I want my scourge

I want my scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I have my armor set and style all set for my scourge and everything all ready.

I’m getting kinda annoyed now playing my necromancer and want the new shiny now!!

I want my scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I just want to know what reaper will be like come PoF. If it finally becomes the power monster, we imagined from the start, I might just stick with it. Unless we get a damaage condi on mh dagger.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

I want my scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I just want to know what reaper will be like come PoF. If it finally becomes the power monster, we imagined from the start, I might just stick with it. Unless we get a damaage condi on mh dagger.

It’s becoming nothing. I can’t believe after 3 years of power reaper being trash in HoT you’d think anything would change in PoF when they have even more specs to sort out.

I want my scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

i hated necro/reaper (80 hours played since HoT) but I WANT SCOURGE TOO

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

I want my scourge

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

It’s becoming nothing. I can’t believe after 3 years of power reaper being trash in HoT you’d think anything would change in PoF when they have even more specs to sort out.

I mean worst case scenario, they nerf condi reaper into the ground and leave power reaper as it is. But either way they’re going to have to do something about condi reaper, since if it stays as it is damage wise, it will still be superior to Scourge. And Anet won’t want this to be. So here’s hoping they at least throw power reaper something when they take away its condi.

I want my scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I mean worst case scenario, they nerf condi reaper into the ground and leave power reaper as it is. But either way they’re going to have to do something about condi reaper, since if it stays as it is damage wise, it will still be superior to Scourge. And Anet won’t want this to be. So here’s hoping they at least throw power reaper something when they take away its condi.

If Deathly Chill is nerfed and Reaper does not get a fat hunk of power-cheese, there will be a reconning.

I want my scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

If Condi Reaper as is, is more powerful than Condi Scourge with Condi Reaper already not quite being competetive damage wise in PvE (especially without a Core Necro group buff) then thats a whole other problem.

If they don’t touch Power Necro, which brings lower DPS than PS Warrior in addition to lacking 25 group wide might, power group buff and banners, then neither Core Necro, Reaper nor Scourge will have a place in the game outside WvW.
And even there Spellbreaker might bring competition in the Boonrip role, depending on how willingly the community adapts to that playstyle.

Considering Scourge has lower mobility, slightly less survivability, is more stationary, has even less stability (one 3 second on a grandmaster Scourge won’t be able to afford to take), still no blocks or invulnerability and is more fiddly to play, it better packs a serious punch to anything that comes close to it or it’s Shades (aka puts Reaper DPS to shame).

I want my scourge

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

I thought the point to Scourge was to apply Might, rip boons from baddies, convert conditions on allies, and reduce incoming damage via barriers. Looks like it’ll have more luck dealing Condition damage, but my point of worry formthe spec stems from its playstyle not really meshing with the “Go go go Zerg Zerg Zerg fast fast fast or you’re kicked” WvW meta.

I want my scourge

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

If Condi Reaper as is, is more powerful than Condi Scourge with Condi Reaper already not quite being competetive damage wise in PvE (especially without a Core Necro group buff) then thats a whole other problem.

If they don’t touch Power Necro, which brings lower DPS than PS Warrior in addition to lacking 25 group wide might, power group buff and banners, then neither Core Necro, Reaper nor Scourge will have a place in the game outside WvW.
And even there Spellbreaker might bring competition in the Boonrip role, depending on how willingly the community adapts to that playstyle.

Considering Scourge has lower mobility, slightly less survivability, is more stationary, has even less stability (one 3 second on a grandmaster Scourge won’t be able to afford to take), still no blocks or invulnerability and is more fiddly to play, it better packs a serious punch to anything that comes close to it or it’s Shades (aka puts Reaper DPS to shame).

Scourge has insane condi burst. But again, burst =/= dps.