I feel that Necro might be as The beloved Magus

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goliathus el Raven.5740

Goliathus el Raven.5740

Necro might be as the Magus in Warhammer.

You play it you like somthing in his playstyle and u see it is kinda week but i still have a need to play it .

Mine is level 14 and i have no idea what are the builds .

Please point me up one good power and 1 good condition build and with wich weapons are they played . And also what build for WWW ?

Do u feel necro in GW2 as the old Magus ? Too bad Arenanet are lazy with this class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

Never played Warhammer but most condition builds use scepter/dagger and staff. For skills you’d want Consume Conditions for healing, and Blood is Power, Plague Signet, Epidemic and Plague Form for elite. If you spend a lot of time 1v1ing then Epidemic may not be so useful. I use Locust Signet for speed boost a lot but you can use Spite Signet as well.

As for WvW you’d probably want skills like Corrupt Boon or Well of Corruption. Works particularly well against Warriors and Guardians.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQJhwMLyoppxwlAgesruOHfAZA Would be my recommendation for the absolute must for a Power build.

Weapon depends on what you want more, Axe is much better range but Dagger is more damage.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

If only we and our spells looked as sexy haha. =p

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Scepter/Dagger with second weapon staff. Corruption utilites with plague elite for condition in a 20/30/0/0/20 (Fear of Death and Master of Terror do help out a nice chunk with boss fights, not just pvp as i found out)
Direct damage would be Dagger/warhorn with second weapon staff again. Well utilites with lich or golem (depends on fight and if you want to bother with re summoning the golem and massive aggro pulls he does) and at least 20/0/0/20/20 (the last 10 depend on what line you like the most).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: QSpec.4298

QSpec.4298

I mained a Magus in Warhammer.

I also started WoW (super early out of beta) as a Lock which was broken UP. I quit that a few months before they got broken OP, and I rolled a shadow priest… when they were broken UP (and not allowed in groups).

I have also mained a psionicist in Allods ( when it was the suck). Finally, I was inches from rolling a Mesmer, but I went Necro instead. So I’m sorry.

tl;dr Mesmers were almost the weakest class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

We wouldn’t have been smashing 5 to 1 odds without our magus. If you’re gonna be a one trick pony it might as well be the targetting system for a thermonuclear device, right?

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nekroseth.5186

Nekroseth.5186

“If only we and our spells looked as sexy haha. =p”

Agreed. If the current nekromancer would be as well designed as Warhammer’s Magus is in lore and skills i would propably still play it.
Why did Anet have to play the : Uhh i redesign the classical nekro to something fresh and new
And many players got dissapointed REALLY BADLY after waiting kittening 5 years for a class they remade to something they pictured.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

if only my necro would be at least half as cool as my magus used to be
Hope we won`t have to wait for the necro fixes as much as we did for the magus to get fixed (i dont think it ever did get fixed actually).

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Although magus might have been pretty ‘meh’, it definately had some major style. The spell effects looks awesome as hell, and since their dmg was so weak and they had so many dots you really got the pleasure of watching all those pretty, pretty numbers.

Not to mention they actually had some more interesting dot spells, for us, especially since the way the game runs on “conditions” every condition spell is pretty much the same. =/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Will.4165

Will.4165

This is the major problem with most MMOs now have. In the spirit of keeping everything balanced and fair a lot of really unique spells are lost in the sauce. Dots are equal to everyone profession so you don’t really feel the uniqueness of the class. When that happens, classes that are not as well designed (Necro vs thief) suffer a huge lose in numbers are people switch to other classes as their mains. The best example i could give you is eq1, playing an enchanter. by myself i wasn’t all that great, low damage, no healing, and no run speed. But i did have unique spells like mez, levitate, illusions, charm, haste, crack etc… Those skills were so different from a lot of other classes that you would keep playing the class even if they weren’t as powerful as another.

Honestly this isn’t a GW2 problem, its a new generation of MMOs problem. Everyone wants everything now, fast and completely balanced.

Lastly, has anyone noticed that they have not released a “Buff” for any single class yet? The only thing i have seen are bug fixes and nerfs. So it seems to me they are actually doing the right thing by taking their time and gathering sufficient data before implementing a “Buff”. But what do i know, i quit playing my necro 1 week after getting him to 80 in favor of a FOTM thief, so ya. I’m that guy!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

I mained a Magus in Warhammer.

I also started WoW (super early out of beta) as a Lock which was broken UP. I quit that a few months before they got broken OP, and I rolled a shadow priest… when they were broken UP (and not allowed in groups).

I have also mained a psionicist in Allods ( when it was the suck). Finally, I was inches from rolling a Mesmer, but I went Necro instead. So I’m sorry.

tl;dr Mesmers were almost the weakest class.

WOOHOO someone who played allods.

psionicist is the most OP class on that game now.

But necro is basically strong in PvE, teh suxxors in PvP, OKAY in WvW, and if you’re not rocking a staff with scepter/dagger or staff with dagger/dagger, your damage will be teh suxxors or your health bar will cry for child protective services.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

Except at least u could use magus for rift bombing. They also had a multiplier for sorc damage (corporeal debuff? or spirit debuff?) which could make sorcs do crazy damage if I remember correct. Agree that they sucked tho BUT there was a reason to take them in a group/wb

Like qspec I was also thinking about rolling a mesmer. But I was like no, they are very buggy, got many useless traits, and their mechanic is a gimmick which can be shut down with aoe. [their utilities were always good tho outside of mantras which i personally hate]. Necro had been OP->UP->OP->UP etc in beta so I rolled that but they have turned out fairly meh. I thought they would be overpowered due to the second hp bar. That turned out well for me lol. Actually I still hate mesmer for pve.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MysticoN.5068

MysticoN.5068

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQJhwMLyoppxwlAgesruOHfAZA Would be my recommendation for the absolute must for a Power build.

Weapon depends on what you want more, Axe is much better range but Dagger is more damage.

Hmm, care to explaine abit?

Curious why you decided that well of corruption, warhorn and lich form is so needed for a power build.

MysticoN – 80 Necro
Draci – 80 Guardian ( on hold)
-Far Silverpeak-

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ahmon.1730

Ahmon.1730

Magus had powerful group utility, though. Very dangerous if played well in RvR, at least.

(edited by Ahmon.1730)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anshard.3489

Anshard.3489

Awww, my old Magus. I loved Magus, and went through several stages of general UPness, then they nerfed ALL AE dmg by 30%-40% and Magus became completely useless, lol.

Btw, ANet, never do a universal dmg nerf.