Idea for Blighter's boon

Idea for Blighter's boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

So yeah, bummed about blighter’s boon being nerfed, complained a bit then this hit me.

Blighter’s Boon: Whenever you apply a condition, you gain life force, in shroud, you Gain health.

It’s still selfish, the name still fits, rewards us for being aggressive, scales in team fights. All of which fit the reaper and necro theme. And would benefit both Condi and Power builds, and still has an opportunity cost, as you’re giving up Chill Damage and Reduced cooldowns. Course would need some scaling back, but it could just be based on when you apply a condition, not by the amount you apply.

I.e. You apply 3 stacks of vul, you get 1 percent life force, but if you apply 3 stacks of vul to 5 enemies, you get 5% life force. Get what I’m saying?

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Idea for Blighter's boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: JirdyBirdy.9120

JirdyBirdy.9120

I like this idea a lot. GM trait should be something that’s greatly beneficial to us for something that our class can do well. Applying variety of conditions is our second nature whether we play power or condition builds. This way, we don’t need to rely on other players and should fit the theme since God forbids us necros playing with others in an “MMO!”

Especially for condi- build which is already lacking in LF gen, this would work wonders!

Idea for Blighter's boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I just wanted to say I like this idea as well.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Idea for Blighter's boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Clairenix.2780

Clairenix.2780

This sounds exciting.. all the synergy!

Idea for Blighter's boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Bleed and Vulnerability are too easy to apply. These two must be excluded from this.
It let us with Poison, Burning, Torment, Chill, Weakness, Immobilize, Cripple.
It can be balanced with better health/life force gains.

Other ideas I had to give devs more things to consider as solutions:

I/
Merge Chilling Victory into Blighter’s Boon.
With that, Blighter’s Boon by itself is able to be triggered, not needing an other trait to be useful.
And replace Chilling Victory by something else, something benevolent to not be just a matter of DPS and offer choice.
Example : Exorcism
You and nearby allies have reduced incoming condition duration.
-15% Incoming condition duration (9s)
Interval : 5s | Number of Targets : 5 | Radius 600 | Combat Only

II/
Change Warhorn #5 Locust Swarm to give 1.5s Swiftness every tick, so it could be used to trigger Blighter’s boon multiple times even without Spite.
So you could choose to use Spite or Warhorn to trigger the trait.
It add flexibility and untie Blighter’s Boon from Spite trait line.
It make it super easy to reach the 9 stack of Swiftness, but offer some protection against boon striping.
Or give 3s Swiftness every 2 ticks.

And an idea from Reddit:
III/
An ICD specifically for boons from allies to prevent boon class spammers to make it overpowered.

Idea for Blighter's boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

I like the idea of keeping the healing/LF on self boons and only allowing x number of allied boons per 2-4 seconds. Reaper gets some scaling for groups, but can still control boon some of their own application.

Allied boons could even have reduced healing alongside the number of allied boons per second or have diminishing returns on incoming boons that resets every 5 or 10 seconds.

There are so many ways to balance this with group size it is strange that they felt it couldn’t be balanced.

Idea for Blighter's boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Clairenix.2780

Clairenix.2780

Would be really nice if this was a cooperative trait though.. We’re selfish enough as is.

Idea for Blighter's boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

So basically what the Curses GM should be. The problem is the same, our entire defense is based on constantly offensively hitting people, and won’t be properly balanced 1v1 vs 5v5. Blighter’s Boon, even self application only, is fine in concept, so long as we have proper boon application that also scales, which we have a bit of. The key is that it doesn’t 100% depend on enemies, things like Infusing Terror give us completely non-enemy reliant defense.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Idea for Blighter's boon

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

So basically what the Curses GM should be. The problem is the same, our entire defense is based on constantly offensively hitting people, and won’t be properly balanced 1v1 vs 5v5. Blighter’s Boon, even self application only, is fine in concept, so long as we have proper boon application that also scales, which we have a bit of. The key is that it doesn’t 100% depend on enemies, things like Infusing Terror give us completely non-enemy reliant defense.

I normally wouldn’t debate with ya Bhawb but just this once, i’m going to ignore my better judgement…let’s see where this goes.

Everything you said is true, it’s just that, all the boon generation we have that would make use of this trait, is reliant on how many enemies we are fighting. I mean we have YAAW, and our Elite chilled to the Bone which work well with this outside of shroud, but in shroud all we have is infusing terror which procs 8 times granted, but that’s not enough to give us any decent sort of healing obviously. Unless we take spite, we won’t be getting any heals at all, and we’re already locked into soul reaping as it is for Vital Persistence. We have what, a little bit of protection, some swiftness, AoE retaliation on axe almost forgot that, a chance for regen on focus 4.

The reason I think it should be changed to Conditions we apply is because, reaper’s shroud allows us to apply AoE terror and Chill, AoE blind, AoE poison, and AoE pulsing chill field, that’s a lot of conditions, all of which are potentially hitting multiple enemies, which would in turn be healing us. Then outside of shroud we have, well you already know.

Plus as far as not having us being reliant on the number of enemies present for defense, isn’t that what the reaper is about? I mean the entire top line is supposed to be about scaling your power with the number of enemies present. The incarnation of Blighter’s Boon they’ve given us now goes against the Reaper design philosophy and theme, as well as the necro design philosophy.

Idea for Blighter's boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Everything you said is true, it’s just that, all the boon generation we have that would make use of this trait, is reliant on how many enemies we are fighting.

The ones that have large applications sure, but there are also a ton of target-agnostic applications, that occur regardless of damaging enemies. SWalk, SA/Last Gasp, SWall, Vampiric Rituals, Well of Power, Lich/Plague, Signets of Suffering, Reaper’s Might, Furious Demise, Infusing Terror, Locust Swarm, Foot in the Grave, and You are all weaklings all generate boons without needing to hit the enemy at all. Mark of Blood/Mark of Evasion also both generate boons without needing to actually cause harm to the enemy, so long as they proc it.

In fact, there are very few applications that require hitting. Only Unholy Feast, Chilled to the bone, Siphoned Power, Chilling Victory, and You are all weaklings (only half of its full generation) rely on you hitting enemies to generate boons, a significantly shorter list than target-agnostic generation.

Plus as far as not having us being reliant on the number of enemies present for defense, isn’t that what the reaper is about? I mean the entire top line is supposed to be about scaling your power with the number of enemies present. The incarnation of Blighter’s Boon they’ve given us now goes against the Reaper design philosophy and theme, as well as the necro design philosophy.

The difference is boon application always has a target agnostic baseline. No matter what your enemies do, no matter how many invulns they pop, or anything they do to stop you from applying conditions, they can’t stop you from applying boons. Yes there is still meaningful play to avoid the “big” shots, though even that was severely nerfed (YAAW used to be 20% LF per cast, now just 10), but they can’t just run you over with CC, because a lot of boon application still works.

Conditions supplying defense is a fine idea in some aspects, I’m definitely not against the idea overall, but I think it deserves to be fixed on Parasitic Contagion, not put onto Blighter’s Boon. Otherwise we’ll end up with BB being PC 2.0, and another set of GMs that are just far too similar.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Idea for Blighter's boon

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

Everything you said is true, it’s just that, all the boon generation we have that would make use of this trait, is reliant on how many enemies we are fighting.

The ones that have large applications sure, but there are also a ton of target-agnostic applications, that occur regardless of damaging enemies. SWalk, SA/Last Gasp, SWall, Vampiric Rituals, Well of Power, Lich/Plague, Signets of Suffering, Reaper’s Might, Furious Demise, Infusing Terror, Locust Swarm, Foot in the Grave, and You are all weaklings all generate boons without needing to hit the enemy at all. Mark of Blood/Mark of Evasion also both generate boons without needing to actually cause harm to the enemy, so long as they proc it.

In fact, there are very few applications that require hitting. Only Unholy Feast, Chilled to the bone, Siphoned Power, Chilling Victory, and You are all weaklings (only half of its full generation) rely on you hitting enemies to generate boons, a significantly shorter list than target-agnostic generation.

The difference is boon application always has a target agnostic baseline. No matter what your enemies do, no matter how many invulns they pop, or anything they do to stop you from applying conditions, they can’t stop you from applying boons. Yes there is still meaningful play to avoid the “big” shots, though even that was severely nerfed (YAAW used to be 20% LF per cast, now just 10), but they can’t just run you over with CC, because a lot of boon application still works.

Conditions supplying defense is a fine idea in some aspects, I’m definitely not against the idea overall, but I think it deserves to be fixed on Parasitic Contagion, not put onto Blighter’s Boon. Otherwise we’ll end up with BB being PC 2.0, and another set of GMs that are just far too similar.

Ahhh, ok it seems like we’re both on the same page. I’m mainly pushing for This version of BB because it’s probably the best chance we have right now of starting to solve the problem of not being able to be healed in shroud, as well as fix the low life force generation of condition builds, something we need so very badly. However if they would want to put this in curses with parasitic contagion, that would be better just because it’d help base necro as well.

However, sort of….Segwaying? That the word? Into another conversation, I think this entire situation could potentially be avoided if they would just allow allies to heal us while we are in shroud. I really don’t think it’d be too strong, because what made Blighter’s boon so great for healing was just the fact that you have classes like Ele, guard and revenant, who can just apply boons in bulk continuously. Where as if we could just be healed in shroud, it wouldn’t be continuously, except of course from regen but that boon is pretty weak anyway.

On an unrelated note, I took that shout build idea into PvP last night, did good mechanics wise. Need to practice but was fun.