I Miss My Necromancer

I Miss My Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

You know, rant on and all that.

I don’t mean my GW2 necro though… I’ve mostly played necromancers in almost every mmo I played, if one was available. My favorite style of builds was the ones using life stealing style effects. The idea of absorbing your strength to strenghten me, weaken you and heal me at the same time, was very appealing.

You can do that, to an extent, here in GW2, but its almost all passive, built in traits. Beforehand, in Everquest as an example, and Guild Wars 1, I used active skills to accomplish, and they were fairly strong. Here, it’s almost all passive and individually weak.

I want my vampiric gaze and vampiric touch kitten!

Ah well. I realize it will almost certainly never change. I was just thinking of my necros of old, and I miss em. I want much more active life siphoning abilities. But I probably won’t get em.

Sigh

rant off. Proceed with the blowtorches

I Miss My Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Let’s see 2 signets (signet of vampirism and signet of locust), a dagger skill (main hand dagger #2), every traited well, on weapon swap (sigil of leeching) and one healing skill usage ( runes of vampirism). On top of that you can consider warhorn #5 an active siphon skil due the sheer amount of ticks it can offer whe used with vampiric. I would consider that quite good for active siphoning.

EverythingOP

I Miss My Necromancer

in Necromancer

Morfedel.4165

Let’s see 2 signets (signet of vampirism and signet of locust), a dagger skill (main hand dagger #2), every traited well, on weapon swap (sigil of leeching) and one healing skill usage ( runes of vampirism). On top of that you can consider warhorn #5 an active siphon skil due the sheer amount of ticks it can offer whe used with vampiric. I would consider that quite good for active siphoning.

Most of those are passively triggering off of traits, so I disagree with you. I’m talking about skills that have it built in specifically for that purpose.

Compare how life stealing worked in Guild Wars 1 vs Guild Wars 2 and you will see what I’m talking about, they’re completely different

I Miss My Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: pakuras.7652

pakuras.7652

hmmm… converting somebody’s agony to force which allows you to become the avatar of death doesn’t sound necromancish enough? Condition transfering, transforming/ removing boons, chilling, weakening – pure necro job.
Idea of minions is a bit worse than this one from GW1. You just summon them straight from the air, in GW minions required bodies. On the other hand you couldn’t use them in PVP.

I Miss My Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Der Buck.5439

Der Buck.5439

GW1 used MM in PvP. Just needed a teammate to sac out (kill themselves with Blood is Power or other skill) over and over while waiting for match to start.

I Miss My Necromancer

in Necromancer

Morfedel.4165

hmmm… converting somebody’s agony to force which allows you to become the avatar of death doesn’t sound necromancish enough? Condition transfering, transforming/ removing boons, chilling, weakening – pure necro job.
Idea of minions is a bit worse than this one from GW1. You just summon them straight from the air, in GW minions required bodies. On the other hand you couldn’t use them in PVP.

I was specifically referring to life stealing mechanics. And the fact you only get lifestealing passively for the most part. :P

I Miss My Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i do miss the life steals from gw1
Life Transfer used to be epic!

I Miss My Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cambeul.3719

Cambeul.3719

GW1 used MM in PvP. Just needed a teammate to sac out (kill themselves with Blood is Power or other skill) over and over while waiting for match to start.

I guess you never saw the iWay Groups with a Necro and Monk to provide Minions and Oder of Pain/Vampire and some AoE Heals for the Minions.

And the coup de grace was a Ranger with the Spirit Bomb. Good Times

I Miss My Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Meh, you want Necros to play a certain way and they don’t. Not much to say here; I do know it’s not likely to change to the way you want after 3.5 years since release. There are some really cool mechanics from other games I’ve played that I miss as well. No reason to pine for them in GW2 though.

I Miss My Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

A more active life steal is far preferable to most of these passives. I want to hit an ability you can’t block (MUST dodge) that if it hits you, you FEEL it. Remember the necro skills from GW1 that permanently lowered the max health of the person you stole from? (ok lowered it till the match ended, regardless of revive) Good times…a match goes long enough and no one from the other team is capable of taking any heavy hits.
Sure, it had it’s counter like everything did but still…that truly felt like being a litch.

I Miss My Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i miss gw1 necro idle/casting/emote animations the most :P

I Miss My Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cambeul.3719

Cambeul.3719

i miss gw1 necro idle/casting/emote animations the most :P

The Thriller Dance moves, and my Fissure of Woe armor.

Arcane Echo Spiteful Spirit and my unlimited horde of minions before the MM “Nerf/Balance”