I Might Have Been Wrong About Scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

I decided to take a second look at the traits and abilities of scourge and then weighed it against the traits we have now and ive found that if you align the right traits

Scourge may actually be pretty kitten broken in terms of its condi side, I’m not talking about a little damage here and a little damage there, I’m talking about a lot of melting damage everywhere, and then if you use the right run and the right amulet, you can boost your survivability pretty well

Popping barrier for an enemies burst all the way stacking the amount of condis they already had on them before, then combine that with cc capabilities and the portal which if you think ahead can be used as a crutch, it can get pretty nasty

I’m not saying scourge will be good, theres no telling as to what might be changed before its actually here, but if nothings changed I’m starting to think that scourge will be way more viable even in pve (I’m speaking on pvp terms) than we’re thinking

Since my change of thought I’m actually to the point to where I cant wait to get my hands on it and run some tests

I’m also hoping that it doesn’t turn out to be a huge disappointment

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

The main problem people are facing currently is Deathly Chill. In its overtuned state, it means Scourge likely won’t be able to match Reaper in terms of pure dps. While we know scourge will also be support spec, having an obviously superior condi spec will really damage its usability.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Oh great another Broken Condi build is what we realy needed am i right ?

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

Well it is condi wars right now lol, i do agree that necros has never lacked damage and id rather see survivability and mobility boosts

However in a sense of pvp i think that its a good thing since scourge will more than likely be just as insta targeted as necros has been with reaper (or since forever)

Since it lacks any sort of shroud to use as a shield to your health i think its a fair trade off kind of how PL necros would use it as a last ditch effort

“If I’m going to die here all of you are coming with me”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Well it is condi wars right now lol, i do agree that necros has never lacked damage and id rather see survivability and mobility boosts

However in a sense of pvp i think that its a good thing since scourge will more than likely be just as insta targeted as necros has been with reaper (or since forever)

Since it lacks any sort of shroud to use as a shield to your health i think its a fair trade off kind of how PL necros would use it as a last ditch effort

Seems like Spectral armour will remain a staple of pvp scourge builds then. Use upon entry into combat then pop Desert Shroud and Sand Cascade asap.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

“Necro’s have never lacked damage”……the whole entire reason people are worried about the interaction with deathly chill is BECAUSE they lack damage without it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

“Necro’s have never lacked damage”……the whole entire reason people are worried about the interaction with deathly chill is BECAUSE they lack damage without it.

“Necro never lacked damage” → in PvP
Deathly chill is strong in WvW and PvE.

Necro don’t lack condition damage in PvE. Necro lack the tiny extra ability to grant usefull support alongside those damages so that they become welcome in raid group.

It’s been like this forever and ever.

I can say with certainty that the Scourge won’t give this “tiny extra support” much needed and things will stay as they are.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

“Necro never lacked damage” -> in PvP
Deathly chill is strong in WvW and PvE.

Necro don’t lack condition damage in PvE. Necro lack the tiny extra ability to grant usefull support alongside those damages so that they become welcome in raid group.

It’s been like this forever and ever.

I can say with certainty that the Scourge won’t give this “tiny extra support” much needed and things will stay as they are.

Which is all due to deathly chill, which is being reworked to not be condi. It’s almost like you don’t read.

Or maybe you dont realize without abusing deathly chill, condi reaper damage is as low as power reaper? Around 23. Which is still lower than power PS, which was absolutely gutted. You don’t seem to understand WHY necro’s are not welcome in a raid group.

I’ll be the first to say. It’s because the current DPS build for necro is hell trash. It uses a power weapon, a shroud line, and reaper, mostly to abuse one single trait, on top of the fact a lot of its damage is heavily reliant on hitting chill feilds. It’s hard to play, for good dmg, which isn’t bad. However. If they mess with deathly chill in ANY way. The whole build changes and perhaps goes to trash. In ADDITION to the fact necro don’t have any meaningful support, because they can’t afford to take it. Or because the support they do have, is done by other classes, and better.

You can say necro’s don’t lack condition damage. But compared to every other class in this game they fall far behind on that very thing. And please don’t be one of those people that’s gonna say “stop comparing necro to other classes”. Because when you say necro doesn’t lack condition damage, it needs to be in relation to something. And that something is other classes when we are talking about high vs low values.

(edited by FrostDraco.8306)