Insta casts

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

How many insta cast skills does necro have compared to other classes?
The ones I know of the top of my head are:

-Wurm teleport
-spectral skills (not wall and grasp)
-Doom

Is this right? Any I forgot? 4 is not that much
Cast times on the necro are very long (compare to my ele) and are often interrupted.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Sounds right to me.

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Corrupt boon and plague signet

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Corrupt boon and plague signet

Corrupt Boon isn’t a true insta-cast. The cast time is negligible (something like .1 seconds) but it is there. This is why you can’t cast it while stunned. The same is true for Wall of Reflection on Guardians.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

They want the necro to have those slow casting times, which is a shame, really.

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Corrupt boon can’t be cast while stunned but according to the tool tip there is no cast time. If he had asked what skills are insta cast that can still be used while stunned I suppose my answer would be wrong.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I think CB counts as instant. I’ve never seen it being interrupted, which would have happened at some point by chance even if the cast time was extremely short.

-Wurm teleport
-spectral skills (not wall and grasp)
-Doom

Is this right? Any I forgot? 4 is not that much

Basically it’s just Doom and all stun breaks, so that would be 6.
7 if you include Corrupt Boon.
And there are a few racial skill which are instant casts, like Technobabble or Battle Roar.
Also, if you want to count skills that can be used while stunned: You can swap weapons and go into DS. That means you can use sigil skills like Geomancy’s Rings of Earth. Or if you traited Weakening Shroud you can “cast” Enfeeble.

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I think theres the minion active skills that werent mentioned. Though only bone minion exploding is the only one which will also hit instantly, since the immob/blind take time to charge up and hit.

It could have been lag, but im pretty sure I got corrupt boon interupted this week. But i think it didnt go on 5sec timer.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

I’m only counting those you can use while stunned. So than it’s 6?

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I’m only counting those you can use while stunned. So than it’s 6?

Well it is not a instant cast but well of power can also be cast while stunned (unless you are in the air). So 6 and half?^^

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Putrid Explosion, Rigor Mortis, Haunt, Necrotic Traversal, Spectral Armor, Spectral Walk/Recall, Plague Signet, and Doom. So 8 true instant cast skills afaik.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

What about our elite plague form? It also should be instant cast.
DS is also instant though i dont know if you would consider it as Skill.

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Nothing is truly instant cast unless it can be used while stunned, which I’m fairly sure Plague can’t. DS isn’t technically a skill afaik, although yes it is instant cast.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Nothing is truly instant cast unless it can be used while stunned, which I’m fairly sure Plague can’t. DS isn’t technically a skill afaik, although yes it is instant cast.

Really? I was under the impression plague can be used while stunned…

Edit: I tested it one the svanir mob in the mists you can use plague while he knocks you down so yeah it can be used while stunned, though it doesnt remove the stun.

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

I don’t really count the minion skills because except for traversal and explosion the other have a ‘cast time’ on the minion itself. But thx

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Plague is instant but it doesnt stunbreak and it has a transform anim and delay between attacks. So it doesnt feel instant. But the stat bonus and stability is applied instantly. It can be cast while stunned though.

Doom is probably our only true instant cast as it follows the same rules as shouts.

Insta casts

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Maybe a proper definition of a instant cast would be nice since i see plague form as an instant cast so maybe our definitions are different.

For me a instant cast is a spell that can be cast without any casttime and can be cast while cced.

In the case of plague the transformation starts with pressing the key unlike Lich even if the transformation itself takes some time so i count to no cast time in my definition.