How to equip?

How to equip?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Q:

So my guild chat is in a heated debate how to equip necromancers.

Some say Berserker. Othes say conditions. I’m a noob, but I plan on making a necromancer as a minion master.

What is the general consensus on which set is best for Necromancer? (Also, are minions affected by armor stats?)

Thanks!

How to equip?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

I’d say Soldier, Berserker and Rabid are very popular sets for the necromancer.

You should watch some gameplay videos on minion master first before going head first and deciding ’that’s what I want’ because it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

How to equip?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oscar.4628

Oscar.4628

I really like to play as a minion master on necromancer but necromancer also have some cool resistance and life steal skills too. ^^

But If you don’t understand necromancer that much I’d recommend to start as a minion master and then test other builds.

How to equip?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

You should watch some gameplay videos on minion master first before going head first and deciding ’that’s what I want’ because it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

What is used in dungeons?

How to equip?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

What is used in dungeons?

Powermancer, Conditionmancers, and Hybrids. I would advocate strongly against Minion Masters because of horrible AI and generally being outclassed by other necro builds.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

How to equip?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morvian.3270

Morvian.3270

The AI isn’t as bad anymore, but the minions have disappointed appearances and the active skills don’t justify losing your utilities.

I suggest hybrid style builds. I really think that the damage with added pressure from conditions is a much more effective build for the Necro. It also opens up a lot more possibilities with weapon and skill combinations.

Going pure conditions essentially makes DS useless, meaning you’re left with no real class mechanic. Having enough power to Lifeblast things to death after you stack a few conditions on them is great.

I’m currently running a 30/25/0/0/15 build that is a ton of fun. I swap my utilities out to suit whatever the situation is.