How to kill a warrior as condi necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

Is it even possible against a warrior who has played spvp for more than, lets say, an hour? This is the build I run

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vQAQNBLhZakjmebLvxoG2bTIQP2FcBEjUcMBDlC4hdA
with precision/toughness/condition damage gear.

Everytime I fight a warrior I see “immune” “immune” “immune” “0” “0” while they outpressure me hard and I’m not able to do anything about it besides my two dodges. You cannot CC them while they can stunlock you and do tons of dmg even with their BOW (!). So what exactly do you do against them? I’ve played necro now for 700 spvp games and I can handle almost every class except warriors.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Is it even possible against a warrior who has played spvp for more than, lets say, an hour? This is the build I run

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vQAQNBLhZakjmebLvxoG2bTIQP2FcBEjUcMBDlC4hdA
with precision/toughness/condition damage gear.

Everytime I fight a warrior I see “immune” “immune” “immune” “0” “0” while they outpressure me hard and I’m not able to do anything about it besides my two dodges. You cannot CC them while they can stunlock you and do tons of dmg even with their BOW (!). So what exactly do you do against them? I’ve played necro now for 700 spvp games and I can handle almost every class except warriors.

I have a few recorded fights vs warriors both condi and power but they are in wvw (OS)

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Use a stun break instead of Spectral Wall and you’re good to go.

A little off topic: I think you should pick different traits in Soul Reaping. Spectral Mastery for a single skill? Also, I’m not a fan of Soul Marks. I’d probably take Path of Midnight and either Vital Persistance or Master of Terror.

in Necromancer

cursE.1794

I agree with spectral mastery, I still have that because I used to take spectral walk as well as spectral wall. Soul marks is one of the best traits for a necro in my opinion, it creates a very nice amount of life force during a fight. Spectral wall is a very strong skill in spvp, especially against thieves. I will try to use spectral walk again as a stunbreaker but I dont think this will solve the problem since I dont see how I’m supposed to win against a class that does way more damage than me and is almost immune to CC.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

I agree with spectral mastery, I still have that because I used to take spectral walk as well as spectral wall. Soul marks is one of the best traits for a necro in my opinion, it creates a very nice amount of life force during a fight. Spectral wall is a very strong skill in spvp, especially against thieves. I will try to use spectral walk again as a stunbreaker but I dont think this will solve the problem since I dont see how I’m supposed to win against a class that does way more damage than me and is almost immune to CC.

I like my setup of Spectral wall/locust signet/spectral armor. Spectral walk doesnt give prot. I’ve been liking 20 30 0 0 20 setup. For a burst build you really want the fear duration. And in curses I like spectral abilities give life force. Sure soul marks is a great trait but you need some bursts somehow especially without minions/power build.

His stance is immune for like 6-8 seconds of condis. You have to wait this out and not use ANY condi cooldowns. You must be patient and wait it out. Your only goal is surviving until it wears off. Then you do your condi burst combo and make sure to get the fear burst.

So staying alive is a combo of kiting, chills, cripples, death shroud whatever you can do to outwait his stance.

I agree Ham/bow builds are extremely powerful. Their main burst is ONLY going to come after longbow 5. Otherwise hammer is extremely difficult to land. If you can dodge longbow 5. Continue kiting and waiting out the stance otherwise jsut throw some condis to bait out the stance. Do not use big cooldowns until the stance is used. Otherwise if he doesn’t have the stance just continue down the condi train and fear bomb.

I would not use flesh golem in spvp now. Minion AI is complete trash atm. Plus plague is a defensive mechanic. I would use it especially if you get hit by longbow 5 and the hammer train is coming. It is no cast, stability, and blind fields. Very defensive.

-Rank 51 Marauder with 3.2k spvp games as necromancer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Run around kite them until beserkers stance is up. then begin transferring conditions they put on u bak onto them with deathly swarm, putrid mark and plague signet if you use it. Cripple, chill, signet of spite should keep them at bay for u to kite. Almost every warrior has 1-2 stability moves so corrupt one of those. important thing is to save your skills for the right moment. Blowing cooldowns on beserker stance or fear wen he has stability is a sure way to lose. otherwise once you get used to it wars are not that difficult imo.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Berullos, I agree with the overall concept you described, but:
1. Signet of the Locust is absolute garbage in combat, it’s a wasted utility slot especially against warriors.
2. Since this thread is about 1v1s against warriors: Golem>Plague. It doesn’t matter what build you have, Flesh Golem beats any other elite in duels, period.

@cursE: You could consider using Lyssa runes for some extra stability and cleanse. This syncs up rather nicely with most warrior’s rotation of Pin Down+Combustive Shot into hammer stuns.
You could also pick up Well of Power and just sit in his long bow attacks, this will give you aegis with every burning+well pulse, swiftness and vigor from Pin Down, plus you can blast combo blindness with Putrid if he switches to hammer.
Other than that I think the odds are allready stacked in your favor because you’re using a warhorn. Save up Wail of Doom and Golem Charge for his Berserker stance, should you still be caught in their perma stun chain then soak up all damage in Shroud with Spectral Armor. Once that is over your golem and locust swarm will stack some really long cripple, that and the occasional chilled should make kiting rather easy.

in Necromancer

cursE.1794

Thanks for your suggestions. I think I will go with a stunbreaker, lyssa runes and the patience → kiting concept.