Idea: Specialized death shroud skills

in Necromancer

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

So I was thinking today about what could be done to improve the necro and after looking at some posts on here I had an idea, what if death shroud worked a bit like the engineer toolbelt? More specifically my idea is to add (or replace) two skills to death shroud (or to the F2 & F3 buttons outside of DS) that would change based on what utility skills you bring.

Now it wouldn’t be as exact as the engineer toolbelt, I’m not asking for every necromancer utility to have a “death belt” skill as well. My idea is based around the observation that almost all specialized necro builds take at least 2 skills of the same “type” (corruption, minion, signet, spectral & well). Basically any time you had 2 or more of the same type of skill in your 3 utility slots your 2 “death belt” skills would change to a set for that skill category. So for example if you go full Minion Master and have 2+ minions in your utilities you would receive 2 minion specialized skills.

Here’s just a variety of skill ideas I thought of for this, feel free to post your own ideas for these or tweak mine, this is all theorycraft so don’t hold back with the creativity!

2 Signets or Mixed (no matching skills):
Dark Fury: Break out of stun and gain Might and Fury
Demonic Flesh: Gain Retaliation and Regeneration and temporarily spread conditions on you to nearby foes

2 Corruption skills
Fester Wounds: Extend the duration of conditions on your foe and deal damage for each unique condition on them (channeled skill)
Masochism: Gain life force and Protection for each condition on you

2 Minion skills
Order of Undeath: Order your minions to attack target foe and deal more damage with their next attack
Master’s Summoning: Summon your minions to you granting them Swiftness and Regeneration

2 Spectral skills
Specter’s Aura: Damage and Knockback all foes around you and gain Stability
Spectral Rage: Gain Quickness, your next (x) attacks cause Fear

2 Well skills
_ Lifebane Strike_: Siphon health from your foe, more effective the lower your life force is
Soul Twisting: Drain your life force to reduce the recharge of your non-weapon skills

I tried to make the skills relevant to the types of builds that would be using 2 or more of these kinds of utilities but obvious I’ve not included any hard numbers as this is all just ideas. But I think a system like this could really help give Necromancer’s a more defined and versatile class mechanic.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SilverRule.7426

SilverRule.7426

Like the idea but fester wounds should do something like refresh the cooldowns on the conditions already on him, and even that may be too op.
But I like the idea of a death shroud that complements your build. Post it in the suggestions if you haven’t already.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

Death shroud could use a shakeup. It’s like going into downed state in way it cuts you off from all your other skills. This seems to be a good start.

Death Belt! I love the sound of that.