I Hated Necromancers with a Passion

in Necromancer

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

But those days are long gone.

I think a few people have pointed this out in the past and I agree that forum necromancers are the least arrogant and some of the most helpful in their community.

I started playing necro to learn its mechanics to better defend my main class and it really shocked me with how slow they are and how they get focused with very little escape options (pvp)

You guys have always been helpful and less pompous/stuck-up when I’d post my noob questions on here (from my main account but it got banned for posting screen shots of toxic ppl in-game lmao)

I’ve had so much fun with the Reaper recently and hope that it could help necros secure a spot in more team tournament comps.

You guys are great. I <3 necros

sincerely,
an engie main on queue

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

You’ve opened that gate, though. You can’t go back to Engineer. You’re one of us now….
One of us…
One of us….

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I float around the forums, and I agree with you. The necromancer forum has the most well-behaved members out of the profession forums. Even in our darkest hours, we aren’t too terribly hostile (maybe that’s why they’ve taken so long to buff us?).

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I used to main ranger till about a year ago then made a necro for the lulz…yet here i still am on this awesome class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

It’s the all consuming darkness, the worst arguement a we get into are whether we are crap or not after a small buff usually.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Necromancer forums do well due to such a large presence of players who are helpful in steering discussions, plus the fact that we have been not-meta for so long that the only people left are the ones that really care. Glad to see we’ve turned you to the dark side, we used to have cookies but now they’ve got bugs in them and we decided that was a feature.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

And here I switched form warrior to guard then to necro
Man pre June 23 necro was just the worst piece of garb….

Edit: now u know our pain, and u also know our joy when playing reaper

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

(edited by Zantmar.5406)

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

we used to have cookies but now they’ve got bugs in them and we decided that was a feature.

Totally stealing this.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Every once in a while I try to figure out how I was successful with Power Necro pre-patch and I can’t quite figure it out.

Oh, hai abc! This is probably the best place to have a differing opinion and not get called inappropriate things.

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

Every once in a while I try to figure out how I was successful with Power Necro pre-patch and I can’t quite figure it out.

Oh, hai abc! This is probably the best place to have a differing opinion and not get called inappropriate things.

I typically get insta downed at beginning of the match which after the process of being dead have I built meaningful life force, I played the typical 30 10 0 0 30(old trait system)

Man thinking back I’m suprised my guild even played with me, I was such a feeder.

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

sincerely,
an engie main on queue

Attachments:

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

I started playing necro to learn its mechanics to better defend my main class and it really shocked me with how slow they are and how they get focused with very little escape options (pvp)

I like that you said this. Most people say how we “dont even need to dodge” or how it is just a reactionary class rather than one where you anticipate your enemies. I think this is not true, but at least holds some truth. We simply can’t afford to waste dodges, so we facetank hits until the important attacks come. It’s sometimes not so easy deciding whether or not an attack is worth a dodge, as opposed to some classes spamming dodges/evades/blinds.

The inability to disengage gets me really heated sometimes. I put a ton of effort into a team fight, res some teammates, and then they all just leave me to die in a 3v1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

The inability to disengage gets me really heated sometimes. I put a ton of effort into a team fight, res some teammates, and then they all just leave me to die in a 3v1.

They don’t hate you. It’s like in a zombie apocalypse: you have always to take near you a low and fat friend why if the zombies finds you, you willll be safe because yuo willll run faster than your friend.

Anyway, My main was a Guardian. But now… now there’s only the Necro <3

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

I like that you said this. Most people say how we “dont even need to dodge” or how it is just a reactionary class rather than one where you anticipate your enemies. I think this is not true, but at least holds some truth. We simply can’t afford to waste dodges, so we facetank hits until the important attacks come. It’s sometimes not so easy deciding whether or not an attack is worth a dodge, as opposed to some classes spamming dodges/evades/blinds.

Oh, don’t you know? If class X beats me that means class X takes no skill.
Happens in every game.

Although much like the OP, I roll different classes to see what they can do and well, what sometimes feels unfair isn’t always overpowered in actuality. Playing different classes definitely helps you understand what it’s like to get CC-chained into oblivion and watching 20k+ LF drop in a second!
I gotta say, though, playing Necro can be kinda frustrating sometimes if you got a bad team, but also super satisfying when you see the entire enemy team flop over

One class I just can’t seem to fight(or use) properly is Chronomancer. Might be just me, but the dead clone bodies linger around and is incredibly disorienting with all the effects everywhere >.<

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

sincerely,
an engie main on queue

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you miss Gear Shield, Elixir S, AMR and Self Regulating Defenses when you play Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vegito.3048

Vegito.3048

The necro subforum is one of the whinier forums imo. However, a lot of the whining often happens to have good reason backing it.

Rantev [Warrior]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

The necro subforum is one of the whinier forums imo. However, a lot of the whining often happens to have good reason backing it.

Thief is the new necro.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Thief is the new necro.

Thief issue is a bit different though, to be fair. I won’t disagree they are in a rough spot, but there’s still a difference between “terrible and unviable” (necro) and “boring and unfulfulling and limiting role” (thief mobility and spike +1 role).

The reason it’s different is necromancer needed, or needs in some areas, buffs to be on par with their role and mechanics. Thief on the otherhand is role-locked. They can’t realistically make them better 1v1/team-stay fighters without nerfing their mobility because they’d just become a super-powered roamer, which created a rather dynamic dilemma on how to actually fix it. Not only that, but most necromancers can agree on “buff us”. Thieves however might not be so quick to agree on hot topics such as “would you lose mobility, such as short bow 5 for better combat capabilities”.

In short, Necromancer has a simple issue and easier to agree on. Thieves are up against a real issue that could be a pretty big test for the community, developers and balance.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Thief is the new necro.

Thief issue is a bit different though, to be fair. I won’t disagree they are in a rough spot, but there’s still a difference between “terrible and unviable” (necro) and “boring and unfulfulling and limiting role” (thief mobility and spike +1 role).

The reason it’s different is necromancer needed, or needs in some areas, buffs to be on par with their role and mechanics. Thief on the otherhand is role-locked. They can’t realistically make them better 1v1/team-stay fighters without nerfing their mobility because they’d just become a super-powered roamer, which created a rather dynamic dilemma on how to actually fix it. Not only that, but most necromancers can agree on “buff us”. Thieves however might not be so quick to agree on hot topics such as “would you lose mobility, such as short bow 5 for better combat capabilities”.

In short, Necromancer has a simple issue and easier to agree on. Thieves are up against a real issue that could be a pretty big test for the community, developers and balance.

Think of it as necro some weeks after beta right now for thief give 2 years,same treatment and voila the pure opposite of necro in necro’s previous place but that is also implying that “he who knows his name” wil eventually understand thief and show it properly. I’m not trying to start a thief debate in the wrong section but on thief mobility blocking fighting potential that is only because of SB there is no point running duel melee so what’s left..? He gutted p/d(x/d in general) and took the fun out p/p then gives us another melee weapon while offereing Acro as a sacrifice for a 2.0 version of it.

I know it’s a team balance effort but “he who knows his name” is receiving the blame nothing against him personally but he had good ideas before now it’s meh or wut. At least Robert and Roy mentioned base class “he who knows his name” just comes in with a 2.0 version of purity of pistols. He’s funny I’ll gladly admit that.

Edit: Out of compassion please show mercy to rangers.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Abc, you didn’t have to start this thread but it was very kind of you to do so.

It is true that we tend to be more accommodating and less hostile because we feast and gorge on fresh blood with weak souls always like to welcome new members to our community.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Edit: Out of compassion please show mercy to rangers.

Ranger isn’t as bad as people say. At this point, they’re basically “borderline” in every way possible.
Great standing in PVP Meta (Basically all thanks to Taunt)
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Ranger_-_Power_Survival

And even “meta” in PVE as a power spotter, and “great” with their condi build.
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Ranger_-_S/A_LB_Spotter

The problem with Ranger, and I can say this as I play one (and my best friend mains one), isn’t so much directly their “power”. It’s just that pets are innately stupid and the ranger controls for them are janky and unreliable and the class is FILLED with bugs (which is what you get for spending too much time in nature, I guess). With the right changes, very easily a ranger could go from laughable to god-like, very similarly to what happened with the roller coaster that is D/D ele, when it went from god, to terrible to OP again.

Unlike Ele though, a good bit of that fine line for Ranger involve bugs. Power wise and such, only minor changes are totally necessary. (All of this, of course, post the offhand fixes and so on. Directly after June 23 was a very different sad story.)

Note: Not just trying to disagree with you here, but really, Rangers aren’t as bad off as many like to think, design wise. They just need to be fixed and their pet needs to not be terrible at life.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Ranger in general needs a proper Teamfight presence, which they will hopefully get with Druid. Sorry, but Entangle isn’t enough.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: menios.5827

menios.5827

You’ve opened that gate, though. You can’t go back to Engineer. You’re one of us now….
One of us…
One of us….

And I shall continue ….
One of us…
One of us…
One of us…

in Necromancer

Posted by: damnwidget.9301

damnwidget.9301

Yeah, I should agree with OP, necromancers community is really great in GW2, there is two very special and different from the others classes communities in here one is Necromancers that IMO is the most friendly and rational (probably) and the other one is the Thiefs one, probably the most hilarious and funny one.

I started my necro on monday, it will be 80 today using no books just 100% leveling in EotM and night roaming in WvW.

Awesome class indeed.

[SoW] Sông Of War – Baruch Bay

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

I agree; most helpful class community in this game. HoT will guarantee that at least one more ranger is converted to full-time necromancer.

Still much to learn, though. Much to study… Yes…

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

HoT will guarantee that at least one more ranger is converted to full-time necromancer.

o/
Yo!

/15charrswalkintoabar

in Necromancer

Sevans.4619

HoT will guarantee that at least one more ranger is converted to full-time necromancer.

o/
Yo!

/15charrswalkintoabar

Hi!

Sadly, I think that LB rangers will still be very difficult to deal with as a reaper.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

o/
Yo!

/15charrswalkintoabar

Hi!

Sadly, I think that LB rangers will still be very difficult to deal with as a reaper.

Well at least we can get rid of their rapid fire burst while also gapclosing (Deaths charge being projectile destruction and all).

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

o/
Yo!

/15charrswalkintoabar

Hi!

Well at least we can get rid of their rapid fire burst while also gapclosing (Deaths charge being projectile destruction and all).

Maybe it’s just me, but I find Rangers super easy and Engies as a counter to my necro.

in Necromancer

Sevans.4619

o/
Yo!

/15charrswalkintoabar

Hi!

You’re right. I think that’ll be integral piece of strategy in that match-up. They also have similar cooldown times, so it’ll be important not to waste it. During the beta I found that a staff equipped with Sigil of Ice really helped me close the gap against them; with Chillblains and the reaper minor that turns fears into chills, the staff turns into a really potent anti-kiting (or getaway) weapon in WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Another reason why the necro forum thrives is because the mature, helpful tone is influenced by the leadership of folks like Bhawb, Ronpierce and a handful of veteran usual suspects.

These guys know necro inside out. Other class subforums lack that kind of presence so threads are sometimes teeming with misinformation and a hostile tone.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Another reason why the necro forum thrives is because the mature, helpful tone is influenced by the leadership of folks like Bhawb, Ronpierce and a handful of veteran usual suspects.

These guys know necro inside out. Other class subforums lack that kind of presence so threads are sometimes teeming with misinformation and a hostile tone.

<3 I love you for your kind words. This made my day. I hope that doesn’t make me egotistical. x.X

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

<3 I love you for your kind words. This made my day. I hope that doesn’t make me egotistical. x.X

We’ll be there to knock you down a few notches if it does

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Get out of here, I’m am GRENTH!

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

No you’re not. I met the guy.

((Actually, in my Necro’s RP backstory, he would have been the eighth Reaper, but he died in the battle against Dhuum. Dhuum cursed him to never know the afterlife, so he’s been reincarnated for over a millennia. Yes, same character as I had in GW1, despite being a charr now))

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

No you’re not. I met the guy.

((Actually, in my Necro’s RP backstory, he would have been the eighth Reaper, but he died in the battle against Dhuum. Dhuum cursed him to never know the afterlife, so he’s been reincarnated for over a millennia. Yes, same character as I had in GW1, despite being a charr now))

Or… Yeah, well…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Mesmer forum and Necro forum you’ll find the most helpful ppl gurantee

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

Before I decided to focus on Necro I was lurking in the Mesmer foum a lot, they have some really great people there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Before I decided to focus on Necro I was lurking in the Mesmer foum a lot, they have some really great people there.

Where else you’ll find ppl who thier class got buffed so much they felt to express on forums how thier class is way buffed and even came up with suggestions on how to nerf it?

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Where else you’ll find ppl who thier class got buffed so much they felt to express on forums how thier class is way buffed and even came up with suggestions on how to nerf it?

Necromancer forums. <3
(Dhuumfire.)

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

Necromancer forums. <3
(Dhuumfire.)

I feel like this is a good group hug moment.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

I love you guys… :}

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

My ex’s would tell you I never know the proper response to those words… Im just going to give a +1.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

My ex’s would tell you I never know the proper response to those words… Im just going to give a +1.

I +1 you, too, Meow… I will +1 you until the day we die.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Way too much love in this thread. I need to go kill a sylvari. -_-

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

O.O Oh no…!

( >:) Yesssss…… All is going according to plannnn….)

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

I +1 you, too, Meow… I will +1 you until the day we die.

I tried making this my sig but I couldn’t get it to work correctly (I guess it’s just not meant to be). It’s probably the most romantic thing that’s happened to me in a year lol!

(edited by meow one twenty.4376)

in Necromancer

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

Put it in your compost bin and make fertilizer out of it. I need it for my watermelon patch.

EU since Aug 2012