Hybrid necro for wvw?

Hybrid necro for wvw?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

I was wondering if anyone has a good hybrid spec for necro for wvw.
I usually run wells with staff and scepter/dagger so I want to have good power and condi as well, but I also want to have a good amount of tankiness.
I was thinking something along the lines of mixtures of knights and carrion or knights and celestial.
Also is 30 in blood magic worth it at level 80 for the wells siphon health?
What do you think about the following build:
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/necromancer/?5.0|6.5h.h1j.0.0.0|b.5h.h1n.8.5h.h1j.0.0.0|1h.9b.1h.9b.1n.9b.1h.9b.1n.9b.1h.9b|21j.0.21j.0.31j.0.211.0.311.0.2s.0|0.k69.0.u58c.k29|0.0|3r.4a.4d.44.0|e

Also would runes of the traveler be worth it to drop the signet of locusts for another well?

Thanks in advance for your help

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Hybrid necro for wvw?

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

you’re pretty “tanky” (as in if you know how to dodge and not die foolishly) in zergfest even in zerker gear, thanks to parasitic bond. So probably carrion/zerk or rampager whatever you like best. Forget armor and hp bonus isn’t that much unless you can actually climb to 30k base.

blood magic is worth 0 in wvw

try rampager or carrion if you want hybrid also you want to use either axe or dagger in mainhand if you actually want to use that direct damage at all in useful manner.

i know i know there’s always some genius claiming that staff is right weapon for every class and situtation but it really isn’t.

runes of traveler might work if you don’t want to use any other runes, and there’s plenty of more useful ones for hybrid build

hope my english is good enough

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

Hybrid necro for wvw?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Cool thanks for the reply. Your english is very good

I’m probably asking too much out of my gear but I don’t like running around in wvw without at least 2500 armor. Being a necro of course I want decent vitality too.

When I was leveling I was using a mix of knights and carrion, which gave me decent toughness vitality precision power and condi damage.

What do you guys think about swapping out some carrion for celestial gear to get my crit damage higher?

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Hybrid necro for wvw?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

I think it would help if you mentioned what you plan to do with this build (zerging or roaming)?

Also, if you’re traiting for Terror, why no Spectral Wall?

Hybrid necro for wvw?

in Necromancer

Posted by: martyrius.8957

martyrius.8957

i use blood magic 30 in wvw. and i can take out most people 1v1, heal my groups and heal myself. but think about hybrid like this ( i do anyway ) you can be 100% in one way or be 50% in 2 ways. if you get my drift. anyway check out a post i made about my new build. its very tanky and has alright damage. but its more supportive although it can hold its own in 1v1-2’s. good luck

80 necro main. 80 mesmer. 80 guardian. 80 thief. 45 elementalist i’m just too lazy.