How to kill zerker hambow in spvp?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Recently rolled a condi necro, having lots of fun in spvp with it and only couple wins from champion phantom. (dem clutch fear stomps/resses). but there is one thing i have a real problem with, and thats hambow warrs. im not used to hambows being much a problem as i main thief and most will just keep trying to hit you even as they stand in you rblind field. but on my necro they just eat me alive! i cant kite them with zerker stance, and most of them will pop stability at the same time so i cant corrupt it. sure, you can say jst kite them around, but thats really hard to do when none of your chills, fears, cripples, et work against them. in addition, you only have 2 dodges, and earthshaker is back up way before you get another, let alone a dodge for pindown, arcing arrow, staggering blow, etc. in the time it takes for zerker stance to wear off i usually find myself on the ground, looking at them wondering what i couold have done to maybe even tickle them. so is it just l2p, or are there some tricks of the trade regarding hambows you could teach me?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seiishizo.7162

Seiishizo.7162

wait untill nerf of 9 sept

Owner and creator of http://www.gw2score.com
Btw: It’s Sey-Shi-zo ^.^

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Yeah the zero skill “I hit all stance button” warrior tactic is anoying, at least he cant do it only once a minute.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Plague form should help

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

warrior is in a pretty decent spot, because it totaly hardcounters the best condition class, as a class designed to weak against them.

#hambot#axebot#greatsordbot

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: djooceboxblast.9876

djooceboxblast.9876

http://www.twitch.tv/djooce/c/3614219

I know it is not on a condi build. But my tip would be to use your stun breaks and dodges wisely and get an energy sigil on both weapon sets. Learn what to eat and what not to eat and do not waste any big hitting combos while he is in zerker. As soon as zerker runs out you are good to go.

And do not fight on a point even though it is yours. Let the warrior decap/cap it and kite away. Your chances of winning are significantly bigger from range and you will be more useful to your team alive.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

i cant kite them with zerker stance, and most of them will pop stability at the same time so i cant corrupt it.

You could still strip stability without turning it into fear and then use different stuns while they are in berserker stance (golem charge, warhorn, spectral grasp).

so is it just l2p, or are there some tricks of the trade regarding hambows you could teach me?

It’s less of an l2p issue than it is about having the right skills to deal with them. Like I said above, golem or warhorn helps a lot but if you don’t have them or can’t get rid of their stability in time you’ll have to kite (which is hard or impossible sometimes) or activate Spectral Armor and sit in Death Shroud until their stance runs out.

And do not fight on a point even though it is yours. Let the warrior decap/cap it and kite away.

Again, depends on your build and available skills. I always fight warriors on point, but I don’t run a standard condi build.
Well of Power is very good against a warrior’s bow. You can basically sit in their combustive shot because you repeatedly get aegis from burning. Combine that with enough boon strips and maybe Spectral Armor and there’s no reason to leave a point.
But most condi necros run with Wurm and Spec Walk these days, so obviously that setup is less designed to tank stuff.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I only duel my guildie so he may not be the best war out there. zerker stance I just kite. I try to strip stability, might with corrupt boon, path of corruption. I find might worth striping too. Also I try to keep poison with scepter to minimize the healing signet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ovid.7135

Ovid.7135

^Djooce is great, listen to Djooce.

A useful thing to remember is your condition transfer. His burning from longbow, immoblize from pin down etc. can all be transferred by dagger 4 and staff 4.

His cleansing ire only cleanses 3 conditions at a time, so it is very important to apply a wide range of conditions regularly. Don’t focus on just stacking bleeds with scepter auto-attack, but transfer his pin down for an immoblize, use scepter 5 for weakness or death shroud on entry weakness trait etc.

Whenever he procs zerker stance, just get the **** out of the way. Hide, kite, whatever. Just ignore him, and ignore the point. When that’s of cool down, use your condi spike combos, and he’s ******.

I always use flesh wurm as my stun break, because not only will it get you out of his CC chain, but when he pops zerker stance, you can get far enough away to prevent him doing any damage to you.

Peanut Butter Jelly Times (Swisslips)

in Necromancer

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

^they usually have a stance up to prevent you doing transfers while they are beating down on you with a cc chain from hammer and longbow………