I Just Want To PvE Is That So Wrong?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Talrune.5130

Talrune.5130

Just started a necromancer(my only class) and just want to use my pets to PvE and of course run group pve content later on. I do own HoT but mainly for the pve content not the specialties.

One question does come to mind can I solo (when needed efficiently) with the reaper spec and still use my pets?

And last question how can one earn exp tomes etc outside of pvp or is that a pvp thing only?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

in Necromancer

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

You get exp tomes from the log in awards.

And yes, you can use repeaper spec and have your pets still. This is what I am currently doing, Minion Master with Reaper spec.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Reaper MM is just fine, and soloing with minions is probably the best solo build we have right now, though I’m not sure if it involves reaper or not.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zhe Carp.5293

Zhe Carp.5293

I am currently testing this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3djc0QLN2WDO2A7NWwFMpcQXLsFfF/ihRorWAoFA-TBSBABJqbANlgXt/gnq/YjGmuU+BwTKIvLqApAqYlF-e

For pure Solo content, Well of Suffering to stack the vurn for ourself (which grants crit chance). If in a party or during an open world boss fight use Rise for more minions (and added damage reduction), as the boss will easily get 25 stacks from others.

I’m not fully done with this myself (lack the funds for proper gear), but in it’s exotic form with some added zerker gear for more precision to make up for the lack of ascended stats, it works great so far.

(edited by Zhe Carp.5293)

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Reaper is amazing as a minion master in PvE…
Not shown in the pic but so far I counter about 13 minions xD

Attachments:

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

O___O , should not be there 13 stacks of Flesh of the Master instead of 7 ?!
Can someone confirm if there is a cap on it ? What about Necromantic Corruption , capped too ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Can someone confirm if there is a cap on it ? What about Necromantic Corruption , capped too ?

There is no cap on the number shown on the Flesh of the Master icon I think. Maybe the actual toughness it gives is capped though.

I think the theoretical maximum of minions is the sum of:
1 (blood fiend)
2 (bone minions)
1 (bone fiend or flesh wurm or shadow fiend)
6 (rise)
5 (mark of horror)
2 (death nova)
=

Although most MMs run Flesh Golem and not Lich Form so the maximum would be 13.

Edit: I noticed my calculations might actually be slightly wrong for some reason. I was playing with Blood Fiend, Rise, Bone Minions, Signet of the Locust, Flesh Golem and Death Nova so the maximum should’ve been 12 but Flesh of the Master said 13 at some point.

(edited by Diovid.9506)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

With the recent change on how pet work vs damage in against boss, a minion master (Reaper or Necromancer) is in a really good spot. It would probably be difficult to say that it’s the kind of build that you should use for group content but it’s a good option atm.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

I can confirm a Rise MM Reaper seems to work very well in Open World PvE. I was running a straight Blighter’s Boon/Chilling Victory/Spite Reaper near one, and she never, ever dropped due to a combination of durability, blood magic, and clever use of her minion skills. She gave the Flesh Golem a workout with all that charging.

Mostly I hung around her and carved enemies up while getting the benefits of her group support for her minions. It worked well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

There is no cap on the number shown on the Flesh of the Master icon I think. Maybe the actual toughness it gives is capped though.

I think the theoretical maximum of minions is the sum of:
1 (blood fiend)
2 (bone minions)
1 (bone fiend or flesh wurm or shadow fiend)
6 (rise)
5 (mark of horror)
2 (death nova)
=

Although most MMs run Flesh Golem and not Lich Form so the maximum would be 13.

Edit: I noticed my calculations might actually be slightly wrong for some reason. I was playing with Blood Fiend, Rise, Bone Minions, Signet of the Locust, Flesh Golem and Death Nova so the maximum should’ve been 12 but Flesh of the Master said 13 at some point.

I actually wonder how a Lich MM would work out… you’d have so many minions it’d be crazy xD

I am not sure whether there is a cap on Flesh of the Master – there doesn’t seem to be. I used Runes of the Lich for that one extra little minion, but I’m not really sure if it counts towards Flesh of the Master or not. Either way, that’s a whole lot of toughness, life stealing and condi clears coming from the minions, I’m surprised there aren’t groups of Reaper Minion Masters running around :P

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Talrune, start traiting minions as soon as the game allows. I am not sure if you will get reaper before all other specializations are completed so maybe someone else can clarify.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

I think you have to unlock everything before you get your reaper spec. It isn’t terrible to do, though. Lots of open world skill points, and the HoT skill point court for ten per. If you’re running minions, just take it slow and steady. You’ll get there eventually.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

If your just doing pve or dungeons, minion mancer is great (assuming you don’t join meta dungeon groups). If you want to do raids you will probably need to change your build based on each fight. Even with minions not getting hit by aoes as hard, I can’t imagine them being meta for raids.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I’m running minions on my reaper just cause there’s so many numbers I can’t even see exactly what I’m hitting for, it’s just a constant white block, so satisfying