Hybrid build for WvW solo roam

Hybrid build for WvW solo roam

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Hey Denizens of the underworld.

I wanna share a hybrid roaming build I’ve been using the past weeks, very similar to what I had used before the major updates.
I think its now known as the signet build that many necros are running too, except most other necros I see running this is probably speced into full condi builds which I think is great, more survivability but will not be able to handle anti-condi builds like diamond skin eles, signet of renewal + wilderness survival rangers etc.

So I’m proposing this hybrid build that allows you to have a decent chance against most variations of builds out there.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArYWjc0QtN2ZDO2A/NOwFKYbGALQcrngPgmGtxXA-T1CFABNq+jc7P87JAAgnAgAHCAkUKkm2AmUWAlSs40BolSwAAIAzsMLzZG4oH9oH9oHtdOzjuzje0SBAzyK-w

I’ll now share what I feel are the pros and cons of this build.

Advantage of this build:
-Huge advantage against any condi builds with 4 condi transfers (dagger4, staff 4, Plague Sending, Plague Signet)
-Advantage against block-heavy builds like Guardians, Engineers, Shield Warriors, PU-Aegis Mesmers, GS Rangers (unblockable staff marks trait)

Decent of this build:
-Decent against boon-heavy builds like Steal-traited Thieves, D/D Elementalists (Signet of Suffering trait)
-Decent against stun-heavy builds like Rampage Hammer or Mace/shield Warriors, Interrupt Mesmers, Wolf/Dog LB Rangers with 3 stun breaks, 1 stability and Plague elite (spectral armor, plague signet, traited shroud stun-break and stability)
-Enough HP and Lifeforce to survive burst builds like Shatter Mesmers, DD backstab Thieves, Full glass any builds (plus weakening shroud trait)

Weak of this build:
-Weak against Quickdraw Wolf/Dog LB rangers (really I don’t know how to fight them. 4 disables on their pets alone, Longbow4 knockback, quickdraw gives them a 2-3 second double 900+ range leap =/ insane kiting and when swapping back to LB, another double knockback or double rapid fire = doom) in open field without LOS, I can’t just turn around and run either unlike against a mesmer that blinks away to kite, because now ranger LB got a baseline of 1500 range. Not impossible though, the odds are just stacked against you. Made better with our 3 stun breaks and 1 stability, but not by much when they got a double leap on a 3 second cooldown to keep their distance from you. This is pretty much the only enemy right now that I feel I have to play a perfect game to have a semi decent chance of winning.
-Weak against ShadowArts Thieves (the ones that heal and remove condis while invis) Not impossible to win against, need to time your fear+burst well, preferably after they use a stunbreak, much like against any other thieves, just harder I feel.
-Weak against Diamondskin Elementalists (but not impossible to win, we got enough power, but need to chain your shroud4 and staff mark spams to force him below 90% HP since they have insane protection and regen uptime and healing)

Concept:

Essentially the concept behind this build is: A mixture of power and condi damage so that you are not crippled against a foe that happens to build against power or condi, very strong condi tranfers to deal with condi heavy specs, and just enough HP+Lifeforce to handle full-glass power builds. So you cover every aspect of the fight, (with decent mitigation against both condi and power) without actually having an overwhelming advantage in a particular area, but at the same time, you don’t have an overwhelming disadvantage that cannot be surmounted either.

Any thoughts to improve this build are welcome.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)