge pov

Lil Ticklers Necro PvP Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBoe48h7tEhzal3sPEepIIg

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

The scourge is OP because most GW2 players are too stupid to think “maybe I shouldn’t try to melee the guy whos primary class mechanic is pulsing area denial”

Thank you. You should make that your signature. Serious L2P issues in this forum in general.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kalocin.5982

Kalocin.5982

A lot of people don’t even know what they’re doing with a lot of the new elites. I won a few times spamming holosmith skills or messing around on mirage. It’s too soon to call out for nerfs, probably a month after launch when people have gotten used to them should they be heavily evaluated. My first thought about Scourge is that their defense is their offense (ie. Area control), but also leaves them vulnerable to mobility due to how stationary the spec feels.

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

Thank you. You should make that your signature. Serious L2P issues in this forum in general.

I tried… you cant… Signature creation here is trash its too limited….

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

How's the scourge op???

in Necromancer

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

It is hard to tell considering that everything is new, but one of the things that stood out is that scourge can dish even more conditions than Reaper when it was at its worst and got nerfed.