Immbolized for years....

Immbolized for years....

in Necromancer

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Hello all

I mainly roam in wvw and sometimes fight in small group play. I was wondering how do you deal with immobilize, immobilize, immobilize, immobilize during fights? I typically run staff Scepter/dagger and run a chilling build that works quite well so far. I usually do pretty well 1v2 or 1v3, but a when I get immobilized the entire small group bombs me like no tomorrow and not much I can do.

I run flesh wurm or spec walk and other utilities that support chilling/blinds.

Any advice is appreciated!

Immbolized for years....

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Transfering it off is the usual method (Putrid Mark doesn’t require facing and transfers Blind). I’ve been running Shrouded Removal lately and have to admit, it’s better than I first gave it credit for. You usually find yourself in Death Shroud anyway if you get immobilized because it’s the one thing you can do against the burst that usually follows.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

Immbolized for years....

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

What you can try to do is stay out of the way of the enemy train (which is usually not as easy as it seems… especially if you are outnumbered). I would recommend saving your Deathly Swarm and Putrid Mark for when you really need it. I’ve seen a lot of Necros just use staff marks one after another, but if you really concentrate to NOT use mark #4 when you got 0 condis on you, chances are the next time you are in a pickle and you swap to staff, it will be ready… and if it’s a group coming towards you while you are immobilized, burning, bleeding, etc., and you cast Putrid Mark on them, every single condi will be off of you. Other than that, try to space out your usage of Wurm and S.Walk so that one of em will always be up. But if you are in a REALLY big pickle (ranger rooted, CCed and have 4 people on you or something)… you can start Spectral Walk, then use Wurm teleport and heal. Keep running away from the group, then when S.Walk is nearly done, teleport alllll the way back where you first used it. That should usually create a nice distance. You can also enter DS, use Tainted Shackles then Life Transfer so enemies will be rooted and you tank a bit with Life Transfer. You can also try to position yourself near NPCs like skelks and what not so if you get rooted and you are facing one of them, you can Dark Path to them to create some distance from you and the enemies. If you have like 3 people melee-ing you down and one ranger or something attacking from range, you can also Dark Path to the Ranger to create distance from you and the 3 melee.

Other than that… I don’t know if there’s anything magical you can do to protect yourself, other than as Drarnor mentioned, using Shrouded Removal. A lot of the times your instinct tells you to enter DS if you get immobilized in a tough spot, and that might help. Immobilize is one of the things that kills me most on Necro and sometimes there’s not much you can do other than pray (to Grenth) :P

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

Immbolized for years....

in Necromancer

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Thanks very much for advice guys, really appreciate it. I think you’re the youtube guy with the OP videos on necros Marin Methane?…thanks for posting those too if so because I love your runes of torment along with krait runes…works really well with the utilities flesh wurm, spec walk, etc as well to sustain in fights because let’s face it…necros have one choice fight, there is no running lol

Immbolized for years....

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

kitten it, this thread had 666 views and then I clicked on it! Sorry guys! :p

As to the OP’s question, since Flesh Wurm isn’t very useful in WvW, I would also echo shrouded removal. Putrid Mark, unfortunately, won’t work while immobilised. Although marks don’t require facing when you’re moving (you can run and throw one behind you no problem), they do when you’re standing still. Try it yourself: if you’re immobilised and you try to drop a mark behind you it’ll go into 5" cooldown. I’ve complained about this before and also posted about it in the bug forums.
If you’re fighting a melee opponent, you can drop it at your feet andd wait for them to close in, hoping they won’t use one of the endless evade-spam attack skills every melee weapon except ours seems to have to do it. If not and they stay behind you for the duration of the immobilise, jump into DS and eat the burst.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

Immbolized for years....

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

@RodOfDeath
Haha indeed I am Haven’t made a video in centuries though…
I’m glad you are enjoying the playstyle, Necro roaming is not the easiest but once you get in the groove, it can be really satisfying.
Yeah it’s true Necros have to be really committed to fights once they start… and even when you want to run, you often have to fight enemies off of you as you run, but I guess that’s where Spectral Walk and Wurm help

@manveruppd, I’ve never encountered that Putrid Mark problem, I don’t think that has ever happened to me… but if it’s bugged like that it sucks O.o

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

Immbolized for years....

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Much of what everyone else said.. Transfers are your go-to condition removal (staff/dagger4) or plague signet. Well of power is also a nice way to keep some nasty conditions off of you.

Also, you can minimize threat by using offensive conditions of your own like fear from staff or ds3 until the immobilize wears off.

It usually takes time to understand any classes strengths and weaknesses. The necromancer has few tools in the ways of shear stability but we are particularly good at using offense as a defense.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)