I'd like Life Blast...

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xehanort.4589

Xehanort.4589

…to be a projectile finisher. It’s on a 1 sec cast time, i think it deserves it. Also the only projectile finisher its the staff one and we need more finishers for the number of fields we have. Having both fields and finishers make the combat more dynamic like the leementalist.

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

We have projectile finishers with bone fiend and the flesh wurm.

But regardless I agree that Life Blast should be a projectile finisher (20%).

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

I want it to bounce with percentage decreasing damage and small amouts of life force for each target bounced. We can’t use utilities in DS anyway so we are left with anything a single weapon bar. Am I asking too much?

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

…to be a projectile finisher. It’s on a 1 sec cast time, i think it deserves it. Also the only projectile finisher its the staff one and we need more finishers for the number of fields we have. Having both fields and finishers make the combat more dynamic like the leementalist.

Want finishers? Get friendly with minions. 3x Blast finishers, 3x projectile finishers.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Why can’t we have reliable field/finisher in our weapons……..? Like guardian GS.

In wvw
Commander: Stack! Combo!
Zerg put fire field on floor
I follow and put putrid mark under my feet………..cry

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Generally speaking, a class tends to get their combos and finishers from the same source. Guardians and Eles get both on weapon sets, whereas Necromancers and Engineers get them from utility skills.

My PvP Minion Build

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

We have projectile finishers with bone fiend and the flesh wurm.

But regardless I agree that Life Blast should be a projectile finisher (20%).

I think, 100% is fine.

1.Very slow attack-rate.
2.Life blast is part of our class mechanic; it should be something special, not just a normal auto-attack.
3.compared to other finishers, projectile-finishers arent that powerful anyway.
4.It IS a kittening projectile, can be reflected etc….

Want finishers? Get friendly with minions. 3x Blast finishers, 3x projectile finishers.

Whats your point? I guess you simply felt the urge to mention minions again somewhere? :P

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Bhawb

Whats your point? I guess you simply felt the urge to mention minions again somewhere? :P

Minions really are a great source of finishers. That said, I really wish the Necromancer had finishers that weren’t on minions, because right now they basically don’t.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Also the only projectile finisher its the staff one and we need more finishers for the number of fields we have. Having both fields and finishers make the combat more dynamic like the leementalist.

OP complains about us not having enough finishers, I point out the fact that we actually have quite a few of them, on very low CDs: 16-20s for 2x Blast finishers that can self combo with Death Nova, about 3 seconds per 2x Projectile finisher from Bone Fiend, about 3-4 seconds per projectile finisher from Flesh Wurm (both 100% chance).

Its not like we lack finishers, people just don’t want to use the finishers we have.

My PvP Minion Build

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

natsos.3692

Bhawb its not like people don’t want to use them, not everybody plays MM.
As they spread stun breakers, I believe they should spread the finishers also, we have one on spectral, few on minions, and none on corruption.
Yeah it doesn’t make much sense to place a finisher on corruption utilities, but we really need them to be more spread since we don’t have a lot.

Edit: On a side note, I still don’t get why Unholy Feast is not a blast finisher. It wouldn’t hurt that much, it would actually get as closer to the “attrition” proffesion since we could use it to spread easier Weakness and Blind with our -a lot- fields.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

(edited by natsos.3692)

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

We have no combo finishers on spectrals, signets, or curruptions. Wells are all combo fields (so of course, no finishers). Minions are the only utilities that have finishers.

On weapons, we have one field and one finisher, both on staff. Underwater is a different story with at least two finishers per weapon, but most don’t count that.

I would really like Life Blast having a 100% projectile finisher. It would at least give us the ability to generate Confusion without RNG.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

OH Dagger 4 should be a projectile finisher, OH Dagger 5 should be a blast finisher. Scepter 2 should be a blast finisher. Focus 4 should be a projectile finisher. Deathshroud 4 should be a whirl finisher. Deathshroud 2 should be a leap finisher (when teleporting). Deathshroud 1 should be a 20% projectile finisher. Axe 3 should be a blast finisher.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

natsos.3692

We have no combo finishers on spectrals,

Strange, I had the impression that spectral grasp was a projectile finisher, how did I miss that..
One of our wells could be a blast finisher(suffering for example), that would blast once, when you use it.
Why do we need 4 dark fields on our wells anyway..?

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

OH Dagger 5 should be a blast finisher.

This would be epic

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Bhawb its not like people don’t want to use them, not everybody plays MM.
As they spread stun breakers, I believe they should spread the finishers also, we have one on spectral, few on minions, and none on corruption.
Yeah it doesn’t make much sense to place a finisher on corruption utilities, but we really need them to be more spread since we don’t have a lot.

Edit: On a side note, I still don’t get why Unholy Feast is not a blast finisher. It wouldn’t hurt that much, it would actually get as closer to the “attrition” proffesion since we could use it to spread easier Weakness and Blind with our -a lot- fields.

You aren’t a Corruption build by bringing Corrupt Boon. You don’t become a well build by bringing well of suffering. Bringing Signet of Undeath does not make you a signet build. You can not bring them for other completely legitimate reasons, and even say that we should do things about that, but bringing bone minions does not make you an MM.

My PvP Minion Build

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I also feel to add to my earlier post that Plague Form should be a mobile Combo Field. Lich should have a Proj finisher on 1, and a blast finisher on 5. Oh, and perhaps Warhorn 5 could be a whirl finisher, but that’d be asking for way too much right there, it being 10+ seconds and all.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Steven K C.6731

Steven K C.6731

You aren’t a Corruption build by bringing Corrupt Boon. You don’t become a well build by bringing well of suffering. Bringing Signet of Undeath does not make you a signet build. You can not bring them for other completely legitimate reasons, and even say that we should do things about that, but bringing bone minions does not make you an MM.

This is a true and valid point, I think the reason he said not everyone plays MM in responce to your post is becuase all the combo finishers you suggested were minon skills and the trait was a GM death magic trait mostly used for minion builds. I know you were just suggesting them but that’s just how i saw it.

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Sorry, I don’t mean for the post to be misunderstood. I wanted to list out all the possibilities (and the fact that minions actually self-combo as well). I don’t mean to say that you should bring a full MM build, but if you are looking for finishers, you are going to need to turn to minions.

I honestly feel the problem is not the lack of finishers, but its the fact that our combo fields to finish on top of are really lack luster. It is really fun to have Bone Minions blow up for some ridiculous poison times (over 30s), or get the big damage buff from using a dark field and the ranged minions, but when people think finishers, they are wanting Engineer’s ability to self combo water fields for huge healing, or fire fields for might stacks.

My PvP Minion Build

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

OH Dagger 4 should be a projectile finisher, OH Dagger 5 should be a blast finisher. Scepter 2 should be a blast finisher. Focus 4 should be a projectile finisher. Deathshroud 4 should be a whirl finisher. Deathshroud 2 should be a leap finisher (when teleporting). Deathshroud 1 should be a 20% projectile finisher. Axe 3 should be a blast finisher.

I am not aware of the other classes but do they have any leap finishers on teleporting abilities? Or are all of the leap finishers actually leaps? I’m asking this since DS#2 is a teleport.

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Mesmers have two teleport-leaps: one on staff, one on sword.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Mesmers have two teleport-leaps: one on staff, one on sword.

Then we should have a leap finisher on our DS#2, yeah.

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

At the very least, I’d like for them to look at giving us more/different combo fields/finishers, even if it turns out that it doesn’t work from a balance perspective.

My PvP Minion Build

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

natsos.3692

Sorry, I don’t mean for the post to be misunderstood. I wanted to list out all the possibilities (and the fact that minions actually self-combo as well). I don’t mean to say that you should bring a full MM build, but if you are looking for finishers, you are going to need to turn to minions.

I honestly feel the problem is not the lack of finishers, but its the fact that our combo fields to finish on top of are really lack luster. It is really fun to have Bone Minions blow up for some ridiculous poison times (over 30s), or get the big damage buff from using a dark field and the ranged minions, but when people think finishers, they are wanting Engineer’s ability to self combo water fields for huge healing, or fire fields for might stacks.

Yeah I pretty much meant that it looks kinda unfair that we have to turn to minions for any real finisher.

As for the wells, we could trade 1 of our (4)dark wells for one more ethereal right?

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

As for the wells, we could trade 1 of our (4)dark wells for one more ethereal right?

Or maybe turn Well of Darkness into a smoke field, just to confuse everyone with the naming. Also, invisible necromancers! What could possibly go wrong?

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

natsos.3692

I am so glad we have people like you on these forums Softspoken.
You really think that ALL of our utility wells should be dark fields?
Anyway this is getting off topic,some people really need to grow up a bit more.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I do think we need more combo field diversity, imo.

My PvP Minion Build

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

I’d rather have it a 3/4s cast time and keep it the way it is. Or if its 1s transfer 1 condi per shot.

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

I am so glad we have people like you on these forums Softspoken.
You really think that ALL of our utility wells should be dark fields?
Anyway this is getting off topic,some people really need to grow up a bit more.

I’d say you’re welcome, but I’m betting that’s sarcastic. [/Ace Detective! ]
I actually don’t think all our utility wells should be the same type! I just thought it was an opportunity for confusing word play to make the only well that had the word ‘Dark’ in its name to not be a Dark field. Plus I just think invisible necromancers is an inherently funny idea, much like invisible warriors or guardians. They just aren’t, you know? Doesn’t really fit.
But while I apologize for going off topic, (Life Blast, having that condition transfer per shot on land would be pretty great ArenaNet!) I’m sad to find out that light humour isn’t allowed, apparently. I mean if I tried to take myself any more seriously on this board I would probably spend most of my time internet-yelling at people, and nobody has the time or interest required for that.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

natsos.3692

Light humor is more than allowed at least for me, but that’s not how I received your reply,it looked very bad and disrespectful, if that was not your intention, then sorry, we had a misunderstood.

On topic, we really need anything close to cleave, that’s why I have suggested a bounce on life blast(with damage decreasing like 45% each bounce)

We can’t achieve the damage of warrior/mesmer/thief or pretty much any other proffesion with our auto attack(except dagger), even engineers have a strong piercing damaging shot on their rifle auto attack(while HGH spam is the best aoe auto attack).

We have no auto attack that hits more than 1 target.
I know we have staff, but it is not reliable at all, it is slow casting, slow moving, and the damage is medium.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

I'd like Life Blast...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

I would really really love if Spectral Wall combo’d easier and Marks were blast finishers again. I’m sure the amount of Chaos Armor would could produce wouldn’t be OP.. Right?

But really though, we lack diversity for sure. Poison fields out the butt. Maybe we’ll love them when we get the weakness buff?