Idea for elite spec: The Shaman

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

I already posted this in another subforum, but I’m posting it here too because I want to know what you necro lovers think about it:

Necromancer’s elite specialization: The Shaman

• New weapon: Torch
  • New utility skills: Sacrifice skills
  • New proffesion mechanic: Shaman’s Shroud
  • Description: Shamans are powerful masters of dark arts. They were able to bring their skills to a whole new level, allowing them to work with their life force more precisely. Instead of focusing directly on their enemies, they also learned how to use their powers to support their allies. They learned things like bending their own blood, using their life force without entering the shroud and using their new weapon, the torch , to sear their enemies and buff their allies. But their most significant change is their new shroud. When entering the Shaman’s Shroud, the Shamans become a powerful stavemasters with mighty AoE attacks and support. With such an ally the Shaman is, you’ll no longer have a fear when facing death face to face.

New boon: Vigilance
- Any attacks dealt to you have 20% less critical chance.
- Vigilance is a new powerful boon focusing at your defense. It stacks in duration and its duration is usually somewhere between the duration of protection and fury (it’s not long lasting boon like might)

Torch skills:
Flames of Darkness (Skill 4): Send out a black flame to targeted area. When it arrives there, it grants Vigilance to allies and weakness to foes. Then the flame returns to you. The flame grants fury to allies and siphons life from foes (for you ofc.). (Works like a Phoenix)
Hungry Flames (Skill 5): Scorch nearby area by black flames, damaging and burning foes. Gain life force for each foe damaged. (Blast finisher)

Shaman’s Shroud:
- When Shamans enter the Shaman’s Shroud, they’ll equip a shadow staff (like when you equip scythe when using Reaper’s Shroud, but it’s not that big.) and gain access to new skills. These long range skills focus mostly on support and area effects.
Life Blow (Skill 1): Send forward a ghostly projectile that bounces between foes and allies, damaging foes and leaves them weakened, while granting vigor to allies. (Casting faster than Life Blast, but projectiles are little slower.)
Mark of Absorption (Skill 2): Apply a mark to your foe. After a short delay, it damages nearby foes and you siphon life force from them. Also grants might to nearby allies. (4 sec delay, 180 radius)
Well of Twilight (Skill 3): Create a pulsing well in targeted area, blinding and damaging foes and leaving them vulnerable. (240 radius)
Dark Sanctuary (Skill 4): Concentrate dark energy around you, pulsing protection to nearby allies. At the end, it gives Vigilance and a short buff to nearby allies, allowing them to siphon life with their next few attacks. Also partly revives nearby downed allies. (240 radius, with Transmute trait you revive them faster.)
Shadowfall (Skill 5): Summon dark orbs in the air above the targeted area. After a little delay, the orbs fall down, heavily damaging, fearing and removing 1 boon from affected foes. (240 radius, this skill resembles the Shadowfall AoE skill Liadri the Concealing Dark was using. When foes are feared, they’ll run from the AoE center.)
- All skills except 4th one have 1200 range.

Utilities, the Sacrifice skills
- The Sacrifice skills are very powerful, so powerful, that you have to pay a painful price to activate them. There are two types of Sacrifice skills: some require your blood, while the other ones wants your life force.
Healing skill: Sacrifice life force, heal yourself and gain protection. Incoming attacks have 50% chance to heal you and nearby allies. If no life force is sacrificed, the first heal is halved. (lasts for 7 sec, 240 radius)
Utility 1: Sacrifice life force and transform yourself into a dark cloud while rapidly traveling to targeted area (works like ele’s Ride the Lightning), poisoning foes you touched. When you get to the area, damage and daze foes and grants Vigilance to allies. (While transformed you evade all attacks, even things like ele’s Unsteady Ground, 1200 range)
Utility 2: Sacrifice life force and summon a shadow burial mound in targeted area. When some ally is downed or defeated in its range, other allies nearby are healed and gain fury. Downed allies lose health 50% slower and any damage dealt to them is reduced by 50%. (lasts for 15 sec)
Utility 3: Sacrifice health and envelop yourself in armor of blood, gaining stability and granting nearby allies (including yourself) a buff that allows them to siphon life with their attacks (1 sec cd). You also become immune to bleeding. (Does not remove stacks of bleeding you already have, duration 8 seconds.)
Utility 4: Sacrifice health and summon two blood orbs floating around you, pulsing might and regeneration to nearby allies and weakness to foes. After some delay, orbs explode, damaging and poisoning foes. While the orbs are active, you are immune to poison. (Does not remove stacks of poison you already have, duration 8 seconds)
Elite skill: Sacrifice health and separate yourself from the reality, entering another dimension. While this skill is active, you lose all conditions and become immune to them, and damage dealt to you is decreased by 50% and you can see all stealthed foes nearby (Only you can see them, they do not become revealed, you also cannot target them.) Your attack speed and damage are decreased by 40%. Grants increased precision to nearby allies. You also cannot enter Shaman’s Shroud. When you leave this form, your life force is filled by 30% and grants Vigilance to nearby foes. (lasts for 15 seconds, 300 range, your appearance is changed like when using Spectral Walk, but with black color instead of green). You can leave this form sooner if you want (4 sec cd after using this elite skill).
- Healing skill is the only one you can use without any sacrificing currency.
- Sacrificing uses 7% health (10% for elite skill) or 10% life force.

Traits:
Minor 1: You can use torch and gain access to Sacrifice skills. Your Death Shroud is replaced with Shaman’s shroud, which has long range support oriented skills.
Minor 2: Boons you apply have increased duration, even more, if applied in Shaman’s Shroud (10% / 20%)
Minor 3: You have increased critical chance against weakened foes (10%). Striking a weakened foe has a chance to give might to nearby allies. (33% chance, 5 sec cd, 2 stacks)

Adept 1: Using a healing skill grants superspeed for a while.
Adept 2: Healing done from siphoning life is increased.
Adept 3: You and nearby allies gain might when leaving Shaman’s Shroud (3 or 4 stacks maybe?)

Master 1: Gain swiftness and might when applying Vigilance to an ally. Vigilance lasts longer (25%)
Master 2: When using Sacrifice skills, you’ll gain life force if sacrificing health and vice versa.
Master 3: Reduce recharge of torch skills. Using a torch skill transfers condition to affected foes (1 per foe, max 3 foes).

Grandmaster 1: You gain a small amount of life force when healed. Gain life force when your health drops below the threshold. (50% health threshold, 30 sec cd. 1 sec cd for life force from healing)
Grandmaster 2: You have a chance to siphon life from your foe when applying weakness to him. (50%, 5 sec cd, gain life force instead if in Shaman’s Shroud)
Grandmaster 3: Cast Shadowfall on your position when using elite skill (40 sec cd).

So, is it any good? What do you think?

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

(edited by Avador.8934)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

-1 for a new boon, the game already has too many boons.
-1 for Torch being a power/condi/support weapon: make up your mind
+3 for support shroud, the idea is quite solid
-1 for weak shroud effect on a incredible slow shroud
-2 for having a chance healing skill
-1 for being a undecisive about being ranged or not
-1 for utility on downing of allies
-1 for sacrificing both life force and health
-1 for incredible long condi immunities
-1 for super specific condi immunities
+2 for utility 4
-1 for superspeed
+2 for master 2
result -4.
That was basically my thoughts about the shaman from a gameplay point of view. The biggest problem is that you have to commit to a few things and work with them. Reaper worked with melee damage and chill and gave the tools make it to work and to enhance said style. The core necromancer can fill in the gaps. I suggest ranged support and (health xor life force) sacrifices. Also the name shaman sounds a bit unfitting since shamans are people who can access spirits which I miss.

EverythingOP

(edited by Tim.6450)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

-1 for a new boon, the game already has too many boons.
-1 for Torch being a power/condi/support weapon: make up your mind
+3 for support shroud, the idea is quite solid
-1 for weak shroud effect on a incredible slow shroud
-2 for having a chance healing skill
-1 for being a undecisive about being ranged or not
-1 for utility on downing of allies
-1 for sacrificing both life force and health
-1 for incredible long condi immunities
-1 for super specific condi immunities
+2 for utility 4
-1 for superspeed
+2 for master 2
result -4.
That was basically my thoughts about the shaman from a gameplay point of view. The biggest problem is that you have to commit to a few things and work with them. Reaper worked with melee damage and chill and gave the tools make it to work and to enhance said style. The core necromancer can fill in the gaps. I suggest ranged support and (health xor life force) sacrifices. Also the name shaman sounds a bit unfitting since shamans are people who can access spirits which I miss.

Ok, thanks for your suggestions! It’s my first idea of necro elite spec, so I know it’s not perfect. Now I at least know what should I improve. Thanks!

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.