in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Yes?

I think terrormancer can make a comeback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

I can see it happening. Terrifying decent + Terror + Demonic lore might be pretty fun aswell as practical in open world PvE. For everything else, we’ll have to see if Terror is worth taking over Path of corruption or Master of corruptions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

I ran it Beta weekend. Depends on your playstyle. Some will prefer path of corruption, but I preferTerror.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Well, we’ll have the easiest access to fear compared to core and reaper, so that’s looking great!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

Played it in Beta weekend, been playing it here and there in the live game. It has legs and it’s a fun way to play the class still, it’s just less consistent than other options.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The fear duration on F4 isn’t long enough to justify terror.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

The fear duration on F4 isn’t long enough to justify terror.

Cmon son. Have hope. HOPE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I have HOPE but I can’t wield guns with my necromancer. Crinn is right, what’s limiting the terrormancer have always been fear duration and scourge dan’t change this fact.

Well, at least I can see it used in WvW where you’ll be able to see scourge fear whole enemies raids by themselve.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

Terror works fine on scourge if you’re willing to run spectral wall, it’s just that PoC is so much better when you’re running big shade (which is optimal in PvP imo for a variety of reasons) that it’s completely overshadowed. Also not having to run wall gives you access to (arguably) more useful utilities like the other spectral skills for LF generation (which is super important on scourge) or the portal.

To further compound this, if you’re running terror you’re most likely running fear of death which means you’re going giving up vital persistence which works amazingly well on scourge given that its LF costs don’t scale with your LF pool, so more vit means more spells, and the reduced CD on your shade skills is amazing.

If I was running a terrormancer I’d go with a build that looks like this (heal and final utility are up on the air) and I just don’t see it being optimal compared to the a more standard condi build such as this one (worth noting grasp is really nice on scourge because your shade spells hit around you, it’s LF per target so a good pull refills at least half your bar, and you can pull people into things like Ghastly Breach)

Shadowplasm – Thief
Daphne Laureola – Necromancer

(edited by Shadow Dragon Ad.2409)