Ideas to help Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elias.4028

Elias.4028

Hi everyone, here are some of my ideas how to help power reaper:

Greatsword:

Nightfall- now a ground target-able skill with 900 range.

Grasping Darkness – Unblockable

Traits:

Deathly Chill -Has a 1 sec ICD.

Reaper Shroud:

Deathly Spiral – one stack of poison.

Those are my ideas.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flubbernaut.9584

Flubbernaut.9584

Sounds more like condi nerfs than power buffs imo

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Deathly Chill -Has a 1 sec ICD.

da kitten???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Needs only a few changes, really.

Deathly Chill – doesn’t do bleed anymore. Instead, enemies with chill take 30% more damage. Yeah, drastic, but power reaper needs this number in PVE.

Deathly Spiral – bonus damage against chilled or feared foes

Greatsword 1,3,4,5 – bonus damage against chilled or feared foes

Greatsword 4,5 – reduced cooldown when hitting feared or chilled foes

Greatsword 2 – reduced cooldown when hitting chilled or feared foes (not instant, but perhaps by 50%)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

That’s some fine idea to kill condi reaper that’s sure. Help power reaper? Not at all.

To help power reaper Anet need to help power necromancer by stopping to see the life siphons on the blood magic traitline as damage boost and giving the necromancer proper damage boost tools.

- Pushing the axe CD reduction onto Spiteful spirit and changing Unholy fervor into a “do 7-10% more damage on foes afflicted by vulnerability” (That would help power reaper a lot)

- In a different way, changing rending shroud into an aura that reduce surrounding foes toughness by 180 would indirectly make a reaper with a long shroud uptime and the spite traitline equipped (a power reaper) desired in raid without tilting the damage done by the power reaper at all.

- Tying the life force degen to a stat (concentration) could open more room for builds that would focus heavily on shroud uptime and thus take advantage of those traits that work while in shroud and are supposed to improve our dps (Like reaper onslaught for exemple)

I’m pretty sure doing that would actually help power reaper more than totally killing the e-spec by reducing it’s condi damages.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Honestly, after playing my ranger for a couple days, it made me miss what my power reaper could do. So…bright side, we aren’t the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Power Reaper could get a 40% across the board damage increase and still not be in the top half of classes.

The problem is, and always has been, that weapon damage is too low or scales badly with power. Focus, an alleged power weapon that does poor damage on long cooldowns, ought to be reworked first.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arche.7326

Arche.7326

Just gonna spitball some suggestions here since I feel like it.

First off damage just needs to be upped with around 20-30% on base on just about everything power related, and probably double those percentages for the shroud skills.

On top of that we need more traits that increase damage and creates incentive to balance shroud useage. The ideal would be to buff the kitten out of Strength of Undeath and make it more impactful than 5% and possibly also affect shroud skills at double the value. The idea would be to set a balance between the shroud skillset and the weapon skills where you want to stay in shroud with AAs above 50% shroud and use weaponskills while regaining it to 100%, striking the balance so that gravedigger overtakes shroud AAs for damage output when the target is below 50% and then only jumping into shroud for 2-5.

Switch Blighters Boon (preferably rework it so it wouldnt conflict with Soul Eating, maybe grant boons when you inflict vulnerability?) with Soul Eating and make the latter just have a % lifesteal on damage and give LF based on the % healed.

Deathly Chill should just be increased damage to chilled targets, probably like 15% or so in addition to the other buffs mentioned here, maybe give chill on crit as well.

Reaper’s Onslaught confilcts with swiftness, make it just give a brief period of invlunerability on a medium long CD when entering shroud. Still fits into the unstoppable movie horror theme of the bottom traits and solving some of necro’s issues with burst protection in pvp.

Relentless pursuit should probably be 50%/100% for reduced condi duration.

Then for things that would make for quite powerful buffs, make GS4 tick immediately once the circle is placed, have GS5 start its pull at maximum range to prevent targets from literally walking out of the aoe.

Gee, thanks, you let the reaper out of the basement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Add all the plus damage percentages we are missing.
+10% vs chilled foes on a Reaper minor trait.
+10% whilst wielding a Greatsword.
Change Close to death to +10% damage, +10% more damage whilst in shroud.
Change Spiteful Talisman to +10% damage vs boonless foes.
Change Vampiric Wells to “reduce recharge by 20% and extend well duration by 50%”.
Add +5% damage vs bleeding foes to Blood Bond.
Swap the Vampiric numbers around (so minions do less life steal but your attacks to more).
Buff Vampiric Aura life steal.
Buff Strength of Undeath to +10% damage.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Add all the plus damage percentages we are missing.
+10% vs chilled foes on a Reaper minor trait.
+10% whilst wielding a Greatsword.
Change Close to death to +10% damage, +10% more damage whilst in shroud.
Change Spiteful Talisman to +10% damage vs boonless foes.
Change Vampiric Wells to “reduce recharge by 20% and extend well duration by 50%”.
Add +5% damage vs bleeding foes to Blood Bond.
Swap the Vampiric numbers around (so minions do less life steal but your attacks to more).
Buff Vampiric Aura life steal.
Buff Strength of Undeath to +10% damage.

^ thats the way. Don’t slap all the increased damage onto reaper traits. Add that power partial to the core things as well.

Also reconsider the values. For examples:

Spellbreaker gets 14% increased crit damage with an ADEPT trait. Another 300 might and ferocity on a grandmaster MINOR. That alone is 20% increased crit damage and 34% increased crit damage + 300 power.

Weaver gets 20% increased condi duration and 10% condi damage with just one master trait. Permanent. For ALL conditions. That alone is stronger then our demonic lore.

And this on top of all the other damage increases from the baseline traits.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relwin.7569

Relwin.7569

Power Reaper and Core Necro needs firstly raw baseline damage boost. 30% would be a good beginning. THEN careful rework of traits. I like ideas you have but there’s also an another thing:

Devs won’t listen to you. Necro is forgotten. There are better classes to look after and balance them because more people play them now.
Master of death? Please. You are just a toy. (Yes, I feel like this when I’m on my reaper).

I played necro since release of GW2. Also I played Reaper (Hype af) after HoT release. Do you guys remember how blighter’s boon even worked? If we can’t be good dps, anet should make us at least excellent tanks, but It didn’t happen.

Scourge comes soon in next expansion. Look at Reaper and try to guess how long will you play on competetive level.

I’ve been observing this forum for ages, people had many great ideas to make us, Necros, great again. I didn’t see the changes in patches. That way I can quickly summarize a conclusion that Necro is not going to be fearsome character, at least, not in PvE.

However maybe your posts are at least read a bit by devs. Vital Persistance nerf and quick fix to bring it back baseline in nerfed version gave me hope that maybe someday somehow I’ll see lfg with text ‘need Reaper’.

About changes you guys offer: greatsword damage on soul eater trait would really shake a ground. Bonus against chilled foes? Why don’t we have it since beginng? Tying chill mechanic to power damage is a wonderful idea. Reaper is based on chill after all, right?

There’s also a thing that shroud should in general have access to utility skills, at least, be affected by signet passives baseline.

Telling that vampiric lifesteal is not so good is also true. Try to play thief with lifesteal build. All we have is clownish version of things others can do. Sad.

Not to mention that greatsword aa needs to be faster or should receive damage increase. Slow attacks have more disadvantages than advantages which is missing attacks really hurts for our score when faster attacks dont feel it that much.

Ok, maybe my post sounded very grumpy, but after so long time I’m really on edge of reroll. Expansion release may or may not be a final nail.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

This is all I got; I stopped caring about halfway through these changes since I know they will just make some weird kitten buff like making spectral armor 30s cooldown instead of 40s or whatever it is now, or making our auto attack do like 100 more damage.

Basically, there are 3 themes; boons, chill and PvE. I have also changed the chill aspect of reaper to be debilitating rather than damage oriented since scourge will be the damage aspect of necromancer.

We cannot run power necromancer competitively because WE HAVE NO DEFENSE!!!! We also have zero useful utility skills that any good power class requires, such as blinks/teleports. We also do not do enough damage. Did you know a mesmer can get over 85% damage buffs and insta-down even an (unaware) 20K HP bunker guard? Yet despite how glass a mesmer has to build to do this… THEY STILL HAVE MORE DEFENSES THAN NECROMANCERS.

For the love of kitten make some useful changes for once. I do not like the playstyle of scourge. Don’t make me leave this game… please -__-

Minor#1 – Shroud Knight: Access to reaper shroud, shouts and greatsword abilities.
Minor#2 – Chilling Nova: Critical hits against chilled foes chill adjacent foes.
Minor#3 – Chilling Victory: Striking a chilled foe grants might and life force.

Adept
Augury of Death:
Shouts gain reduced recharge per target hit and siphon health.
Shouts also grant protection and retaliation per target hit.
Relentless Pursuit:
Death’s Charge removes movement impairing conditions and dazes foes (1s).
Insert PvE “on kill trait” here:
blablabla

Master
Shivers of Dread:
Whenever you inflict fear, you also inflict chill.
Decimate Defenses/Soul Eater:
Greatsword skills gain reduced recharge and siphon health from vulnerable foes.
Striking a foe with vulnerability increases your critical hit chance.
Insert PvE “on kill trait” here:
blahblahblah

Grandmaster
Deathly Chill:
Chilling a foe also inflicts weakness. Infusing Terror also grants frost aura (6s).
Blighter’s Boon:
Something something to do with boons something something
Reaper’s Onslaught:

Weapon Skills
Dusk Strike (Greatsword Autochain#1):
Now inflicts vulnerability
Fading Twilight (Greatsword Autochain#2):
Now grants quickness (1s)
Death Spiral (Greatsword#3):
This skill is now a 1200 range teleport that also dazes every hit. (PogChamp)
Let us have a real skill for once, please.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=BM-4UH8t0LU
Alternatively, make the skill inflict a launch every single hit that launches for a range of 5000 ‘cause that’d be really kool and neat and overpowered and kitten.

Utility Skills
Nothing Can Save You!:
This skill is now instant cast.
Increased base unblockable duration from 4s to 5s and increased unblockable duration per target hit from 1s to 2s.

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Blighter’s Boon,
When dealing damage to foes with conditions, deal an increased +2% damage per condition. Removing or corrupting boons deals damage.

Dealth Chill,
Inflicting chill strikes for damage on application. Deal +5% increased damage per second of chill left on enemies you strike.

Reaper’s Onslaught,
Striking foes while in shroud grants Reaper’s Onslaught (max15 stacks, .5sec icd unique per foe). Reaper’s Onslaught increases damage, attack and movement speed by 3%, lasts for 3 seconds and refreshes stacks on reapplication.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gaveon.6749

Gaveon.6749

I atleast want a rework of reaper line Minor Master
Chill when we fear – we have enough chill as it is that barely helps us
meanwhile chrono gets regular alacrity & beserker gets free stats

atleast change it to the commonly mentioned +damage on chilled

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

I see a lot of people ruining either condi or power, or both

Maybe a few people actually made a post that would help power reaper

Reaper itself is already in a bad state rn, don’t make it worst especially with pof growing closer

(edited by Lord Velar.1509)

in Necromancer

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Terrible ideas. Making condi worse doesn’t make power reaper better.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Reaper is in a bad state? Have you tried the core necro recently?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

They both suck.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Carlos.7915

Carlos.7915

Just some raw ideas:

Chilling Victory: Striking a chilled foe grants might and life force. Increased max might cap from 25 to 30

Deathly Chill: Chill causes an impact of (power) damage on application. Might now increases you power and condition damage by 35 per stack instead of 30.

(edited by Carlos.7915)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

If reapers not in a good state why in sam hell would I go back to core?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

What kind of gameplay is Necromancer behind in? I’ve never really had trouble muscling through PvE content on my Reaper, though sustained DPS was often heavily reliant on Shroud until enemies were below 50% for Gravedigger spam. In WvW I always went Dagger/Horn and Staff with wells and lifedrain to help keep up with zergs where speed and range are important. I never bothered with Raids due to lack of friends wanting to try and not wanting to rely on the friendliness of any meta community I’ve ever seen.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

What kind of gameplay is Necromancer behind in? I’ve never really had trouble muscling through PvE content on my Reaper, though sustained DPS was often heavily reliant on Shroud until enemies were below 50% for Gravedigger spam. In WvW I always went Dagger/Horn and Staff with wells and lifedrain to help keep up with zergs where speed and range are important. I never bothered with Raids due to lack of friends wanting to try and not wanting to rely on the friendliness of any meta community I’ve ever seen.

Raids and Pvp I would guess from what people have said. In WvW we have always been meta (for zerging) but our roaming capabilities are almost purely because of Deathly Chill in its current form.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.