If corrupt boon goes to 5

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Can we get it on a shorter cool down? I got to thinking, and even Spinal Shivers is a 16 second cooldown and removes 3 plus adds chill and what-not. The conversions aren’t that powerful and we deal about 600+ damage to ourselves and reduce healing effectiveness for 7 seconds even if we miss. I feel like 40 seconds on a 5 boon ripper that hurts us too is a little steep, assuming this goes through.

Not to mention the added RNG this gives us because of things like Lyssa or Eles who always have tons of boons, now we have to cross out fingers and just pray that Stability is taken while they can reapply all their boons in about 10 seconds. It’d be nice if we could just it more frequently and reliably, if they’re going to nerf it.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Well yeah, would be nice to reduce it’s CD since it takes up an utility slot on top of it. Reducing spinal shivers cast time would go a long way too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I kinda get why this skill is being nerfed, since it seems insanely OP when used under ideal circumstances. But it would be nice if it were compensated heavily for a nerf like, or at least prioritized Stability, Vigor, and Protection.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

I kinda get why this skill is being nerfed, since it seems insanely OP when used under ideal circumstances. But it would be nice if it were compensated heavily for a nerf like, or at least prioritized Stability, Vigor, and Protection.

Agreed, at least have a priority system, with at LEAST stability being #1, all else, I really don’t mind having to work around.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

It should work right before being nerfed, still seems to have weird los issues where it just misses for no reason you can discern.

And no self poison if it misses has to happen.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

It should work right before being nerfed, still seems to have weird los issues where it just misses for no reason you can discern.

And no self poison if it misses has to happen.

You’d think, but that’s not how things are handled in the necro district :S

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Dispelling boons does have a priority system on some skills. More info here.

It’s unclear what Corrupt Boon’s priority system will be, though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Dispelling boons does have a priority system on some skills. More info here.

It’s unclear what Corrupt Boon’s priority system will be, though.

Hmm, this old test done suggests Necro’s corrupt well was opposite thieves with Stability being a last target for us. Not sure how accurate this is, but if its true, seems like we got the shaft if corrupt uses this order.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/48579-conversion-of-boons-to-conditions-compilation/

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

It better not. That’d be infuriating.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I always thought boon removal/conversion was first in last out.
Considering how fast boons get put up, corrupt boon does not need a nerf.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

I seriously see no reason for CB to be nerfed. It’s already hard to even get it to land. Then I look at Ele, Guardian and Engi’s being able to completely cleanse those condis or even turn them right back into boons just as fast as we can convert them. So I ask you, why?

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Yeah I wish I knew. They want to “make good utilities weaker to make weaker ones more purposeful”. Which is great since CB already wasnt OP. it changed 3-4 Boons on most basic enemies. No problem. It hurt the most boon lovers who could just get them all back in a second anyways. Now it doesn’t hurt them as much while they keep up full Boons easier now. While still has a long cd and misses a lot and poisons us. I’m really starting to question these balancers… :S

in Necromancer

Posted by: NerfedWar.8749

NerfedWar.8749

taking into account how quickly some professions can stack boons and how hard it is to actually land this ability, a cooldown reduction or some sort of LF gain on use will be required to keep this slotted, otherwise it may turn into yet another never used utility.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

I don’t see any justification for nerfing this skill. Necros were meant to be able to control boons. This skill was our bunker breaker, it was one of the few skills we had that made us unique in tournaments. Limiting it this way, makes our effectiveness in this role to do a nose dive.
I’m afraid they did to this skill, what they did to corrosive poison cloud.
With all the boosts we got, this nerf makes the entire patch bitter for me.

Oh and by the way, something being “insanely powerful under ideal circumstances” can’t be called OP.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

(edited by Burjis.3087)

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

I don’t see any justification for nerfing this skill. Necros were meant to be able to control boons. This skill was our bunker breaker, it was one of the few skills we had that made us unique in tournaments. Limiting it this way, makes our effectiveness in this role to do a nose dive.
I’m afraid they did to this skill, what they did to corrosive poison cloud.
With all the boosts we got, this nerf makes the entire patch bitter for me.

Oh and by the way, something being “insanely powerful under ideal circumstances” can’t be called OP.

Not to mention in order for us to hit that “ideal window” to feel OP, the target would have to have basically all boons, in which case they’re extremely OP. and most times if someone can stack Boone that well if we only get rid of 5 they’ll be right back a second later. CB was the only way we could even handle most boon lovers in spvp. Without it they win attrition every single time.