How to not get kited?

How to not get kited?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alphabet.7392

Alphabet.7392

Any class can reset combat vs a terror necro so easily, they just wear me down until i have 0 lf to start the fight with

HoD
Lyyneheim

How to not get kited?

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Well if they leave combat, and your low on deathshroud or everything is on cooldown you could waypoint. Otherwise, you’ll see why solo roaming on necros isn’t easy. People in the Balance forum act like we can actually stop people from escaping with cripple, chill, and dark path, but the truth is it’s almost impossible. Even 600 range on a leap is more than we can make up easily. It’s the drawback of the class.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

How to not get kited?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Spectral walk can help out a bit with the long swiftness duration, especially if you combine it with warhorn for the extra swiftness and cripples. It will at least catch those who don’t have a lot of movement abilities.

If you want you can also try using flesh wurm as a blink to catch people, but the long cooldown will only permit so much of that.

How to not get kited?

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

That’s the problem with ANETs idea of an attrition class.

Every class has FREE fast 100% heal just by getting out of combat. Every class can escape the Necomancer, quickly get OOC, and then re engage the necromancer who has long cooldowns and probably has burned down his death shroud.

What’s the point of attrition if everybody gets a free 100% heal?

Part of the answer seems to be that classes not get their pvp OOC heal while they have conditions on them. And while this seems to solve the problem of somebody re-engaging and then coming back to tank you, it actually makes the problem worse

See, while you have conditions still ticking, they don’t get OOC heal, but you don’t get to heal either. Ditto if you are not in combat but your minion is. So while your enemy has disengaged you and is waiting to heal up for his second shot, you are a sitting duck unable to heal.

Attrition class with no mobility is a really poor choice in a game with these OOC heal mechanics.

Most Necromancer’s play their class bursty because of this.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

How to not get kited?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

See, while you have conditions still ticking, they don’t get OOC heal, but you don’t get to heal either. Ditto if you are not in combat but your minion is. So while your enemy has disengaged you and is waiting to heal up for his second shot, you are a sitting duck unable to heal.

This isn’t correct. Already applied conditions will not keep you in combat if you disengage, even if they’re still applied to the enemy. If a new condition is applied, you will be put into combat, but not if a condition is still running its course.

That being said, many of the balance considerations take sPvP into mind. If someone performs such a disengagement on you, you win the node and the person has to come back to fight you off of it.

I feel like the OP was directing their comments more towards a WvW scenario, which is an entirely different ball game. Solo roaming tends to be a bit more frustrating for reasons such as this.

How to not get kited?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Please distinguish between kiting and leaving combat. If a Necro is actually being kited, scepter and staff can at least keep the opponent engaged at range to prevent the reset.

The question is really how to keep your opponent from escaping if the fight looks rough and that is just not possible.

How to not get kited?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

The only class I have run into that consistently can break combat is a Thief. I’ve only had an opportunity to fight a S/P Thief once in the past several weeks and I was on the phone at the time, and I played it all wrong, but the teleporting can be hard to lock down unless you have experience with it. Something like a D/P Thief can often disappear and just leave the fight without issue unless you get lucky/they screw up kind of badly.

Otherwise, a Warrior needs to save Zerker Stance to run from a Necro, and I don’t really know another class that can reliably leave the engagement without me keeping up.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

How to not get kited?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Time to murder critters!

But yes, it’s a faulty assumption that LF is free.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

How to not get kited?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Use your LF wisely, use your fears wisely, and cripple opponents as often as you’re able.
LF is valuble, don’t sit in Death Shroud for lengthy periods of time unless it’s an emergency and don’t throw around random fears. Save them for when they have no stability/you have remove their stability and/or they are low health. I use Signet of The Locust, which I absolutely hate using because that slot could be put to much better use, but it helps with mobility. And unless an opponent decides to disengage very early in the fight when I’m not at all expecting it, people rarely have the chance to run.

Not scrutinizing you or saying L2P, just giving some tips on how you can prevent being left in the dust. But in regards to having 0 LF yeah, without any Life Force a Necro is extremely vulnerable. It’s like a Thief without initiative or a Mesmer without clones. Which again brings me back to, utilize your LF wisely. Sip don’t gulp!

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

How to not get kited?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khelim.5169

Khelim.5169

@SpellOfIniquity
Problem is both thief and mesmer can regain their profession mechanic “resources” without much interaction with opponent (initiative regens and there are numerous ways to speed up / gain it, clones are attached to skills and dodge if traited which restores you back to 100% in seconds). It’s not so easy for necro, without things to kill or use high-LF gain skills like ghastly claws or spectral grasp you are screwed. Would be nice to have some skill that would give ~30% LF out of thin air (without killing target) on medium cooldown, could be attached to some of elites, lich for for example

How to not get kited?

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

I’ve said this 100 thousand million times before but LF should slowly regenerate without attacking or killing something. Killing and attacking works fine in pve but not in pvp.

But you see people already quit this game so no matter.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

How to not get kited?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

You’re talking about hit’n’run tactic, not kiting.
If you’re being kited (i.e. outranged for most of options) just start running in opposite way and then quickly turn back on following enemy or use SWalk/Wurm for that.

As for disenaging&engaging like in case of mobile thief or warrior it’s simply managing your burst/fighting area (like corridors, tight places).

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144