I feel weak (Running a power build)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stangboy.7961

Stangboy.7961

So I recently hit 80 and have been running CoF to try and get gear to build towards my power glass cannon build. While it has been fun, I can`t help but feel a bit weak. My axe #2 hits on average for about 2.8k-3.5k and that is when I have used Blood is Power and Reapers Touch, as well as buffing myself with 6 might from DS.

I am wearing berzerker rares.

Can someone help me with what I am doing wrong?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Godless.1857

Godless.1857

I would recommend nemesis glass cannon video – it’s a little long, but well worth a watch:

in Necromancer

Stangboy.7961

That is the build I am running actually. I just am working towards it and kinda feel underpowered compared to other people in my group.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

axe 2 should hit for more than that if you’re full glass cannon.
in my bunker build my ghastly claws hit for 4-5k on level 80 mobs

what are your life blasts hitting for?

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Necromancer

Posted by: Enferian.2705

Enferian.2705

I am wearing berzerker rares.

There is a pretty big difference between rares and exotics. It will get much better once u get the proper gear i think

in Necromancer

Stangboy.7961

axe 2 should hit for more than that if you’re full glass cannon.
in my bunker build my ghastly claws hit for 4-5k on level 80 mobs

what are your life blasts hitting for?

My life blast hits for about 2k.

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

The key to deal proper damage as a powermancer is having both Close to Death and Axe Training.
With not even full berserker exotics (half knight half zerker) I’m capable to hit 6k+ on Life Blast easily. I think that with full berserker, you’ll be able to hit even more.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hakkology.3189

Hakkology.3189

Hello.

Just keep getting more exotics. Under very good conditions, my Ghastly Claws hits up to 15k and Life Blast hits up to 9k. On average, life blast hits 5k-6k, ghastly claws 8k-11k. Keep getting more might, and stack vulnerabilities at the same time with all the damage boost you can get (potions, food etc).

Don’t forget to use gems or might duration runes will also increase your dps on your exotics. Just don’t pay for them for your rare gear.

I still think its nowhere close to a zerker warrior, but it does the trick most of the time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

rare gear is your problem like said. get exos then ascended it’s really really big difference especially when dealing with crit % stats.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Necromancer

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Hello.

Just keep getting more exotics. Under very good conditions, my Ghastly Claws hits up to 15k and Life Blast hits up to 9k. On average, life blast hits 5k-6k, ghastly claws 8k-11k. Keep getting more might, and stack vulnerabilities at the same time with all the damage boost you can get (potions, food etc).

Don’t forget to use gems or might duration runes will also increase your dps on your exotics. Just don’t pay for them for your rare gear.

I still think its nowhere close to a zerker warrior, but it does the trick most of the time.

This. These are the numbers I see out of my ‘Zerker necro, and it’s not quite fully geared out yet (still need a few ascended items).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I hit for 5K on Life blast in my power necro, and the only zerker parts are the trinkets.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Then go play a Ranger.
They have OP Power builds I hear.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Necromancer

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

You feel weak bc you’re in rares. The difference between rares and exotics is huge.

Even just buying lvl 78 exotics on the TP is cheap and WAY better than any rare you can get.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Just run more cof for the gear. And use a dagger like a real man.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You most likely feel weak because …

- as everyone said, yellow gear is a bit weaker
- As you said, this is COF, and I can’t be psychic but I’m guessing people are skipping mobs, leaving you behind, and in a bad spot? Get a swiftness skill somewhere (Warhorn, Locust Signet, Spectral Walk, Quickening thirst with dual daggers). Moving faster also is a pretty big advantage when fighting too.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DrArmature.4619

DrArmature.4619

So if it’s pretty certain that dagger is more dps then where does axe’s niche lie? It certainly isn’t from the boon removal, and with organized groups that vuln stack doesn’t make any difference. >.>

~Necromonger: “Where we learn one pain can lessen another”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berner.7289

Berner.7289

So if it’s pretty certain that dagger is more dps then where does axe’s niche lie? It certainly isn’t from the boon removal, and with organized groups that vuln stack doesn’t make any difference. >.>

With the Axe Mastery trait, you can bump your axe damage into close competition with dagger. Dagger still wins thanks to the superior auto-attack, but it closes the gap considerably. Not to mention, axe has a pretty hard-hitting PBAOE on #3 — something not available with dagger main-hand.

More importantly, Axe Mastery will juice your Death Shroud damage as well, if you are wielding the axe when you enter Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: rumm.1932

rumm.1932

Just used badges of honor to buy 4/6 pieces of exotic zerker armor and I can tell a large difference between full rare and mostly exotic zerker gear.

The Axe is a useful weapon because you can generate life force quickly with it and increase damage in death shroud. You can also kite with Axe/focus fairly well keeping up chill on a single target then an AoE cripple, allowing for you kite easily.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Since we are discussing PVE builds. What are everyone’s thoughts on Nemsis’ Glass cannon build compared to a hybrid build like this: http://tinyurl.com/lgjlch6 ?

It seems to me that the glass cannon build doesn’t have quite as much AOE power compared to the hybrid build although it may have more single target damage (But it’s hard to tell with all the bleeds ticking).

in Necromancer

rumm.1932

Axe 3, well of suffering, warhorn 5, DS 4, in that order is powerful. That is a strong melee AoE combo. I use well of power for my stun breaker so that is another. DS5, life blast (when traited), and Focus 4 (kind of stretching it). You have quite a few AoE options.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Axe 3, well of suffering, warhorn 5, DS 4, in that order is powerful. That is a strong melee AoE combo. I use well of power for my stun breaker so that is another. DS5, life blast (when traited), and Focus 4 (kind of stretching it). You have quite a few AoE options.

Yes but you can do the same exact thing plus BiP & Epidemic with a hybrid spec.

in Necromancer

rumm.1932

It won’t hit nearly as hard in a hybrid build. I have 100% crit chance in DS, and I have at a minimum 80% more crit damage. The amount of raw damage I could put out compared to the damage you could within that time period wouldn’t be comparable. I would be criting every second I am in DS for every hit multiple a second thanks to warhorn, well, and life transfer. I would also be dealing more damage due to the fact that I have more power. To pull off the same combo as myself you would have to give up too many important things to a hybrid necro such as epidemic or the signet or BiP, I could run BiP also increasing damage.

I would crit upwards of 3 times a sec for 3ish seconds for at least 2 times what you would hit for.

Sustained AoE, the hybrid build is better at but the power build has plenty of AoE that would hit harder. Nemesis even covers the AoE part in his build video.