I keep coming back to this forum..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

My Necromancer was my first level 80. I love playing him. Then I got a Guardian and Thief to 80, and couldn’t go back to Necromancer.

Every now and then, I continue to just check out this forum, hoping to find some good news about the Necro. No luck at all.

Is anyone else the same? A former Necromancer player, but continues to check this forum every now and then to see if there’s any updates?

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

I didn’t want to choose the other classes because I always see them, especially the so called Godly trinity (Mesmer, Thief, Guardian), but I mained an engineer and I do the same thing. All well, I know in the future they will eventually buff us, and I am going to have both!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I’m kind of the opposite really. I can’t seem to be able to give up this class no matter how hard I try. My first level 80 was a necromancer. Deleted it because I was disgusted with the state of the class. Leveled a warrior to 80. Got bored of how one dimensional that class is. Leveled a new necromancer to 80. Played that for a while, but became frustrated at how easy conditions are removed in PVP. Went back to warrior for a bit. Remembered why I stopped playing the warrior. Leveled an engineer to 64. Got sick of spamming 1 over and over (Seriously, kitten kits. What a class design clusterkitten that is. Interesting concept, horrible implementation). Played my necromancer again for a bit. Remembered why condition builds are terrible in PVP. Leveled a thief to 80 exclusively in WvW. Got bored of how easy it was to face roll everything in PVP (C&D backstab 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 win OHGODWTFDIDTHATZERGCOMEFROMSHADOWREFUGELOLCANTFINDMEGETAWAYSCOTTFREE). Went back to necromancer. FINALLY decided to give a power build a try. Realized I totally underestimated power builds on a necro, and they aren’t as bad as I thought. In fact they’re pretty kitten awesome.

For the last month I’ve been trying various power based builds, trying to find my niche. I’ve build up 5 different sets of gear. ATM, I’m experimenting with a hybrid build that was posted on these forums. DPS is downright amazing in PVE, and a hell of a lot of fun being able to condition spam and burst at the same time. However, the build suffers from the same problem as condition builds do in PVP.

Now if only the class balance philosophy ANet envisioned for necromancers was actually in effect in this game.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I’m the same OP, except that my first character was a Mesmer (which I guess could be considered my main). But my next interest was the Necromancer so I made a new character to play that, except that Necro’s are really gimped. I’d really like to play it further and I keep coming to the Necro forum to find some good news, but alas, none at all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

I’m kind of the opposite really.

Same. Been playing Necro since GW1 beta and I can’t get over it. -_-

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

I’m in the same boat as OP. I stopped playing GW2 just before the Halloween event, but came back for it and stopped playing again when it finished.

I’ve tried a few other professions and occasionally log in and gain a level or two on one of them, but having a hard time getting back into the game. My Necro was the only class I actually really enjoyed, maybe it’s just because I have a hard time repeating PvE content I’ve already done, and because all my friends stopped playing. Levelling solo can be pretty dull.

I probably won’t be logging any real time until there are some major bug fixes/profession overhauls for the Necro. I will however keep checking the Necro forums daily, and posting occasionally.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

I can’t just get the same satisfaction out of other classes no matter how much is wrong with the nercro.
I adore the playstyle and general concept but the implementation leaves a lot to be desired especially when we cannot build anything like their stated vision of the profession.
I keep coming back to these places hoping beyond hope that some epiphany has occurred and the devs see the light.
After having a LONG career in systems design, auditing and governance compliance I see a lot wrong with what we get; both in terms of what’s delivered in the game and also the treatment of us as paying clients. Both need to be addressed if the game is to succeed as we all want it to.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

I’m with levian. Sadly, my whole guild silently phased away from GW2.

Anet does not realize that yeah, sure there is a minority speaking out on the forums, but in all of the guild’s vent servers, guild chat.. etc.

people are leaving. They’re not interested in grindy overblown holiday events. They want fixes. They want balanced fun. They want to play without having half the time being rage-quittable frustration.

While I can’t help myself from running numbers, keeping updated, testing things in PvP once and a while, and stress testing PvE builds in Orr (There’s a small crypt east of one of the waypoints in cursed shore that bugs a fence corner and stacks about 12-20 spectral juggernauts) and I like to see if the necro comes out with new tricks to decimate large groups of foes.

But its a novelty. I like being updated, I enjoy discussing things in this forum, I enjoy helping players (and try to stay unbiased, trust me, its hard for everyone but i try)

but most of the people i know just stopped playing GW2 indefinitely.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Yeah all my friends quit playing too. Guild Wars 2 turned out not to be the MMO Messiah after all… :/