How to survive in wvw?!

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: prothorin.5849

prothorin.5849

I do not known what Im doing wrong.
But every days I just dying in wvw and I did not kill anyone.
The worst that I killed in 5-8 sec by thief or mesmer.
Please help

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQJArYjMah7Zbub8bKAJF8C9kiv3OSByKTVAeA-jkBBEGAUBgZqFRjtspIasqbY6YER1A-w

(edited by prothorin.5849)

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: keloorie.6085

keloorie.6085

we necros do not have any abilities to face tank focus dmg unless we are taking the minion build or the well build. In your build i guess you are trying to be a tanky necros so u better want to decide which style do u want to play, since your traits is a complete chaos.

(edited by keloorie.6085)

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

prothorin.5849

I try to maximize traits for survive first 10 sec.

(edited by prothorin.5849)

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

prothorin.5849

I talking about 1v1 or 2vs1 only. No zerg tanking.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

we necros do not have any abilities to face tank focus dmg unless we are taking the minion build or the well build.

What?

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

keloorie.6085

my point doesnt change in 1v1 situation, you should use fears within your skills to avoid your opponent, and try CC them instead of face tanking the dmg like a warrior( which never work for us, coz warrior got heavy armor, and we have ….. ) if i were you, i would think about how to survive the whole fight by generating life force, and in the process , dealing damage to your opponent.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

keloorie.6085

we necros do not have any abilities to face tank focus dmg unless we are taking the minion build or the well build.

What?

alright im not an expert , but IMO we dont have that attrition good?

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

What?

Necro is the best face-tanking class out there due to DS/Plague/DS chain. We just can’t escape the focus very well. We can take it up the kitten for far longer than any other class though. :P

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Try http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYWjMah7dbub87JAJFX/ckCiVm6B8sfOA-j0BBYhCik0g0HBKTtIasVTFRjVdDTHjIqGA-w.

That build works for any type of wvw but focuses on using spectral skills and marks to give you sustain. Run through the wall and you will have decent protection uptime and the wall can fear people around. Switch out epidemic for corrupt boon for more 1v1 oriented fights. It also focuses on using just condition gear which does a lot better than that power condi mix you had before.

Use your chill and cripple to keep distance and fears to interrupt or get them off your back. Scepter dagger will be your biggest damage, so be sure to swap to that and just auto-attack people.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

keloorie.6085

What?

Necro is the best face-tanking class out there due to DS/Plague/DS chain. We just can’t escape the focus very well. We can take it up the kitten for far longer than any other class though. :P

I thought i said it in the very first reply about that, we are not good at face tanking focus dmg… did I ? pls read well dude

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

What?

I thought i said it in the very first reply about that, we are not good at face tanking focus dmg… did I ? pls read well dude

We are the best at face-tanking damage focus damage, not good at escaping it. Escaping damage isn’t the same thing as face-tanking it.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Question… What server are you on?

Teef master race

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Play Condition Necro.
Use Plague #2 to AoE blind enemies within range.
Use Death Shroud, #5 has an immobilize at end of cast.
Death Shroud #3 can be used to fear. You can also fear them while facing away.

If you play Condition Necro, you CAN permanently Cripple with Scepter 2, so long as it’s not cleansed. You can also apply Weakness with Dagger 5.

I play Condition Necro and I forgot the name, but for 20 points into second tree you can increase the duration of Spectral utilities. This works wonders with the likes of Spectral Armour and Spectral Walk. Spectral Walk can be used to gain 30+ seconds of swiftness and then used again several seconds later to return to starting location. If used correctly you can stay out of combat long enough to heal/WP/Whatever you please.

Not often does it happen, but if you’re able to take the fight underwater it helps.

All of these aid survivability (for me atleast).
Just keep playing with the class, eventually you’ll learn your own little methods of dealing with each situation. Remember there will most likely always be someone better than you, don’t put yourself down because you’re dying.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

keloorie.6085

What?

We are the best at face-tanking damage focus damage, not good at escaping it. Escaping damage isn’t the same thing as face-tanking it.

so … when 3 person focusing fire on you, stunning and knocking back, placing 10 stacks of bleed, cofusion, torment on you and you can survive that just by face tanking ? good job

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I am built for Vitality and Toughness. So i can still “face tank” in normal form for a few seconds and have DeathShroud as well which takes damage a lot better as well.

Their is however, times when we simply stand no chance – Hammer spamming warriors are one of them, anything that can stun, interrupt or knock us back is going to be strong thanks to the very limited access to stability we have.

We have very little in terms of defensive skills either, unlike classes that have stealth, damage immunity, condition immunity, CC immunity and such…we get Prot for 7 seconds, every 60 seconds…wow

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Uh… Outside of a 5 vs. 5+ fight I wouldn’t recommend using plague. If you are in a zerg on the other hand, it’s hugely beneficial to your zerg to use plague 2. For roaming or small scale I’d recommend using flesh golem. Also try to dedicate to a build rather than taking things that essentially wont help you. Your build looks like it wants conditions but has no damage to them with limited survivability and utility.

I made you a quick and very effective build that synergizes with itself and many other builds. It’s a dhuumfire/terror build that is pretty easy to use as soon as you get timing down.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYWjMad7Fbub87JEoH9CuAiRKOmghSh7kOA-jUCB0CAUFYk3gkHQ0HIZqFRjt+qIasqbY6YER1SBso0I-w

If you don’t want conditions and don’t want dhuumfire there are still many other options. If survivability is what you want, and you also like minions you could use something like this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW3djEat61ama07JApHRT90TK4GcIF5KNA-j0BBUFY0HJiKJwpmFRjtMqIasKbYqXER1SBwkyI-w

If you want to utilize death shroud and critical hits for damage, here’s an oddball I’ve used to pretty good effect.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRBIhdu1IjW1e2m4G9eCBqw7F9AZUGmh6h7sOfIA-jUCBEEQ0FBh+AjII0ZmCRpmasVQFRjVXDT5iIqWKgRVGB-w

Try these out, if you have trouble or need help learning how to use them, or want help formulating a build tailored to how you play send me a message and I’d be more than happy to help you out.

Teef master race

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

prothorin.5849

Sometimes only a thief or mesmer kill me.
Spectral prot useless, full lf useless, no escape . I melting in 5 sec.

Yes, I think this is Learn to Play issue. But how to learn when never win?
The game MUST give me chance for win. But game only NERF me. Allways.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Zach.3264

Remember, if you’re simply trying to run away then there’s no point, because it’s not difficult for someone to just chase you down. If you are playing Condition damage then play offensively, try to keep distance.

This is currently the build I use and it works great. Conditions have huge uptimes and with over 2k condition damage I’m not short of damage either.

(edited by Zach.3264)

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

keloorie.6085

Actually its all about knowing other professions, for example if you know something about the warrior, you would simply run and juke him with Spectral walk when he have his condi immune on.( since its kitten ear god mode to condi necros, we cant fear him, nor dmg him)
If you are fighting a thief he’s gonna stealth a looooooooot, so u might want to set up a few marks on the ground for him, waiting for him to step on one in order to back stab you. And try not to open your back to him, it’s almost a sign to the thief says : free bag of loots.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Zach.3264

Also, don’t worry if a Thief kills you. It’s not that you’re bad, Thiefs were just designed to get effortless kills.
Even with 1.7k~ thoughness I still eat 8k backstabs then get spammed by Heartseaker. Best you can hope for is that you apply enough conditions on them and they die while stealthed before they remove them.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

keloorie.6085

I am built for Vitality and Toughness. So i can still “face tank” in normal form for a few seconds and have DeathShroud as well which takes damage a lot better as well.

Their is however, times when we simply stand no chance – Hammer spamming warriors are one of them, anything that can stun, interrupt or knock us back is going to be strong thanks to the very limited access to stability we have.

We have very little in terms of defensive skills either, unlike classes that have stealth, damage immunity, condition immunity, CC immunity and such…we get Prot for 7 seconds, every 60 seconds…wow

And Anet called us an attrition class because we have that prot and death shroud
Im running a new guardian and found that it have far more condi dmg from the passive burning, and dont even mention how hard can I be killed XDDD comparing to the time when i was a necro Its just laughable. As a necro I have to running around, panic about how am I survive this stupid warrior stun lock and condi immune, now as a guard I got numerous prot and heal lol

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

What?

so … when 3 person focusing fire on you, stunning and knocking back, placing 10 stacks of bleed, cofusion, torment on you and you can survive that just by face tanking ? good job

We can survive it better than another class due to high health, death shroud, and plague form. Maybe you don’t fully understand the term ‘face-tank.’

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

Im running a new guardian and found that it have far more condi dmg from the passive burning,

What?

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Im running a new guardian and found that it have far more condi dmg from the passive burning,

Really? You haven’t managed to stack 6 bleeds before? Maintaining 6 bleeds only is higher damage than perma-burning, and even with no condition duration boosts, it’s easy for a necro to maintain 9-12 stacks of bleeding, plus perma-poison. That’s over double the damage a Guardian can ever hope to put out through conditions.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

keloorie.6085

Its not like as a Necromancer you can just stand there and applying conditions, considering how difficult it is for you to gain stability IMO.
Its only an opinion from me as a new player so it is not necessary for you to get offended good dude?

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

keloorie.6085

What?

We can survive it better than another class due to high health, death shroud, and plague form. Maybe you don’t fully understand the term ‘face-tank.’

we can be better than some classes for sure on absorbing damage yes. But not on surviving, sticking in Death Shroud with tons of condi and a warrior giggling beside waiting to stun you when you tries to consume condi is not pleasant view. What is the point of face tanking that dmg if it doesnt do you any good?
Secondly I’m serious about how can we have more attrition than the Heavy armor classes? this is not a debate , its a quetion, so pls dont get taunted if my attitude hurt your feelings because my english is bad

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Really? You haven’t managed to stack 6 bleeds before? Maintaining 6 bleeds only is higher damage than perma-burning, and even with no condition duration boosts, it’s easy for a necro to maintain 9-12 stacks of bleeding, plus perma-poison. That’s over double the damage a Guardian can ever hope to put out through conditions.

Sure, that depends on weapons and build…

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

keloorie.6085

yup, and while we double the condi dmg to a guard, how much times is their survivability to ours?

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

yup, and while we double the condi dmg to a guard, how much times is their survivability to ours?

Not a whole ton higher, truthfully. It depends greatly on what you are fighting.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

I play both guardian and necromancer. I can take more straight up focus damage on my necro but my guardian has more survivability due to in-combat mobility via sword 2, JI, and MI.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

keloorie.6085

im playing mainly 30/20/0/0/20 burning condi build. The thing is I’m greatly struggling to take terror or not. If I take terror in Curse20, I’m surely taking Soul Reap20 as Master of Terror. That would make my terror duration become 100% since I have 20% condi duration through the runes and therefore, my condi dmg goes up. But the thing is, a terror build really lacks regeneration of life force, which makes us 5 skills lost from DS when we are out of it. And since warriors now have completely countered by one single skill called berserker stance, ( because of their condi immune and that shuts terror down )since it is hard to escape from a warrior, we could lose too much health and life force to battle the warrior after their stance
And so the second choices of Curse20 and Soul Reap20 are Spectral attunement and Soul Marks respectively, for life force regeneration, providing us atleast some tiny chance too battle a warrior instead of standing there running out of stun break and life force, waiting to die. Noticing having too little life force regeneration would not do us so much good for the warrior can run away heal up his lost health and fight us again while we are still missing life force to fight and they are all healed up.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

If thief and mesmer are your problems, what do you do against a hammer warrior? I think being helpless against something you can see coming from a mile away is far more frustrating and unlike most necromancers, I can jump off a cliff. It kitten es me off how my stability-less meditation guardian can utterly shut down these guys down while my necro is ping ponged to death and I’m not even a condition necro.

Anets poor answer to a poor play style punishes so much more than just the poor play style. Conditions need to be rebalanced like power is or we will always be in this one sided tug of war.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Winneh.2064

Winneh.2064

In my experience, solo roaming as a hybrid/powermancer is sort of pointless because you heavily rely on channeling skills to do your damage. Way too vulnerable against any sort of CC/stealth imo.
In Zerg play on the other hand, Powermancers snipe anything below 50% health down, so i usually switch gear and builds when we zerg up for wvw.

For solo or small group roaming, i prefer mass condition spam.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYWjMah6Fbyb87JkpCfD0jeBXAxoHFTwkMA-jkCB4MBEpBiWAgqAk8AKHqIaslhFRjVdDTHjIq2wrIa1SBAzyK-w
Melees are free kills as long as you have your well of darkness (perma blind) combined with chilling darkness (curses 3 trait) ready. Signet of spite will finish them off most of the time, if you manage to get bleeding on to them, before signet hits (order of condition removal).

Thieves, guards or warriors are no problem at all, good mesmers or other condition necromancers are my weak spot

Ascii streams a lot and plays a very similar build, if you want to see how it works before you invest in equip etc.
http://www.twitch.tv/gw2ascii

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

keloorie.6085

What are you using master of terror for?

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

My general rule of thumb is that if you’re having trouble surviving, you’re not doing enough damage. Dead don’t hit back^^

Maybe that’s just me though..

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

What?

Plague form = 20 seconds of stability
also if traited you can dish out psn/blind/chil every second with Plague 2 so yes we can facetank, that does not mean we will make it out alive it means we can soak up lots of dmg.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

keloorie.6085

well it will be meaningless if you cannot survive

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

also if traited you can dish out psn/blind/chil every second with Plague 2 so yes we can facetank, that does not mean we will make it out alive it means we can soak up lots of dmg.

Stability, now it would be a shame if someone removed it…

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

we are necro’s we all should know the risk of using stability without cover boons.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I dont know about your build. Going condition without terror or/and Dhuumfire cries for a terrible build. Our conditions specs dont have much survivability. The strong part about our condi specs is, it can force your opponents to play defensively. Generally as necromancer you want to be in the offensive. Thats where we most comfortable with.
With that said i only have problems with mesmer and thievies if i cannot force them to play defensive.In that case they probably deserve the win as they outplayed me…

Or you could try to fight underwater. We are the kings underwater.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Noble.3647

Noble.3647

In Death Shroud or Plague, if you get hit by Immobilize & stacks of Conditions, you die – because you have no way to cleanse conditions or heal. So avoid zergs at all costs; they will likely catch you (since we lack good means of escape) &, using the above, kill you.

Having no blocks, no practical stability, and no good means of escape is a major pain.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

I give you best advice ever: Dont PvP. PvP in this game is garbage.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

we are necro’s we all should know the risk of using stability without cover boons.

The last boon you give yourself is stability as you enter Plagueform…..in plagueform you have no boons to bury it with.

I guess what you typed sounded good.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Stand The Wall.6987

What are you using master of terror for?

So I can reach 2 sec fears. Longer duration equals more damage/cc.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Stand The Wall.6987

In Death Shroud or Plague, if you get hit by Immobilize & stacks of Conditions, you die – because you have no way to cleanse conditions or heal. So avoid zergs at all costs; they will likely catch you (since we lack good means of escape) &, using the above, kill you.

Having no blocks, no practical stability, and no good means of escape is a major pain.

Getting hit by condis in ds or plague doesnt mean you have to sit there and take the damage. Do the best you can then pop out to cleanse yourself.
Shouldnt avoid zergs at all, just because you have a problem with conditions. Doesnt make any sense, given how many condi transers necros have.
Traiting for Foot in the Grave while closing off other trait lines isnt practical, but, there are other awesome minor traits that you pick up. Having 50% uptime to stability by yourself is amazing.
Dont need to escape when you have a zerg in front of you.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

The huge health pool you have while in plague form is protection against condition damage provided you enter plague form before your health drops too low.

For the guy asking what is the point of being able to facetank damage for a long time if you can’t escape it. That is where your group comes in. If the enemy is focusing you, the longer you can stay alive gives your team more time to get kills on them. If the enemy is focusing you (the necro) it will free up your team to go full offense on them.

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

I run full zerk Nero and it is rare I die in a 1v1, even a 2v1. The damage output combined with natural survivability is a very potent combinations. Death shroud is the key factor to both killing and surviving. I hit 5k crits with 100% crit chance in DS. Combine that with a 20k health pool, 2.8k armor, and vital persistence, you kill EVERYTHING.

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Noble.3647

Noble.3647

Getting hit by condis in ds or plague doesnt mean you have to sit there and take the damage. Do the best you can then pop out to cleanse yourself.

Yeah, you can pop out & hit Consume Conditions & pray that no one in the zerg interrupts you during that 1.25s Obviously telegraphed activation time. And hope that you have enough life/time to withstand the onslaught in the meanwhile.

Got a video of that?

How to survive in wvw?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

What?

I would LOVE to see videos of your build in action facetanking focused fire. If you’re not lying you would now become the single best necromancer in the game. They will rename it to Oozo Wars 2

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…