Improving Parasitic Contagion

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

This trait is currently heavily underperforming. Main problem with this trait is that its benefit isnt as reliable as similar traits due to condi cleansing, and its useless to for non damaging conditions. This is also mainly a defensive trait, as the other Grandmaster trait options in this line are either fully offensive or a balance between offence and defense.

So to fix the issue i suggest to change the trait completly:

Heal a small amount for each outgoing condition (30 health per condition stack).
If one of your conditions get removed you siphon 150 health from that foe (per stack of condition removed)

This could enable some nice builds and would cause a gameplay change worthy of a grandmaster trait.

Suggestions and Opinions on this?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

First I’d just like to make it work in Shroud. We don’t have PTRs, so just make it live. If it continues to suck balls as hard as it does now, then think about changing that.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

First I’d just like to make it work in Shroud. We don’t have PTRs, so just make it live. If it continues to suck balls as hard as it does now, then think about changing that.

This. Make it work in shroud first, then evaluate from there. Chances are, it will still suck, but then it would be a more mathematical problem than design.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Make it a minor?

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The problem is that it is only underperforming in PvP. It is god like in PvE for defense.

You can tank 5 champs with this trait + epidemic.

Not sure how to fix this. They really need to separate balance.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The problem is that it is only underperforming in PvP. It is god like in PvE for defense.

How often do you cluster 5 champions together in the same fight?

A: never?

Stop with the hypotheticals and introduce real world situations please.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Brujeria.7536

Yeah thats basicly it. Even if it would work trough shroud, the moments the sustain will be good are those moments where you dont need it anymore. If i can get multiple high damage ticks of condis onto multiple or one targets to make this skill worth it im playing open world pve, when im playing pve i would pick a trait that gives me more damage.

Furthermore these trait is useless with at least half of the other condis in the game, if i where to make a new build that relys on debuffing my enemy this trait is useless, which is just simply sad because this trait alone could open up new ways to create builds around it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Agreed with making it work in DS. I think the trait is decent in WvW when you don’t have a support with you… but it would be much, much better if it worked in DS imo because a Necro keeps going in and out of DS cuz… that’s just how the class works. If you’re in DS 40% of the time… the trait is 40% weaker because the condis still tick but you literally get nothing out of them.
So if you look at it like that, it’s not even “10%” healing.. more like 6%.

I often drop a condi bomb on a group in WvW and then pop DS with Locust Swarm to ride out the storm and it would be pretty nice to get heals from all the condis while in DS.

As for sPvP… I think Weakening Shroud is king :P weakness is another form of defense.
Even if Parasitic Contagion worked in DS, I doubt it would be better than Weakening Shroud there. With all the insane condi clears going all over the place, you need all the condis you can get. At least that’s my opinion

I do like the idea of it being a punishment for condi clears. That function on top of the 10% heals could work well.. but I think others already said that the 1st issue is it not working in DS.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Just make it hard cap on, let’s say, 1500 or 2000 hp/s. Won’t affect PvP or WvW whatsoever.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Brujeria.7536

As for sPvP… I think Weakening Shroud is king :P weakness is another form of defense.
Even if Parasitic Contagion worked in DS, I doubt it would be better than Weakening Shroud there. With all the insane condi clears going all over the place, you need all the condis you can get. At least that’s my opinion

Yeah i think of weakening shroud as a hybrid trait there, you get the nice defense of weakness with some bleed stacks for damage. The thing is i can always choose this trait as a solid middleground for both pure condi or celestial builds, i even can use it as a reaper.

However, if Parasitic Contagion would be a reliable defensive option for every condi user i could be tempted to play around with stuff like master of corruptions. CPC is actually nice with master of corruptions, i get similar effects with a traited CPC. The thing is if the trait would reliably heal me whenever i get a condition and when one of my condition gets removed i get an incredible synergy here, i get healed trough the condis my corruptions apply to my enemies, the condis they apply to myself, then i could transfer the condis of myself to get the heal when one of your condis get removed of a target, and then i get some healing again if i did transfer the condis to my enemy.

The possibilities would be insane and this trait would fix so much problems with condi necro at the moment compared to a generic damage → healing kinda trait.

They could even split it up like one part of the trait gives lifeforce instead of health to fix the lifeforce problems as condimancer without forcing you into SR.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Daily? When don’t you clump up every enemy around and aoe them down?

Pretty much every dungeon path, SW, Dry Top, Orr, every high level zone and activity in the game involves grabbing as many enemies as possible and AOE’ing them down.

Guess you don’t play PvE, but this is pretty common.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

The thing is if the trait would reliably heal me whenever i get a condition and when one of my condition gets removed i get an incredible synergy here, i get healed trough the condis my corruptions apply to my enemies, the condis they apply to myself, then i could transfer the condis of myself to get the heal when one of your condis get removed of a target, and then i get some healing again if i did transfer the condis to my enemy.

I think it could also be really interesting if the trait siphoned life from people who apply condis to you and maybe you siphon life from people who cleanse your condis or you siphon life from people you apply condis to. Or if instead the 10% healing is 10% life siphoning…

They could even split it up like one part of the trait gives lifeforce instead of health to fix the lifeforce problems as condimancer without forcing you into SR.

I think that could be awesome. “Get lifeforce each time you apply a condition to an enemy.” Of course it could have an internal cooldown, but the synergy with something like Locust Swarm, or Plague, or CPC, or wells would be pretty amazing. I think the trait has a lot of potential and a lot of ways they could go with it cuz the way it is now.. it’s good.. but there’s obvious loop hols in it.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I would make it work in shroud and then add the following effect:
“Condition you transfer use your condition stats/traits.”
This means that conditions we transfer are not only stronger (most cases you have a higher condition stats and your added duration), they also heal you and can proc some traits. It is very niche but I think it fits it very well.

EverythingOP