How to build a Necroman... wait a second...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Do something ANet? its only been 2 months since launch 5 months since beta testing.

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

ohh i get it! it’s like minesweeper!

i think i lost

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hufflepuffer.4201

Hufflepuffer.4201

Lol that’s a really helpful pic. Personally I would have X’d out the entire Death Magic line =P

When you say that Target the Weak (25 pts Curses) has no effect, do you mean with conditions only? Because I find that disregarding the +condition damage, Curses is very strong for a power necro to invest in — at least compared with the alternatives. It seems to have the least bugged / most worthwhile minor and major traits as opposed to stuff like… Reanimator. Or Gluttony

Also why is Weakening Shroud bugged? It seems to work fine for me, unless it’s not doing as much as damage as it should be doing?

(edited by Hufflepuffer.4201)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vadren.9045

Vadren.9045

Heh. The funny part is our strongest build, conditions, has absolutely no synergy with any trait line outside of curses.

So even ignoring the bad/more broken builds, our best build has garbage gear available (precision, power, crit damage, and healing are all sub par secondary stats for a condition necro and there is no cond/toughness/vit), and 4/5 trait lines have a plethora of useless or broken traits, and useless/broken passives.

But sup it’s my favorite class anyway, and once everything is fixed… Necro OP ’13.

in Necromancer

Posted by: kinderghast.8501

kinderghast.8501

Heh. The funny part is our strongest build, conditions, has absolutely no synergy with any trait line outside of curses.

This is what irks me the most, out of everything. And by “irks” i mean infuriates and saddens me.

I could deal with bugged skills – they just need a fix.

But the fact that NONE of our various trait lines synergise or support each other.

Look at ANY other class, and there is logical ways to support your main trait choice, backed up by minor traits that actually FEEL useful

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nuhj.8372

Nuhj.8372

Now all we need is that screenshot worked into a dartboard!

in Necromancer

Posted by: merch.1026

merch.1026

When you say that Target the Weak (25 pts Curses) has no effect, do you mean with conditions only? Because I find that disregarding the +condition damage, Curses is very strong for a power necro to invest in — at least compared with the alternatives. It seems to have the least bugged / most worthwhile minor and major traits as opposed to stuff like… Reanimator. Or Gluttony

Also why is Weakening Shroud bugged? It seems to work fine for me, unless it’s not doing as much as damage as it should be doing?

I agree with these statements curses 25 seems to give 2% direct damage increase per unique condition type. 11 conditions in the game so max of 22% increase.

Whats wrong with weakening shroud?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Cool pic. Unfortunately, lot of BS here:
- Spite X is no longer bugged
- Curses III and IV were never bugged? Unless you mean III + Plague and the internal cooldown on IV which are reasonable (but should be made clear)
- DM II is no longer bugged
- BM had some fixes, honestly the differences between some of the traits still confuse me so IDK
- SR III is no longer bugged, SR X was never bugged.

So… yeah. Stop presenting false info. And I just posted the ones I knew where wrong, for instance idk if Curses X or DM III is bugged or not.
(for reference: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Necromancer_traits)

edit: oh right, Curses IV gives one less stack of bleeding than it should.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

Yeah, I think a few of these might be fixed now, but there is no denying that trait synergy for the necro is abysmal. I would actually remove most if not all of my minor traits completely in favor of just having one or two more solid choices in the way of major traits.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CaptainBeard.1423

CaptainBeard.1423

No mention of Jagged (not so) Horrors?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Radiodread.8469

Radiodread.8469

You forgot the entirety of Death magic passives. All of them are worthless for anything but minion builds… which nobody uses because minions are so clunky.

Radiodread, Guardian [Os] NSP
AKA: Darkshines, Schroedingers Mesmer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nuhj.8372

Nuhj.8372

Cool pic. Unfortunately, lot of BS here

I think you kind of miss the point of this picture. Even so, most of the traits you listed are still bugged according to the compilation thread in this very same forum. Then again i gave up on testing builds a while ago. shrug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Onedoesnotsimply.5740

Onedoesnotsimply.5740

Bm is bugged. As soon as your 15points in and get vampiric it heals your enemies.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

I’m pretty sure that first minor trait in Spite, Parasitic Bond or whatever, works fine. I was in WvW the other day at half HP, stomped someone, went up to full HP.

I’ve set aside some time today to run through the bug list and see what still does/doesn’t work, will post there later tonight.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

in Necromancer

Posted by: Schnitter.9857

Schnitter.9857

Cool pic. Unfortunately, lot of BS here:
- Spite X is no longer bugged
- Curses III and IV were never bugged? Unless you mean III + Plague and the internal cooldown on IV which are reasonable (but should be made clear)
- DM II is no longer bugged
- BM had some fixes, honestly the differences between some of the traits still confuse me so IDK
- SR III is no longer bugged, SR X was never bugged.

So… yeah. Stop presenting false info. And I just posted the ones I knew where wrong, for instance idk if Curses X or DM III is bugged or not.
(for reference: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Necromancer_traits)

edit: oh right, Curses IV gives one less stack of bleeding than it should.

Yeah, some infos dont proceed, but:
- SR III is not totally bugged, but Dark Path bugs with the DS cd reduction. Sometimes, you u use it, the skill will enter in cooldown, passing some few seconds, them reset and go to the previous cooldown (12 sec)
- About BM, i believe the vampiric traits doesnt work as intended. But, since i dont tested it so deeply, i wont do any statement
- Curses IV is bugged. Doesnt stack the intended bleeding. Stack only 1 instead of 2

@Merch
^ Explained.

(edited by Schnitter.9857)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

I would argue that gaining might when hit and under 25% health is next to useless. At 25% health you want some form of survivability, or escape. Maybe, I dont know, gain 50% life force at 25% health? Call it The Undying or something. The last thing I want is to hit harder for my last two hits before I die

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

Love it OP, but need more Xs on death magic tree.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

@Levian
It’s only a single stack of might, too…which is like what, 1% increased outgoing damage? :P I like the trait on paper – gaining just enough of an edge to win in a close fight – but I don’t think a single stack of might is going to do it…

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar