IDEA: Make vital persistence baseline!

in Necromancer

Posted by: djooceboxblast.9876

djooceboxblast.9876

Vital persistence got a good buff last patch and has become a viable option in player versus player environments. It gives you a good amount of sustain by helping you maintain a critical amount of life force even when getting focused by 1-2 players.

Making it baseline will complement and move the necromancer towards the attrition profession that it is supposed to be.

This would also open up for a new trait possibility in the soul reaping tree – lets say something like being able to heal in ds?

(edited by djooceboxblast.9876)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

I agree with this!

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

necro should have ability to heal in DS , some ppl can say it might be to strong but every necro will agree that when u are hard focus by 2-3 dps ppl DS wont help u much. The only thing is 1v1 situation , then healing in DS might be to strong :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

necro should have ability to heal in DS , some ppl can say it might be to strong but every necro will agree that when u are hard focus by 2-3 dps ppl DS wont help u much. The only thing is 1v1 situation , then healing in DS might be to strong :P

There is a way to control that. Slider the value. Start it at 20% base, and have a trait deep in blood magic to make it better. That way if you want the sustain and healing in DS, you have to give up the burst somewhere else.

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

This trait is good now?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought Vital Persistence only affected the normal life force drain over time (i.e. not anything that you lose from damage).

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

This trait is good now?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought Vital Persistence only affected the normal life force drain over time (i.e. not anything that you lose from damage).

Only applies to the natural degen yes.

It cuts it by 50% now though, which does allow you to sit in DS a lot longer. I wouldn’t say it is good, but just better. Good in a power build, but still not as good as unyeilding blast (in a power build) and DS cooldown reductions (in a condition build).

It doesn’t really hold a flame to soul marks or master of terror in my opinion either (condi builds again), unless you are going 30 points into SR (for a power build).

For PVE it is actually pretty nice. You can just sit back and ping away without having to worry too much about LF generation.

in Necromancer

Posted by: djooceboxblast.9876

djooceboxblast.9876

This trait is good now?

Only applies to the natural degen yes.

It cuts it by 50% now though, which does allow you to sit in DS a lot longer. I wouldn’t say it is good, but just better. Good in a power build, but still not as good as unyeilding blast (in a power build) and DS cooldown reductions (in a condition build).

It doesn’t really hold a flame to soul marks or master of terror in my opinion either (condi builds again), unless you are going 30 points into SR (for a power build).

For PVE it is actually pretty nice. You can just sit back and ping away without having to worry too much about LF generation.

It is not something you would take for a condition build no. But for a 30 points in soul reaping (deathly perception) power or hybrid build it is worth taking. I cannot speak for wvwvw but in tpvp it is viable and a good choice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It is good in every game mode. You double the amount of time you can stay in DS compared to without the trait.

Let’s say you only had the LF to stay in DS for 5 seconds before; 20% LF. That is now 10s worth of LF. It is a significant boost to anyone who can actually sit in DS for any period of time.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build