I´m rubber you´re glue Build.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zorion.7504

Zorion.7504

Hi all, I have played my ´mancer since the beta and I love the class, yes it´s full of buggs and other classes can do a specific thing better, BUT I dont care, I love my necro ´cause when I spank someone I can really enjoy the moment

Anyhow, this is a build Ive run from time to time and I thought I might share it with fellow spankomancers.

The Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQQQRBHbhG2IjWle6m8G9mCY+g3QF2N+wxUPUvd0B;T8A5TCnkOpeS5ElSGlEKZVypkUpFGjM2EMLA

One good thing with this build is that it´s not utility depended at all, meaning you can bring any utilities/heal/elits you feel most comfortable with.
Its not actually that gear/rune/sigil dependent either, you can actually strengthen and tune this build to better suite you by changing the armor prefix as well.

The Concept: The basic idea with this build is to jump in and out from death shroud every 5th sec. and in doing so buff you with fury and retaliation and also applying enfeebling blood to your enemies.
If you run “rage” runes as I do on my berserker armor you hit for alot, and you basically always crit.
This goes very nice in hand with the vampiric part of this build giving you some health back every time you swing your dagger, on hit and on crit.
But the really wonderful part of the build is the retaliation part.., you have nearly constant retaliation up during your fights, making it very very easy to counter high burst builds from thiefs etc.

The gear: Dagger is the main hand weapon of choice due to its fast attack speed, giving you more life leech and more crit procs. The offhand for the dagger is optional, I use warhorn cause of its daze that interrupts heals and the speed is nice to have if you need to reset the fight.

The second weapon set is optional as well, the axe is a good thing to bring due to it´s potential high burst, skill 2, and its fun to jump dowkittenerg and hit retaliation, skill 3, and go into DS 4 =P
I almost always bring the focus just because the boon striping part.
Before I picked up the axe I used the scepter, start from range and kite applying poison before entering melee and spamming fury/retaliation.
So the scepter is a safer weapon then the axe, but the axe can be more fun.

For armor you can either bring a zerker set for that nice extra dmg, or this builds acctuly works very very well with invaders, you do dmg by letting them hit you, so more health/tougness just makes the fight more fun and easier for you to controll.

All you have to do in full invader gear is.., run around hiting DS every 5th sec. and wagg your dagger around for some leeching procs.., and pick up bags of course ^^

So anyhow.., have fun and happy hunting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Seems interesting enough. Only thing I don’t understand is your trait choices in SR. You’re using Fear of Death and Decaying Swarm. Wouldn’t it be better to use a traits to benefit DS?

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zorion.7504

Zorion.7504

Seems interesting enough. Only thing I don’t understand is your trait choices in SR. You’re using Fear of Death and Decaying Swarm. Wouldn’t it be better to use a traits to benefit DS?

You can use any traits you want in SR, part from the last one wich is somewhat the core of the build 50% shorter DS cooldown.

The good thing with fear on death is if you want to you can run with fear does dmg and 50% longer fear, eat some pizzas for 40% longer conditions and you are a fearfull thing to down ^^

But mostly you dont benefit so much from the other traits in SR.., since you are just jumping in and out of DS you dont gain much from life force trait or blast traits.

Locust is basically a free automatic cripple that is very very handy in pvp.
If you miss hiting DS when getting jumped by a thief, he will get crippled giving you a good chance of resseting the fight.

Antoher really nice skill to run with if you are an asura is the racial, pain inverter giving you another retaliation and confusion!

(edited by Zorion.7504)

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Played around with a similar setup to this at one point. Really like the build. Only thing I would change is the first major trait on soulreaping. Possibly to speed of shadows so you have a way of escaping or catching up with enemies. Either that or cooldown reduction on DS abilities. Even though the idea is not to stay in DS its a nice trait to have for the odd situation when you do want to stay in DS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I’ve been playing around with it in PvP. A lot of fun and viable. I did switch out Fear of Death with Speed of Shadows like Spoj said. Running it with;

Consume Conditions
Blood is Power
Well of Suffering
Corrupt Boon
Flesh Golem

But yeah good build overall. Thanks for sharing.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage