Ignored Class?

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: mattattack.1673

mattattack.1673

Anyone else ever feel like this community suggests to do so much to the necro and improve the class (because almost everyone agrees we are underpowered) ?

If you do not agree the class is underpowered in WvW, SPvP, please explain why.

Also, everyone agrees that the thief is overpowered yet i have not seen much done. Maybe this upcoming patch will fix just that; i simply just love the necromancer class and frankly cannot play anything else

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Its not UP in WvW. It used to be OP in PVP previously and currently is still viable. Dunno about sPVP. “Everyone” thinks thieves are a nuisance and yak killers in WvW and do bring utility to a zerg, but are not OP as they are fragile.

PvE is another matter though.

For the reasons in WvW, read the threads in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/In-WvW-the-real-attrition-class-P-D-thief/.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

The Necro is not underpowered in WvW? is this why you barely see any of them there? Necro are good baits/decoy in open battleground because they’re only good to badge farm on them and efficient sentries for fort defence (which is seldom a good idea)

Let’s face it, Necro’s are the laughing stock in WvW. Ask around if you’re brave to face the same general opinion.

(edited by Yendorion.2381)

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

the devs are suffering from a severe case of FOBO (Fear Of Being Overpowered)

It is a terrible crippling affliction that resides only in the minds of the developers.

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

To address the title of the thread: I’d say that the changes to each class have been minimal. If you call necromancers ignored, you have to say something very similar about every other class in the game.

I’m also suspicious about ‘everyone’ agreeing on anything regarding class balance, but I don’t think there’s much to be said about perceived consensus.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

mattattack.1673

i agree with all your posts. I mean the necro DOES have it’s uses. Such as fearing sieges at gates, an incoming zerg.. but then again other classes to have walls that that do the same thing. The more i think about it, the more i notice how necro just has a bunch of skills that other classes do better. Which really sucks, because again, i absolutely am in love with necros and have spent countless hours playing them.

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

mattattack.1673

It is a terrible crippling affliction that resides only in the minds of the developers.

I’d rather have a class that is slightly overpowered and playable than a class that is completely inferior to other classes and not worth playing with in WvW.

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

We aren’t UP, stop complaining. Thieves aren’t OP either. There are a few specific builds/abilities going around that need minor nerfs to bring them in line, and that is it.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

I’d rather have a class that is slightly overpowered and playable than a class that is completely inferior to other classes and not worth playing with in WvW.

agreed

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Khal Drogo.9631

I will just copy and paste my post:

“CHIPS.6018:
Are you trying to claim that Plague is useful in wvw?
And are you trying to claim that Life Transfer won’t get interrupted in a zerg fight?

1) Yes. Ever use it with food life steal buffs in a zerg fight aka zerg vs zerg b4 with blindness? And it is useful in PVE as well. In fact, I would say that I “led” zergs to victory quite a few times especially while defending and capturing Stonemist/forts/towers. In fact I switched from Engi to Necro once specifically to break a group defending at its tower lord after 20 min to 30 min of fruitless assaults.
2) No but u can stay of out of range for most melee interrupts etc. In my experience no one targets the Necro in Life Transfer until they realize they are getting hit for lots of damage + Sigil of Air / Fire proc on crit. Even then they may not know the source of the damage in a zerg. If u are running with a guardian in a zerg, Stability will work wonders too or if you really want to do hardcore wvw, run runes of lyssa, pop ur elite (perhaps flesh golem) and then go do a life transfer. More importantly, if it isn’t on CD, good luck to thieves running away after stealth"

Can a mesmer lead a zerg? Or break it? Especially shatter builds. An elementalist could if he/she was bunker D/D. As to why they are so few necros in WvW now, it could simply because everyone is in PVE farming (which I am).

I think its no point responding to trolls about badge farming a particular class. I once beat a warrior manu-a-manu with my necromancer in JP arena. Would a thief like to get into the ring not pre-stealthed with a necro?

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Khal Drogo.9631

i agree with all your posts. I mean the necro DOES have it’s uses. Such as fearing sieges at gates, an incoming zerg.. but then again other classes to have walls that that do the same thing. The more i think about it, the more i notice how necro just has a bunch of skills that other classes do better. Which really sucks, because again, i absolutely am in love with necros and have spent countless hours playing them.

Necros have wells and marks which can be applied on walls and gates and not just for Fear, both offensively and defensively. Can any other class do them? On that subject, Guardians wall shield is useless against both since they are not projectiles.

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

mattattack.1673

Khal, i have to agree you have valid points. and this is starting to become a very controversial subject.

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

I am interested in knowing what Anet plans to do with the necro. We hasn’t gotten any news update about that for a while.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Let’s face it, Necro’s are the laughing stock in WvW. Ask around if you’re brave to face the same general opinion.

If you’re talking about random, power or minion spec necro’s wandering around in pugs, mindless zergs or solo, then yeah there’s not a lot that’s appealing about them. That is something which does need some serious attention because they’re mostly bloody awful or in the ‘extremely hard’ bracket to play- against living opponents.

Well-bomber and Condition-spec necro’s (or semi-hybrids of both) in well stacked, coordinated guild groups are greatly feared and for a whole lot of synergy reasons that don’t just revolve around spike-DPS. They’re the reasons the why the frontline friendlies have no conditions/CC on them, getting healed and enemy is always blind, chilled, has no buffs and multitudes of them dying very quickly.
The deficiencies of the necro (lack of buffs, stability etc) are also covered by other classes working together as a combat unit, so they do fill an important role that isn’t really covered 100% as well by others.

Is it as good or effective as it could be and doesn’t need improvement?
Certainly not, there’s a lot of work to be done on this career.
But the flipside is that the opposition has the same problems as well and I make a point of leveraging of what strengths necro’s do have, rather than make them try to do something as well as another career can, then get all upset about trying to fit a round peg in a square hole.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

(edited by Thresher.3049)

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Noerknhar.3826

Noerknhar.3826

There is a patch coming soon. I bet they fix our plague signet that’s doing literaly nothing since beta.

Haha, just kidding, they won’t.

Enuerus Derune – Necromancer, Sylvari
[NO] ~ Ponys Will Never Die

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

lol mate, I reckon you’d be safe betting wads of gold that nothing gets done for a very, very long time!

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

There is a patch coming soon. I bet they fix our plague signet that’s doing literaly nothing since beta.

Haha, just kidding, they won’t.

Plague signet works. Try again.

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Noerknhar.3826

Noerknhar.3826

I just did. It doesn’t.

Enuerus Derune – Necromancer, Sylvari
[NO] ~ Ponys Will Never Die

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

I just did. It doesn’t.

Describe to me, exactly, what part of the skill is not working in this thread and I will look into it tomorrow.

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

I think that Necro just very situational in WvW.
In a huge Zerg with people running around with 5FPS you can spam marks and enter DS to Life Transfer and have enough health to be among the last ones to die.

The mass deaths will refill your Life Force in moments from 0% to 100% when you exit Death Shroud, to the point where your cooldown often won’t even be done.
The Marks also allow you to suppress Walls very well.

However when you are just roaming you gain way less Life Force and since you are slower than most Professions it’s extremely hard to escape.
(You might be surprised to learn that many Mesmers are actually slower than Necros, and as such you can often outrun them.)

Benight[Edge]

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

On the engineer forum, the same thing gets posted over and over. Trust me, your class is not the only ‘forgotten’ one.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

On the engineer forum, the same thing gets posted over and over. Trust me, your class is not the only ‘forgotten’ one.

Each class needs some love in specific respects, youd ask me from my kinda limited pvp knowledge by priority id go with: Ranger, Engie, Ele, Necro, Guardian, Mesmer, Thief, Warrior
Ofc there are some aspects of some of them that need to be tuned down, but that doesnt mean that the class doesnt have parts that are overlooked and just worse than they should be to be a viable build.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Just needs a few bug fixes, I dont see us being UP at all. There are few changes I would like to see, but thats just me (looking at you reanimator).

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aqualung.8561

Aqualung.8561

I just came back to check the forums and see if anything has been done to improve the Necromancer.

I guess not, right?

We’ve been promised balance fixes and bug fixes since the release and nothing has been done pretty much.

Awesome

Ignored Class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

I just came back to check the forums and see if anything has been done to improve the Necromancer.

I guess not, right?

We’ve been promised balance fixes and bug fixes since the release and nothing has been done pretty much.

Awesome

Necro fixes are confirmed to arrive the day before ANET shuts down GW2 servers. :P