I Need Some Power Reaper Help

in Necromancer

Posted by: Verdis.8472

Verdis.8472

I’m not really interested in metas but i would like to get the most use out of what i can. I enjoy my reaper shroud and greatsword and would like to really focus on being able to pop shroud as often as possible, quickly getting life force back in between. I’m going for a power/crit thing. When i enter shroud my crit goes up to 85%, plus i have decimate defenses to add more % with vuln stacks. I did have Unyeilding Blast but i swapped it for Speed of Shadows and took Rending Shroud instead. Vuln stacking the enemy while Might stacking myself is another thing i’m going for. I’ve been trying out Reapers Onslaught but i’ve noticed my survivability drop considerably because i dropped Blighters Boon. I don’t really know if it was a good tradeoff.

I’m also not really sure what my offhand set should be. at the moment i’m using A/F, mainly just to help recharge my life force.

Skill Slot wise for PvE i’ve got WoS, BiP and Suffer for a second condi removal. I’m not sure about BiP (though i like that it’s a AoE boon now!) because i find when in shroud my might stacks fairly quickly anyway. I was thinking for PvP maybe swap WoS for “Nothing Can Save You”, so i can pop it before entering shroud and making me unblockable for a time while boon stripping. Maybe WoD instead of BiP to help prevent retaliation?

For the Elite skill i’ve got “Chilled to the Bone” just becaus i do more damage to frozen enemies.

Bottom line is i’ve no idea what i’m doing anymore

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

I’ve found D/WH to be more useful in terms of damage and sustain. Axe still doesn’t deals enough damage and you’re better off taking out targets than constantly regenerating lifeforce, as you won’t need it much in Open World PVE.

If you’re however interested in Fractals, your first and foremost challenge will be convincing the random that a Reaper is worth it on their party once you start playing T4 and superior…

I’ll be honest to you, I love reaper, but there’s no current way to dish out lots of damage on Power; specially against bosses. Your main damage dealing source comes from Execute spamming once the target is below 50% HP, and Dragonhunters and Daredevils with minimum expertize will outdamage you.

I know you don’t care about the Meta, but you’ll have to face it first and understand you won’t be dealing the damage other classes do no matter what you build on yourself, thus just enjoy whatever you wanna do. Reaper is an amazing class for Open World content, areguably the most survivable and less dependant on events.

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

I’ve found D/WH to be more useful in terms of damage and sustain. Axe still doesn’t deals enough damage and you’re better off taking out targets than constantly regenerating lifeforce, as you won’t need it much in Open World PVE.

If you’re however interested in Fractals, your first and foremost challenge will be convincing the random that a Reaper is worth it on their party once you start playing T4 and superior…

I’ll be honest to you, I love reaper, but there’s no current way to dish out lots of damage on Power; specially against bosses. Your main damage dealing source comes from Execute spamming once the target is below 50% HP, and Dragonhunters and Daredevils with minimum expertize will outdamage you.

I know you don’t care about the Meta, but you’ll have to face it first and understand you won’t be dealing the damage other classes do no matter what you build on yourself, thus just enjoy whatever you wanna do. Reaper is an amazing class for Open World content, areguably the most survivable and less dependant on events.

If you are better off taking out targets than thats an argument for GS, not D/wh.

As for fractals, most groups don’t care tbh. I doubt the people who constantly say this ever actually play t4 fractals.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kZTolGsmGwxGg9GsULYUjh5Q1KuLOGXjQJgAwMA-TxRBABXt/o87hDBgZKBL/EAgn+AKV/BgnAAA-e

This was my open world shroud build.
If you want to try it swap Unholy Fervor for Chill of Death after reaching 25 cruelty stack and camp greatsword while in shroud.

Wells are great to recharge your shroud’s skill with Reaper’s Onslaught, but you must be in shroud and don’t casting your move if you want it recharged, sometimes stow the weapon to recharge Soul Spiral before mob’s death.
Good leeching sustain via whirl and life force generation via “Your Soul Is Mine!”

When i enter shroud my crit goes up to 85%, plus i have decimate defenses to add more % with vuln stacks.

Vuln stacking the enemy while Might stacking myself is another thing i’m going for.

I’ve been trying out Reapers Onslaught but i’ve noticed my survivability drop considerably because i dropped Blighters Boon. I don’t really know if it was a good tradeoff.

If you are after sustain your shroud you must pick Chilling Victory: You gain 1% life force while striking chilled foes. If you use a multi hitting ability like Ghastly Claw or Death Spiral your might and life force will ramp up very quickly!
If you go full berserker you’ll have 50% base crit chance, 100% thanks to Death Perception, so it’s time saved from stacking vulnerability to achieve 100% crit chance.

For the vulnerability stacking.. if you manage to kill things before reaching 25 stack you’re doing a great job

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Do you pug t4s much? Almost all the elitism has gone. I run power necro (gs, a/f -spite blood reaper) and have never had anyone comment on my ability or damage. As for 100 mote, I’m fine with doing the damage check on #2 boss.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Dagger became flawed on Tuesday’s patch and axe became stronger.

For a power build, I recommend axe-something and greatsword. Spite, Soul, Reaping, Reaper. Full zerker with strength or Scholar runes.

Drop BiP. Greatsword will give plenty of might with CV and BB. Run shouts, instead, keeping one slot to switch between SotL and SoS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Run shouts

Wells are infinity better than shouts in PVE

in Necromancer

Verdis.8472

Is WoS at all viable in PvP. I remember a few years running dagger i could use Dark Pact to keep people in place, but without that ability i’m not sure if there’s much point in any wells whatsoever…

Does Death Magic have any viability? I recall there being a trait that increase power based on toughness as well as Unholy Sanctuary for sustain. Or should i not be looking at healing myself and instead at avoiding damage altogether via blinds like GS4 and WoD? Thanks for all the replies so far btw!

in Necromancer

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

https://youtu.be/2mj20SB3p7U

Watch my first video and the ones after and see if u like my build. My own creation and i still enjoy it

in Necromancer

Verdis.8472

https://youtu.be/2mj20SB3p7U

Watch my first video and the ones after and see if u like my build. My own creation and i still enjoy it

Oooooh this really interesting! Couple of questions though. I’m tempted to switch out Necromantic Corruption for Deadly Strength, and also Augery of Death for Chilling Nova to aid might stacking. Any thoughts on this? Also Death Perception instead of Foot in the Grave because that would give me 100% crit chance in shroud. I tend to pop shroud3 upon entering which grants stability anyway.

EDIT: I’m starting to see the amazing advantage Augery gives you. My only concern would be that if i’m not fighting a group then the benefits are lackuster, and if i am fighting a group i’m dead anyway (in PvP)

(edited by Verdis.8472)

in Necromancer

miguelsil.6324

I ll be on in a few hours. Pm me at my char Migueis anf i ll explain my build with details. Im. Driving home from vacations and will take me 4hours more

in Necromancer

Verdis.8472

Bro, this build’s awesome! I’m actually holding my own soloing HoT hero points and group events. What stat type do you use? I’m assuming not Berserker.

(edited by Verdis.8472)

in Necromancer

miguelsil.6324

Bro, this build’s awesome! I’m actually holding my own soloing HoT hero points and group events. What stat type do you use? I’m assuming not Berserker.

Berserker gear. Link is on video some mara trinkets shpuld be fine