ICD on Demonic Lore ruins the trait

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

The ICD of Demonic Lore really is unnecessary (at least in PvE), the Necro (and the Scourge) can’t even stack that much Torment that the +33% damage of Torment is very effective.

I’d be surprised if we could maintain even 15 permanent stacks of Torment on a boss, but let’s say we are able to do that.

Using the damage formula for Torment from the wiki, with a condi damage stat of 1600:

- Stationary target, 15 stacks of Torment
Normal: 1770 damage
With Demonic Lore: 2354 damage

- Moving target, 15 stacks of Torment
Normal: 2637 damage
With Demonic Lore: 3507 damage

This is a really low damage increase, and will net you a lot lower damage for giving up the Reaper traits, RS, and GS.

If Demonic Lore had its ICD removed (at least in PvE), then maybe the Scourge could push some higher numbers and won’t be having the Barrier-bot build be the only option, but also have a viable condi DPS build as an alternative.

Can anyone see the reason for putting an ICD on the trait? IMO it isn’t even Grandmaster worthy with it..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zephar.4519

Zephar.4519

Yeah I have to agree, with an ICD it is quite simply trash. Wanna see what real profession development looks like? Open these side by side for a second.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Demonic_Lore

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Potent_Poison

Look at that change log… And it’s not even an elite spec.
Grow some balls ANet; give Scourge access to fire damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Mmm 7 burn stacks from Feast of Corruption.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

The trait only applies on Torment application. The number of Torment stacks does not matter. None of these types of traits work that way.

It should definitely be split for PvE and PvP though.

Keep the ICD for PvP but remove it in PvE.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zephar.4519

Zephar.4519

This is what we SHOULD be getting, but sadly as mentioned above, we will not be getting… unless we get real vocal about things.

in Necromancer

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

welp at least this will be an easy way to buff scourge DPS for anet…

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

The trait only applies on Torment application. The number of Torment stacks does not matter. None of these types of traits work that way.

It should definitely be split for PvE and PvP though.

Keep the ICD for PvP but remove it in PvE.

That is a shame. A pve/ pvp split would be perfectly acceptable though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

We can already add 10 stacks of Torment with Scepter 3 if the target has enough Conditions already on it. Also using 1,600 Condition Damage without Condition Duration for math is silly.

The 10 Stacks of Torment from Scepter 3 added with the other Torment skills, will have us maintaining an easy 26-30 stacks. Condition Duration is a huge part of Condition DPS.

Also unbuffed I have over 1,900 Condition Damage. In a Raid you have near 3,000 or over. When you have realistic buffs, and are Condition Duration capped, I’d expect 12,000+ ticks of Torment.

Torment just got buffed to be the same Damage as Bleeding, which is our other main Condition. I don’t think the Wiki has been updated yet with the new Torment Damage math. Yeah, it won’t be absurd stacks, but it will even out with not having Reaper anymore.

If the Burning had no ICD it may be very overpowered. If it is a problem though, they will remove it for PvE probably.

Torment and Confusion were buffed by 25% recently. The Wiki formula hasn’t changed yet.

(edited by Kam.4092)

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

It’s 7 torment from Feast of Corruption btw.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

It’s 7 torment from Feast of Corruption btw.

I guess I just see it stay at ten then a lot because of Condition Duration, and stacks always stay up. Either way Scepter 3 got buffed recently, and will do way more with Scourge.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draco.9480

Draco.9480

how thief, engi, ele, ranger benefit so much from condi damage while we’re with some kitten bleeding, a bit of torment and a low burn cuz of kittenty icd. also it should be for every stack fo torment should be burning. zis is the definition of class discrimination.
arena mother kittener net making kitten excuse to not make necro an optimal dps cuz of they force defensive mechanics on the class while they still don’t have focus fire survival and which other classes have. others can focus fire survival, optimal dps and tons of kitten while necros only have a bit more health than everyone and get nothing but being weak. what a kitten. necros are awesome but the devs are such kitten kittens.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

At least he spelled most of the words correctly…

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver