Input for pvp Deathshroud build

in Necromancer

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Here’s the build that I’ve been running in solo que. I had originally run with A/F + D/WH however switched D/WH for staff to avoid condition bombs.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAndWjMaV7hbab07JEpC8C0j3rWcGqHrD88hA-ToAA1E1oqxVjpGZN2aGfc+YCB

I’ve had decent success playing a ‘mixed’ role of roaming/defending as Ive found this to be the best route to go with given the current state of solo que – you need to be a little bit good at everything as you can’t rely on others knowing how to fulfill a specific role that would compliment yours, let alone what role you have built for.

Anyway, it’s a jack of all trades build, decent damage, some cc, decent survivability and alright offensive support in stacking vuln/conditions with staff, also lots of chill uptime but it wont rival full on chill builds, also good retal uptime, but not as high as retal builds.

The main things I’m looking for are; could the spec be changed slightly to add anything unique/new? I’m finding that once opponents figure out that you aren’t condition spec and that DS = dodge now, you basically have nothing to keep them on their toes. The spec is very basic and straightforward, basically identical to a similar pve build, and I’m noticing that savvy opponents are figuring it all out too quickly. What could be added to shake up the game a bit?

Thx, I might not have explained this well so if its unclear what I’m going for do ask.

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

It’s just my opinion, but I don’t think it’s the most effective DS build. There is very little sustain for DS. If you get targeted I think you’ll be out of DS in like two seconds lol This is my interpretation of a spectral sustainment DS build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRBHbhG2IjW1e4m2G9eCBSx7hLRKQGlh6h7sOfIA-TwAg0E6o2xtjRH5O2dGEsIYXw5jZBA

But if you have had success with it, keep rocking it lol

Teef master race

in Necromancer

azuzephyr.7280

Have tried that variant and for me at least it was less successful, the extra ds didn’t cover the lack of survival using zerk amulet.

I am having success with my build but I’d say less success/input ratio than I do using a terror build. For group play I always switch back to terror, it’s just far more effective and my DS build doesn’t bring anything unique to the table that someone else couldn’t do better and whilst doing more reliable damage

in Necromancer

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

You could take 15 curses for fury and try to boost precision to 30% so it’d be 100% in death shroud. You’d get +7% crit chance from the 15 in curses, you can get about 10% from rune of the pack (also gaining 165 power) and sigil or accuracy, and a further 6% from a +125 precision jewel bringing you up to that +30% crit chance. Then you’d have 80% chance in death shroud, with 100% chance for the first 5 seconds of death shroud with the fury. Reducing the rate at which life force drains is better than focusing on increasing the life force gain from utilities in my opinion, so I would change piercing for that. Well of suffering can be nice to increase vulnerability stacks while ticking for decent damage, despite it having a long CD. Having high crit chance in death shroud can put it to good effect.

Alternatively, if you’re looking for survival only improvements, I recommend changing that 10 in death magic to shrouded removal. Changing the dagger to a focus as well might help you handle conditions via dagger 4’s condition transfer. It’s not necessarily better than the regeneration; that’s situational. Dagger 5 wouldn’t be must use unless you want to apply weakness for some defense, but it’s limited by a long CD. Focus 4 vulnerability and boon rip on focus 5 are both useful. It’s just something to think about if you haven’t already =P.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in Necromancer

azuzephyr.7280

I have experimented a little with the 100% crit specs, ultimately they achieved the same results just made the spec a little glassier/burstier. Ideally I’m looking for some kind of angle that would take the spec to the next level, not just achieving acceptable damage.

I think the build is really suffering form identity confusion, ironic as this was my goal but it just feels that my guard/Mesmer can do this better whilst still maintaining good damage and having a strong role within pvp [setting up shatter burst/melee pressure]. I thought maybe someone might have had a brainwave/special mix of traits that I hadn’t tried tht would turn the build into something slightly more useful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: victornajduch.4859

victornajduch.4859

I just ran through 10+ SPVP games with this – http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRBHbhG2IjWoe4m2G9eiAqw7jegMlxMqHubdnD-T0Ag0CnIKSVkrITRyisFNIYRx2izHTCA

and it worked SUPER well.

in Necromancer

azuzephyr.7280

Now that is new, will definitely try it out, thanks

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Victornajduch,

Yea that’s a pretty good build. I played it some tonight. Why that runeset though?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Necromancer

Posted by: victornajduch.4859

victornajduch.4859

Victornajduch,

Yea that’s a pretty good build. I played it some tonight. Why that runeset though?

I tried to maximize stability for stomping purposes. With Lyssa, you get it when you summon the flesh golem and when you have him charge. Crit chance is paramount too, so taking runes that gave bonuses to both seemed like a good option.

(edited by victornajduch.4859)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Havent played a ds camping build in pvp in a while. Might give it an other go. Been using a shroud dancer setup:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRBIhdG1IjW1e2m3G9mCQqQzQF2NSxxKT9Ae0PH-TwAg0CtIMSZkzIjRSjsGN6YBy+j5HA

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE