I'm glad condimancer is nerfed in pvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

I was really starting to miss Power Nec tbh.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

And because condi necro was nerfed now magically power necro will be viable? NO!

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

And because condi necro was nerfed now magically power necro will be viable? NO!

No it will still be awful. But now I can feel less bad about playing a bad build because its not quite as bad compared to condi anymore.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

No it will still be awful. But now I can feel less bad about playing a bad build because its not quite as bad compared to condi anymore.

hooray for smal victories. /sarcasm

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

hooray for smal victories. /sarcasm

Well to be fair, if there’s less condi necs then that’s a significant boost to power nec in and of itself since condi necs were definitely one of the biggest threats to a nec running power.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

If only power reaper wasn’t nerfed as well.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

or people will just not play necro..

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Power necros weren’t able to compete pre-condi meta. Don’t get excited just because condi got nerfed. Wait no, nerfed usually means toned down. I mean utterly completely gutted.

Back to the bottom of the barrel we go.

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

If only power reaper wasn’t nerfed as well.

Yeah the Soul Spiral nerf felt unwarranted.

or people will just not play necro..

Well, what other people play has never been my concern. I played Necro at launch when we had more broken skills and traits than functional ones. I played Necro after the Dhuumbfire nerf when eventually Necros got so rare seeing another one was like seeing a unicorn. I kept playing Necro when other classes got all kinds of rad buffs and changes and Necro was largely ignored through most of it up until whenever it was they made the Signet Nec a thing and I’ll keep playing Necro for the foreseeable future.

Power necros weren’t able to compete pre-condi meta. Don’t get excited just because condi got nerfed. Wait no, nerfed usually means toned down. I mean utterly completely gutted.

Back to the bottom of the barrel we go.

Oh, lighten up now, lad. This is a step in the right direction even though the nerfs do feel quite nonsensical. Now if every other class also gets the same amount of nonsensical nerfs we’ll be at an even playing field again and some of the power creep will have been reduced.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

In other words you’re happy condi got nerfed, wait not nerfed, but gutted. All because you missed your old power signet build? Wow, I mean I played the signet build before as well, because it was the only build that kind of worked but not really at high tier. Still I’m not so selfish as to cheer on nonsensical changes.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Oh, lighten up now, lad. This is a step in the right direction even though the nerfs do feel quite nonsensical. Now if every other class also gets the same amount of nonsensical nerfs we’ll be at an even playing field again and some of the power creep will have been reduced.

No, what you will get are useless elite specs. You see I always argued that elite specs are OP because more meaningfull choices -> better choices->power creep. Elite specs were a prime example for that since no elite specs ran every skill they were offered in fact they were a strong mix between core and elite. The reaper still ran mostly core, the only thing changed where the traits(which was obligatory and not that good I would have loved to run some curse/spite traits in my reaper build) the elite (because the alternatives didn’t suck) and the shroud. The weapons and utility/healing skill were still core.

So to remove the power creep you basically have to remove meaningfull options and that is what happening. That is not good, but allas pvp whine.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Guys there’s a reason power reaper became unviable after the Nov. 4 Deathly Chill Buff. A nerf to condi reaper (and the introduction of the destroyer amulet) are buffs to power reaper.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Guys there’s a reason power reaper became unviable after the Nov. 4 Deathly Chill Buff. A nerf to condi reaper (and the introduction of the destroyer amulet) are buffs to power reaper.

HAHAHAHA. Thank you for the laugh. If condi necro was the problem what will stop condi mesmer or condi rev from destroying power reaper? Also take a look at the balance changes and see how much power reaper was nerfed as well.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Salamander.2504

HAHAHAHA. Thank you for the laugh. If condi necro was the problem what will stop condi mesmer or condi rev from destroying power reaper?

Talent?

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

HAHAHAHA. Thank you for the laugh. If condi necro was the problem what will stop condi mesmer or condi rev from destroying power reaper?

Talent?

Then why doesn’t it stop condi reapers from destroying power reapers?

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Salamander.2504

Talent?

1) Condi reaper has ~100% weakness uptime, gutting power reaper’s damage into the ground. Rev and Mesm don’t have that kind of weakness application.
2) Shroud and Rise are huge damage reductions to power damage that Mesmer and Rev don’t have access to (except for their long CD auto-procs).
3) It’s really hard for a power reaper to build up LF from strength sigils/BB with weakness (see 2). Without mightstacking, we’ve entirely negated the reaper GM, which is the core of power reaper sustain.
4) It’s really hard for a power reaper to stack might and build LF with BB if the condi reaper pops shroud above 50% health. Mesmer and Rev health fluctuates enough that this isn’t usually a problem.
5) Condi reaper can corrupt power reaper stability on-demand. Rev and mesm can’t.
6) 100% chill uptime made it difficult for power reaper to stay in melee range. Rev and Mesm already stay in melee range and don’t have that much in the way of soft-cc.
6) Condi reaper had an easily applicable 600-1000 dps condition (deathly chill) that required zero ramp-up time. Rev and Mesm have to ramp up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Another butchered grand master. One bleed per chill, capped to 5 bleeds ? There’s stronger adept minors.

Also, now that RS 3 uptime went from 8/20 to 5/25, it’s even more dangerous to go power in my opinion.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in Necromancer

Salamander.2504

Another butchered grand master. One bleed per chill, capped to 5 bleeds ? There’s stronger adept minors.

Also, now that RS 3 uptime went from 8/20 to 5/25, it’s even more dangerous to go power in my opinion.

I don’t think it’s capped at 5 bleeds—if someone has 5 stacks of chill, a new chill would overwrite the old.

RS3 nerf is probably for the best. We were a class that thematically was weak to CC, and RS3 sent us in the other direction.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Talent?

1) Condi reaper has ~100% weakness uptime, gutting power reaper’s damage into the ground. Rev and Mesm don’t have that kind of weakness application.
2) Shroud and Rise are huge damage reductions to power damage that Mesmer and Rev don’t have access to (except for their long CD auto-procs).
3) It’s really hard for a power reaper to build up LF from strength sigils/BB with weakness (see 2). Without mightstacking, we’ve entirely negated the reaper GM, which is the core of power reaper sustain.
4) It’s really hard for a power reaper to stack might and build LF with BB if the condi reaper pops shroud above 50% health. Mesmer and Rev health fluctuates enough that this isn’t usually a problem.
5) Condi reaper can corrupt power reaper stability on-demand. Rev and mesm can’t.
6) 100% chill uptime made it difficult for power reaper to stay in melee range. Rev and Mesm already stay in melee range and don’t have that much in the way of soft-cc.
6) Condi reaper had an easily applicable 600-1000 dps condition (deathly chill) that required zero ramp-up time. Rev and Mesm have to ramp up.

Fair enough, let’s hope you are right though.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Salamander.2504

Talent?

You and me both. I think there’s a lot of promise in the destroyer ammy. It will allow axe to be useful (to replace scepter) without gutting our toughness like in marauder.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

RS3 nerf is probably for the best. We were a class that thematically was weak to CC, and RS3 sent us in the other direction.

No, this is the opposite. We are a class that shouldn’t thematically be weak to CC, their theme since the beginning of time is that Necromancers would be “in fighters”, a combat style that wades into the thick of combat and trades blows while smartly using attrition mechanics to come out on top. Stability is one of THE most important factors of that, they just left it out of our base profession because they never took core necro out of beta testing. But it is not a purposeful weakness, it is a weakness due to mistakes in design.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Talent?

You and me both. I think there’s a lot of promise in the destroyer ammy. It will allow axe to be useful (to replace scepter) without gutting our toughness like in marauder.

Axe was never that usefull to begin with (believe me I tried), it lacks damage for the range it offers and has no burst whatsover. It lso offers little to mantain that range especially against teleporters like rev’s, thiefs and mesmers. The difference between marouder is not that big since we still spent a lot or our defense/sustain in shroud and that scales with vitality.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Salamander.2504

Talent?

Axe was never that usefull to begin with (believe me I tried), it lacks damage for the range it offers and has no burst whatsover. It lso offers little to mantain that range especially against teleporters like rev’s, thiefs and mesmers. The difference between marouder is not that big since we still spent a lot or our defense/sustain in shroud and that scales with vitality.

Can report after playing tonight: power reaper as useless as ever. Hardcountered by scrapper. Condi necro remains a big threat. The Deathly Chill nerf wasn’t as bad at it initially seemed; I looked over and saw I had 26 bleed stacks.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Talent?

Can report after playing tonight: power reaper as useless as ever. Hardcountered by scrapper. Condi necro remains a big threat. The Deathly Chill nerf wasn’t as bad at it initially seemed; I looked over and saw I had 26 bleed stacks.

I wouldn’t count the bleed stacks either: necro fights are transfer fights and therefore are quite binary. You either die horribly or win spectaculary.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Salamander.2504

Well, I was on a power reaper and wasn’t applying any bleeds.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Well, I was on a power reaper and wasn’t applying any bleeds.

But you transferred them back, right? They send those back and the stack count remains the same. Any other foe will remove them and therefore the stack count will be lower even if they transfer also deathly chill made reaper damage more prone to the removal of bleeds.

EverythingOP

(edited by Tim.6450)

in Necromancer

Salamander.2504

Ah I see what you mean now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

I agree with OP. Thank you ANet. Condi meta was too bothersome. Condi reaper will still be viable, but I am so glad to think that some people may give power builds a shot.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

I agree with OP. Thank you ANet. Condi meta was too bothersome. Condi reaper will still be viable, but I am so glad to think that some people may give power builds a shot.

go say that to mesmer, s3 will be all about mesmers and anet is swinging the nerf bat to them next same goes to revs

in Necromancer

Vash.9183

Not to be dramatic or anything, but I have also been DYING (literally) to see condi reapers whine and moan like this. Thank you condi reapers for making pvp more annoying and tedious than anything else. Please sit down now. o/

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Necromancer

Vash.9183

go say that to mesmer, s3 will be all about mesmers and anet is swinging the nerf bat to them next same goes to revs

While chronomancer condi was annoying, it didn’t bother me as much as a reaper would. Reapers would show up to a fight and instantly make an insane difference to the outcome of the fight. Chronomancers at least needed a moment to get started.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cannabrah.7842

Cannabrah.7842

Condi mesmer buffed, revenant still unkillable and the only counter (Necro) gutted. That’s balance for you from dear Anet. Necro is out of the meta. Revenant, mesmer, engi, ele and druid will be the only classes worth playing and we will see Pro teams having the same 5 class comp. This will be the same as 2xmes, 2xrev and ele comp. Everything else will be suboptimal and not played. Oh well. It was fun to be viable for one season.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

Condi mesmer buffed, revenant still unkillable and the only counter (Necro) gutted. That’s balance for you from dear Anet. Necro is out of the meta. Revenant, mesmer, engi, ele and druid will be the only classes worth playing and we will see Pro teams having the same 5 class comp. This will be the same as 2xmes, 2xrev and ele comp. Everything else will be suboptimal and not played. Oh well. It was fun to be viable for one season.

3 more years to go

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Not to be dramatic or anything, but I have also been DYING (literally) to see condi reapers whine and moan like this. Thank you condi reapers for making pvp more annoying and tedious than anything else. Please sit down now. o/

You know that necro rol was to kill sustainers(ele/scrapper/druid) right? gl now killing smth on meta fights, just stalemate until your mesm can use moa.

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

During all of season 2 I would be fighting 2 reapers almost every match up and having a total of 6 reapers per game was not an uncommon sight.

You honestly thought reapers would not get nerfed ?

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

During all of season 2 I would be fighting 2 reapers almost every match up and having a total of 6 reapers per game was not an uncommon sight.

You honestly thought reapers would not get nerfed ?

Well to be fair all other classes (except ele ) ran condi cleanse on a lvl of a pre hot engi , which was considered and accepted to be weak against condi combined with lots of boons. Do the math. But yes I expected a nerf but not a complete gutting of the entire reaper specialisation: power reaper , which was considered a lot more balanced, got hurt as well.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

You wont seea viable power Necro in pvp with Revs, Eles, Mesmers and Druids around.

it might have been possible if Anet remembered that power necro existed

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

Well now that condimancer has been nerfed to oblivion, and power necro is mediocre at best, what is left for necro/reaper?