Idea for life force as a second health bar

in Necromancer

Posted by: A Volcano.2510

A Volcano.2510

As others have said in another thread, if life force is our second health bar, then it should regenerate outside of combat to maximum.

Basically, it should act just like health, where if you exit combat, it rapidly goes back to maximum.

Also, necromancers, as masters of death, should be given a feign death ability a la EQ monks. This would immediately shed all pve aggro, make pvp players have to de-target you, and put you outside of combat.

Since everyone wants necros not to be selfish, and to have team utility, feign death should also provide some buff to party members. You are welcome to decide what it is. Maybe fury because their faithful necromancer has been slain (they don’t know you are only kidding) and they want to avenge you?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I feel like some ooc ds regen would be fair, but i think right to 100% would be over the top. The whole idea of it is that it’s a mechanic built through combat, especially killing things. I think it could regenerate up to 33% out of combat, though, just so long as it also degenerated to the same after combat had finished, starting slow but accelerating.

Absorbing lifeforce from nearby deaths would still give you a boost out of combat, and reset shroud degeneration, while entering combat would instantly halt degen until combat ended.

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

we should start with 100% LF.
this is our only defensive tool.
we got nothing else.
and that is also how we were designed.

so 100% LF is only fair.
we don’t ask other classes to start with less blocks or less invulnerability or less vigor or less protection or shorter duration immunities etc.

SO PLEASE DON’T ASK US TO START WITH LESS Lifeforce. IT IS OUR DEFENSE!

we dont have invulnerability
we dont have stability
we dont have block
we dont have blind
we dont have blink
we dont have invis
we dont have immune physical damage
we dont have immune condi damage
we dont have leaps
we dont have teleports
we dont have grabs
we dont have vigor
we dont have evades
we dont have protection

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bacon.1835

Bacon.1835

I’m fine with starting a match with some life force. But any other change is unnecessary.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

I feel like some ooc ds regen would be fair, but i think right to 100% would be over the top. The whole idea of it is that it’s a mechanic built through combat, especially killing things. I think it could regenerate up to 33% out of combat, though, just so long as it also degenerated to the same after combat had finished, starting slow but accelerating.

Absorbing lifeforce from nearby deaths would still give you a boost out of combat, and reset shroud degeneration, while entering combat would instantly halt degen until combat ended.

this is more of a nerf but if this goes then remove the minimum lf required to enter ds wich is 10% and remove the 10s recharge time

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

If this were to happen LF would be nerfed very heavily, at the very least its 50% damage reduction would be removed. Starting every fight with 66k HP with sentinel’s gear would be absolutely overbearing.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

If this were to happen LF would be nerfed very heavily, at the very least its 50% damage reduction would be removed. Starting every fight with 66k HP with sentinel’s gear would be absolutely overbearing.

That’s great and all but meanwhile you have bunkers with less than half the HP you mentioned who can survive better than a sentinel necro, more HP on a necro just makes you a tankier punching bag without any positive sustain or offensive pressure.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

That’s great and all but meanwhile you have bunkers with less than half the HP you mentioned who can survive better than a sentinel necro, more HP on a necro just makes you a tankier punching bag without any positive sustain or offensive pressure.

In teamfights yes, in 1v1s Necromancers will full LF should never lose because that much HP to start a fight off is unbeatable in almost every matchup.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

-snip-

You should probably take Protection out of that, I have 5 different Protection procs on my build (3 Wells, Spectral Armor, leaving Shroud).

And 100% what Bawb said. If they are going to do any core changes to Shroud it will need to be nerfed. I personally like having an upkeep skill, but I don’t like that the difference between starting a fight with zero Life Force and full Life Force is so significant.

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

In teamfights yes, in 1v1s Necromancers will full LF should never lose because that much HP to start a fight off is unbeatable in almost every matchup.

Is there any necro that’s really complaining too much about 1v1s? I mean, yeah, we have a hard time if we have 0 life force, but overall, we already do well in 1v1s. Team fights are the biggest issue we have…. So I fail to really see your point, Bhawb. 1v1s aren’t the issue with necros. Realistically, we should be a class that others are kind of wary of fighting alone (kind of like facing Death.) And we should be able to actually contribute more to team fights than a sponge on the floor (which happens entirely too often)

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Is there any necro that’s really complaining too much about 1v1s? I mean, yeah, we have a hard time if we have 0 life force, but overall, we already do well in 1v1s. Team fights are the biggest issue we have…. So I fail to really see your point, Bhawb. 1v1s aren’t the issue with necros. Realistically, we should be a class that others are kind of wary of fighting alone (kind of like facing Death.) And we should be able to actually contribute more to team fights than a sponge on the floor (which happens entirely too often)

This change wouldn’t change anything you’re bringing up. It would make us unkillable in 1v1s where we are already fine, and wouldn’t do much at all for teamfights except let us facetank more before dying.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

The only way to balance around Death shroud ( because lets face it, it’s what a majority of the other classes complain about) for us and everyone else is to either start the necro off at 100% ds, 50% ds or 0% ds every time we exit combat. Personally i wouldn’t mind being made to start every fight at 50%. In some situations you’d be at a lose and in some you’d be at a gain.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.