I knew it, we are gonna be OP

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Watching the stream duels, and the signet build, all I can say is we are going to thrash every other condi class.
Our number of condi transfers is really insane.
None of the other classes’ condi builds are going to survive us.

boon stacking classes also need to prepare to cry with the number of boon to condi conversions our signets throw out.

WE ARE THE STRONGEST!!!!

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Mallyx revenant says hi.

obey me

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mauvs.1605

Mauvs.1605

Just us will get the capacity to kill ourselves. One live in exchange of another live i think

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Watching the stream duels, and the signet build, all I can say is we are going to thrash every other condi class.

boon stacking classes also need to prepare to cry with the number of boon to condi conversions our signets throw out.

WE ARE THE STRONGEST!!!!

Aaand there goes the hardcore troll again.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

WE ARE THE STRONGEST!!!!

Aaand there goes the hardcore troll again.

in what way is my post trollish? I meant everything I said. Going the signet line, we are going to suppress every other class’ condi build. We are going to suppress boon stacking builds.

I don’t troll my own class necros.

And in fact I don’t even troll other classes. I call for nerfs on skills/classes I feel are too strong, I pit class vs class to see what others feel about those class matchups. I don’t think that’s trolling.

Some ppl take those posts negatively and I understand I may have written some very crudely, but really I don’t think it warrants all these ‘hate’ posts in almost all my threads.

and I have never insulted someone unlike some other poster out there.

Again I am sorry if my posts had offended anyone but I never meant that.

I honestly meant my posts to encourage more thinking and discussion though some were very crudely written and I admit sometimes I put ‘catchy’ titles to engage more readers.

But I never meant any offense and I am sorry if I caused any.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Taiyetos.3260

Taiyetos.3260

Mallyx revenant says hi.

Boon corruption says bye to your resistance.

FA

in Necromancer

skowcia.8257

Mallyx revenant says hi.

Go ahead, i will get my resistance back up in 2 seconds. Embrance the darkness can be casted endlessly in/out as you wish, granting you basically perma resistance, so what if you corrupt my 2sec of resistance when i get it back up in 1sec?

Do you have enough boon strip to keep up?

obey me

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

WE ARE THE STRONGEST!!!!

yes i thought the same after i saw some good necro duels on the test server. i dont really like it because its signets and easy mode but yeah were op

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fhenrir.5297

Fhenrir.5297

Mallyx revenant says hi.

Go ahead, i will get my resistance back up in 2 seconds. Embrance the darkness can be casted endlessly in/out as you wish, granting you basically perma resistance, so what if you corrupt my 2sec of resistance when i get it back up in 1sec?

It’s not exactly like you can spam it as many times as you want. Energy will play a big role here.

in Necromancer

skowcia.8257

Mallyx revenant says hi.

It’s not exactly like you can spam it as many times as you want. Energy will play a big role here.

Embrance the darkness has no energy cost. Its an upkeep skill (which drains energy olny if you stay in this form), in which case if you keep casting it in/out you will stay at 100% energy. I have played in “closed beta” and tested it.

People missunderstand the concept behing Mallyx either way. Resistance is not there to tank conditions like a boss, its just there to nullify a bit of incoming damage and reduce the harm done to yourself. Any mallyx rev stacking resistance is asking to get rekt by 1 boonstrip. There will be a huge gap between noob and pro.

obey me

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

I thought you recently said on the PvP forums that after the patch we will be the worst class?

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fhenrir.5297

Fhenrir.5297

Mallyx revenant says hi.

Embrance the darkness has no energy cost. Its an upkeep skill (which drains energy olny if you stay in this form), in which case if you keep casting it in/out you will stay at 100% energy. I have played in “closed beta” and tested it.

People missunderstand the concept behing Mallyx either way. Resistance is not there to tank conditions like a boss, its just there to nullify a bit of incoming damage and reduce the harm done to yourself. Any mallyx rev stacking resistance is asking to get rekt by 1 boonstrip. There will be a huge gap between noob and pro.

My bad, sounds fun actually.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Taiyetos.3260

Taiyetos.3260

Mallyx revenant says hi.

Like you say it is not about removing the resistance, for a reaper it is about applying more chill.

FA

in Necromancer

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The condi tranfers might be insane, what do you do when the other doesnt give you any? Hit with that 100 damage bleed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

And what do we do in pve? Stack our 15 stacks of bleeds doing 1800 dmg with a 25 second ramp up while others are stacking 4-7k dmg per second with a 4 second ramp up?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odeezee.7362

Odeezee.7362

WE ARE THE STRONGEST!!!!

if you are talking about Karl dueling people new to the new patch then NO, Necros will not be strong after this patch. just wait ’til other professions learn their builds and you will see just how garbage we are going to be.

you guys keep setting yourselves up for a massive fall with rhetoric like this. Necro is trash tier yet again, this time only fast as we can now kill ourselves!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sketch.3658

Sketch.3658

WE ARE THE STRONGEST!!!!

Nos was cancelcasting signets to build more might than should be possible faster than possible while keeping his passives. And Chaith had no idea what build Nos was using and therefore had no idea how to counter it.

I am not going to base my perceptions based on one streamers first encounter with an unknown build and a game glitch that will be rectified almost immediately.

it is the people that cry Op without being levelheaded and taking all factors into account that get a class nerfed in beta and kept nerfed for 3 years. You think you are helping Necros, but you are just as bad as the people screaming that the sky is falling. You have no objectivity. You are completely and hopelessly biased. Thats why some people think, probably wrongfully so, that you are a troll.

(edited by Sketch.3658)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Mallyx revenant says hi.

Embrace the Darkness does cost 5 energy, but more than that, it has a 1 second cast time. If you’re spamming it for Resistance, you really aren’t doing much of anything else.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

I always thought that the only way condi necros can be competitive is through more boon corruptions and Cindy transfer, while almost everyone was crying for survivability buffs. THIS is how it should be: no insane condi application per se, but rather strong condition manipulation.

We will se how things play out. Right now condi burst with burning seems just generally far to strong. Saying that the 8k burning ticks cannot be pulled off in pvp is not true: firstly, it should be consistently doable combined with slick shoes. Secondly, it can be done easily to anyone who is downed.

The fact that necros might now find a place as the saviour against all the burning insanity is very nice. However, hopefully they will still tone down the insanity.

in Necromancer

skowcia.8257

Mallyx revenant says hi.

Embrace the Darkness does cost 5 energy, but more than that, it has a 1 second cast time. If you’re spamming it for Resistance, you really aren’t doing much of anything else.

5 energy cost which you get back during cast animation as 1sec=5energy.

Yes in theory you dont do much anything else unless someone keep throwing conditions at you which you can copy back to people. Outside of that it wasnt meant to be a playstyle, i just wanted to counter that “boonstrip” argument. That thing will really work olny against bad players. It doesnt worth stripping 2sec resistance at all.

In normal gameplay assuming you will use weapon skills and mallyx abilities, revenant should have around 30-40% uptime resistance without ability to cleanse condi in this stance. Hopefully Shiro will offer ability to transfer conditions (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Impossible_Odds) otherwise every mallyx rev will be forced to pick up ventari and his iPod.

obey me