If Scourge will not be nerfed...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mikali.9651

Mikali.9651

for the first time in 5 years, I will main Necro and I will get to Legendary rank as the worst PvP player you have ever seen while barely doing anything. Maybe I will even eat sandwich while fighting people

Yeah, at its current state it is very OP, so OP that it makes me main it even tho I never ever wanted to play Necro. But you got me, I would be crazy not to play it

#Scourge – HowToGetNecroMains101

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

It will be nerfed but how much we don’t know or what they’ll give us in return (lol) when they do.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

then i will have bad news for you…

the momment you meet good players in higer ranks you will find out how it sucks to play a Necro…

at high ranks people will stay away from you and your shades and only will be near you/jump on you for that 2-3 sec to land their 20k burst in your face while blocking/invulving/evading everything then get away from you again…. and will keep repating this until you die… usualy you will die in the 2nd Burst…

life as a necro…

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

How many HoT elite specs are as powerful now as they were on release? Yeah… ofc they will nerf it.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

What a nonsense. In a more organised PvP environment, Scourges can still be brought down quickly. We have barriers now but we still don’t have any active defenses such as blocks, invulns, etc. Also we have to wait how Sand Swell turns out but a reliable escape option we don’t have either. Scourges do a lot of damage but once people get used to it (for example get out of the Sand shade area) this ’’OPness’’ will probably diminish.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drakonis.4579

Drakonis.4579

At its current form Scourge is OP, that is a fact, there is no denying it.

I deny it. You are wrong. Is that reportable?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Decide what do you want: Support or Condi Damage. You can’t have both

We can and we must. “Support” scourge offers is kitten. It’s unwanted, it’s ineffective, it partially clashes with long established meta (hi there, PS warriors), and it simply won’t have place in any game mode. It also happens to take away our class mechanic, without giving anything in return. Oh, yeah, we may be able to deal about as much damage as reaper does while relying on another gimmick. Not high damage though, because it’s written in commandments: “Necro should not have damage competitive with any other class except maybe revenant, depending on mood of balancing team this day”. With basic “support” being even more trash than traited (somehow), and you can’t trait support if you go for damage (BM is shafted, and scourge traits clash with each other), we pretty much get nothing, while losing shroud. Why?

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

How many HoT elite specs are as powerful now as they were on release? Yeah… ofc they will nerf it.

I’d say 2… maybe 3. Daredevil, scrapper and (berserker) come to my mind. I’m not sure for berserker cause I truly dislike the gameplay for this one and with the recent changes I won’t ever bother try it again since I’m somehow happy with my core warrior build. (I loved the axe feel and the changes just gave me 20% more damage and 5% increase in attack speed… What else? Imagine the necromancer gaining that on dagger? That’s the feel!)

As for the nerf… Well there are things that will obviously done on scourge. I’m not sure that F2 will keep it’s 2 cleanse untraited, dhuumfire will probably not proc on each desert shroud‘s tic anymore… This kind of things are somehow a given since that’s something that we could already see happen on Druid after hot release.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

Guards have both…
Eles have both…
Revs have both…

Seriously what game have you ben playing this past years ????

the thing is Necro got left out of the Power creep a long time now.. its about time we slowly catch up… especialy seeing that the devs dont have plans to tone down the power creep….

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I’d say 2… maybe 3. Daredevil, scrapper and (berserker) come to my mind. I’m not sure for berserker cause I truly dislike the gameplay for this one and with the recent changes I won’t ever bother try it again since I’m somehow happy with my core warrior build. (I loved the axe feel and the changes just gave me 20% more damage and 5% increase in attack speed… What else? Imagine the necromancer gaining that on dagger? That’s the feel!)

As for the nerf… Well there are things that will obviously done on scourge. I’m not sure that F2 will keep it’s 2 cleanse untraited, dhuumfire will probably not proc on each desert shroud‘s tic anymore… This kind of things are somehow a given since that’s something that we could already see happen on Druid after hot release.

Daredevil yes, scrapper/berserker no. They are both definitely weaker. In fact scrapper has become meme worthy is how bad it has been nerfed.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Daredevil yes, scrapper/berserker no. They are both definitely weaker. In fact scrapper has become meme worthy is how bad it has been nerfed.

Scrapper was better than this at hot release (or even before)? It didn’t feel it was better at that time… For me it was already meme worthy thanks to it’s incredibly useless little machine bug that fly like a “fly” around a piece of sh…

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

I can see F1 being nerfed to stun the shade on summon/give it a kind of startup or something, so people can react to it (unlike mesmer bursts(necro shall be weaker than all classes as rule #928 of Arenanet states)) and avoid the huge burns, instead of taking away all of our damage in favor of fake heals as ‘support’.
Ofc though, as the elder dragons, anet devs, and six have decided together that necro shall never be good, we’re prob gonna end up doing no damage at all instead of getting a reasonable nerf.
Every other class can be tanky and do damage at the same time or even get invulnerability and blocks along with great unique buffs support, so there is no reason to completely remove scourge’s damage, which is the only thing going for it rn besides F2.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tiresias.6473

Tiresias.6473

I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating, and I’ll probably be doing so a lot:

NEWS FLASH: If you stand next to a Necro and their Sand Shades while they are in Sand Shroud, you’re going to get stacked up with conditions. You better either have Resistance or get away from them for the duration.

The only reason Scourge seems powerful is because people don’t understand what they are doing right now. It’s not as obvious as swinging a sword or turning into some shadowy raven creature with a big scythe.

The burst condition output is actually worse than a condi Reaper running Shouts, who could quickly stack up Bleed on you while covering it with spammed Chill, Vulnerability, Burning, and Blind on top of having about 28k health and a 23k Shroud bar that builds up REALLY quickly. You couldn’t easily step into melee range with something like that either, but they aren’t exactly regarded as the kings of PvP because they, like Scourge, are easy to shut down.

Here’s a hint: the same tactics that worked against Condi Reaper work against Scourge.

Main character: Winter Harvest (Necromancer)
[BICE] Black Ice / Maguuma Server

in Necromancer

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Guards have both…
Eles have both…
Revs have both…

the thing is Necro got left out of the Power creep a long time now.. its about time we slowly catch up… especialy seeing that the devs dont have plans to tone down the power creep….

I stopped taking this seriously the moment Rev was mentioned. I certainly hope you aren’t talking about Renegade, because it’s absolute trash compared to Scourge.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

I agree scourge is powerful right now with the right builds but let’s atleast be constructive about it. Can’t have group support and condi damage at the same time? That logic is pretty ridiculous, take a look at condi chrono or mallyx revenant. Both of those have great condi burst and tons of group support that people actually want, not to mention they both have tons of mobility and survivability which scourge does not.

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

Guards have both…
Eles have both…
Revs have both…

I stopped taking this seriously the moment Rev was mentioned. I certainly hope you aren’t talking about Renegade, because it’s absolute trash compared to Scourge.

you need to read again then… because imt alking about Overall class…

NOT only the new elite…

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I main a necro and in wvw this weekend I fought many a scourge 1v1 with my base power necro and my power daredevil. I think I went a combined 9-1 against scourges, and that 1 was my daredevil and a scourge went down at the same time and you always lose a downed fight against a necro.

I can see some potential in the class, but it’s certainly not overpowered in any way.

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

I agree scourge is powerful right now with the right builds but let’s atleast be constructive about it. Can’t have group support and condi damage at the same time? That logic is pretty ridiculous, take a look at condi chrono or mallyx revenant. Both of those have great condi burst and tons of group support that people actually want, not to mention they both have tons of mobility and survivability which scourge does not.

Attachments:

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mikali.9651

Mikali.9651

because we are not all Necro Mains like you. But we will be!

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

for the first time in 5 years, I will main Necro and I will get to Legendary rank as the worst PvP player you have ever seen while barely doing anything. Maybe I will even eat sandwich while fighting people

Yeah, at its current state it is very OP, so OP that it makes me main it even tho I never ever wanted to play Necro. But you got me, I would be crazy not to play it

It’s op if you’ve got no condi clears or transfers.

That’s about it. If a player is smart he’ll use those two tools against the scourge.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating, and I’ll probably be doing so a lot:

NEWS FLASH: If you stand next to a Necro and their Sand Shades while they are in Sand Shroud, you’re going to get stacked up with conditions. You better either have Resistance or get away from them for the duration.

The only reason Scourge seems powerful is because people don’t understand what they are doing right now. It’s not as obvious as swinging a sword or turning into some shadowy raven creature with a big scythe.

The burst condition output is actually worse than a condi Reaper running Shouts, who could quickly stack up Bleed on you while covering it with spammed Chill, Vulnerability, Burning, and Blind on top of having about 28k health and a 23k Shroud bar that builds up REALLY quickly. You couldn’t easily step into melee range with something like that either, but they aren’t exactly regarded as the kings of PvP because they, like Scourge, are easy to shut down.

Here’s a hint: the same tactics that worked against Condi Reaper work against Scourge.

This guy gets it. Op does not :/

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

That’s about it. If a player is smart he’ll use those two tools against the scourge.

Clears and transfers can’t keep up for a lot of classes. This isn’t just a Scourge problem either but a wider issue that the Scourge is a big part of. I main Necro but we have to be honest with ourselves here, what we’ve played this weekend is too strong and will be toned down. The real questions is what compensation there should be. Reaper still has issues as does Core Necro… don’t be distracted by the new shinies, still a lot of issues here.

in Necromancer

Sabre.8627

Let’s be real, it’s pretty kitten tough for any current class to deal with all the condi scourge puts out. Doesn’t help that we have 5+ different ways to corrupt resistance and any other boon to cover our torments and burns.

On the flip side, scourge deals with condi extremely well. we have an instant cast f2 that clears 2 or 3 condis every 4 sec. An F skill, that requires no traits or utility sacrifice, cannot be interrupted or stopped. If that isn’t enough, we can just send all of them back with staff or plague signet. And if that fails we have 25k+ health to soak it up until our f2 comes back. Scourge really feels nearly unkillable vs other condi builds, I like that necro is the king of conditions but it seriously needs to be toned down.

in Necromancer

Tiresias.6473

Let’s be real, it’s pretty kitten tough for any current class to deal with all the condi scourge puts out. Doesn’t help that we have 5+ different ways to corrupt resistance and any other boon to cover our torments and burns.

On the flip side, scourge deals with condi extremely well. we have an instant cast f2 that clears 2 or 3 condis every 4 sec. An F skill, that requires no traits or utility sacrifice, cannot be interrupted or stopped. If that isn’t enough, we can just send all of them back with staff or plague signet. And if that fails we have 25k+ health to soak it up until our f2 comes back. Scourge really feels nearly unkillable vs other condi builds, I like that necro is the king of conditions but it seriously needs to be toned down.

Of all the ways I could describe a Scourge, “unkillable” is not an adjective I would use.

Have you not encountered a decent Deadeye yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Of all the ways I could describe a Scourge, “unkillable” is not an adjective I would use.

Yeah, and i’ve been trading 50/50 with them (the decent ones that don’t try and just full burst with no defensive skills). Mostly it depends on how much life force I have left, and the fight is mainly dictated by me. The problem with deadeye in spvp against scourge is that you can easily hide behind obstacles, and they can’t step onto the point to decap or contest, because your shades can still get them.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mac.7249

Mac.7249

Everyone complaining scourge is too overpowered is obviously unskilled at player vs player. its doable with any class to avoid being bursted. don’t spam all your skills off cooldown, and don’t waste your escapes – i’m not going to tell you how to counter scourge, because that’s your job…

you; “boohoo scourge puts necro on an even playing field nerf nerf nerf”
Anet; " Scourge is equal now? not for long! "
me; “what else is new?”

[rant]
setting aside the obvious flaws in design. the kitten portal, and many “why?” utility mechanics. any other class get useless utilities? i meen for pve, wvw/spvp sure they have great use. but how many monsters have boons to rip for that tiny tick of torment/cripple? in my mind scourge was anet’s answer to the boonshare/condi meta. vanilla necro had no noteworthy condition application only manipulation. reaper wasn’t suppose to be condi spec, but its more bursty than vanilla, and it’s still laughable. even at 100% duration it barely topped 35 bleeds and only for what 8s? less on champions due to innate condition resistance. scourge offers better burst at shorter intervals. overpowered? hell no. balanced and much needed for the CONDITION KING? yes… stop being baddies and ‘l2p’ yes we’re back to that… go sit in free for all and get good like everybody else.
[/rant]

TC Necromonger

in Necromancer

Sabre.8627

Just to be clear I was strictly talking condi builds. Power is a whole other story and power/ranged dps is the clear counter to scourge.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Everyone complaining scourge is too overpowered is obviously unskilled at player vs player. its doable with any class to avoid being bursted. don’t spam all your skills off cooldown, and don’t waste your escapes – i’m not going to tell you how to counter scourge, because that’s your job…

me; “what else is new?”

[rant]
setting aside the obvious flaws in design. the kitten portal, and many “why?” utility mechanics. any other class get useless utilities? i meen for pve, wvw/spvp sure they have great use. but how many monsters have boons to rip for that tiny tick of torment/cripple? in my mind scourge was anet’s answer to the boonshare/condi meta. vanilla necro had no noteworthy condition application only manipulation. reaper wasn’t suppose to be condi spec, but its more bursty than vanilla, and it’s still laughable. even at 100% duration it barely topped 35 bleeds and only for what 8s? less on champions due to innate condition resistance. scourge offers better burst at shorter intervals. overpowered? hell no. balanced and much needed for the CONDITION KING? yes… stop being baddies and ‘l2p’ yes we’re back to that… go sit in free for all and get good like everybody else.
[/rant]

This. I mean, the freaking class mechanic is a shining yellow beacon, it should be obvious that if you stay in it, kitten is going to happen, and not good kitten, very terrible kitten.

Nope, I got people trying to melee me all weekend thinking they are king kitten. Won some 1v3s as well. They were likely bad players but the anti-melee the scourge has is hilarious.

Now, if F3 can be traited to break stuns, we’d be the shining example of perfect.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

me; “what else is new?”

[rant]
[/rant]

This. I mean, the freaking class mechanic is a shining yellow beacon, it should be obvious that if you stay in it, kitten is going to happen, and not good kitten, very terrible kitten.

Nope, I got people trying to melee me all weekend thinking they are king kitten. Won some 1v3s as well. They were likely bad players but the anti-melee the scourge has is hilarious.

Now, if F3 can be traited to break stuns, we’d be the shining example of perfect.

WHAAAT? i thought you wanted necro condis nerfed?

in Necromancer

Tiresias.6473

Just to be clear I was strictly talking condi builds. Power is a whole other story and power/ranged dps is the clear counter to scourge.

Does it not make sense in many ways that a Necromancer would have a very strong condition-based build?

Again, this is a build that folds really hard to anything that can attack it with power-based attacks, even from melee range (back out during Sand Shroud).

My power-based Reaper build was just tearing through Scourges (and Deadeyes, and Mirages). Check this out: I was using a minion build — the one that shunts conditions off to your minions, who then put the conditions on the targets they are attacking.

A Firebrand killed himself with his own burning. It was comical.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

me; “what else is new?”

[rant]
[/rant]

WHAAAT? i thought you wanted necro condis nerfed?

I have no idea what you are saying and how it responds to what i said.