Is Downed HP fixed?

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: DigitalMan.8592

DigitalMan.8592

Did they fix downed HP today? I just went in and played and ran into a champ and got downed, had more HP and immediately rally’d up and went on fighting, i have actually NEVER seen that happen playing this game.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

If you want to test it for yourself, get downed, and observe the red -number that pops up as your natural degeneration. (Not a bleeding / poisoned / burning number) Multiply that number by 13.3 – If it’s similar to your maximum health when standing then yes, it’s fixed. If it’s only about 1/3rd of your standing health, then it’s still broken. If it’s anything else, it’s broken in a different way.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Execrable.1064

Execrable.1064

No, it’s not fixed. I played my necromancer last night in wvw some and it is frustrating. I really want to play my necromancer as my main, but I refuse until this is fixed. I hate being angry when I die so incredibly fast after being downed. I’m amazed that other folks who play a lot of wvw with their necromancers can stomach it.

80s – elementalist, engineer, guardian, mesmer, necromancer

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

No, it’s not fixed. I played my necromancer last night in wvw some and it is frustrating. I really want to play my necromancer as my main, but I refuse until this is fixed. I hate being angry when I die so incredibly fast after being downed. I’m amazed that other folks who play a lot of wvw with their necromancers can stomach it.

After I hit 1000 deaths (didn’t even get a free toaster) I gave up looking at them. Fortunatly I can play the market a bit so repairs don’t hurt much, but I would much prefer a fix. An in-game single time clone (behind the scenes or not) to give us the fix would also be nice as the new necro’s seem to have it.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Execrable.1064

Execrable.1064

I think it’s possible that they can’t figure out how to fix it. This isn’t something like a bugged trait or a bugged weapon skill. This affects every single necromancer outside structured pvp that gets downed. I hope they’re willing to go to drastic measures (like rerolling and regearing each necro with the problem that submits a ticket) rather than just give up.

80s – elementalist, engineer, guardian, mesmer, necromancer

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

I don’t understand why it should be that hard to fix, surely somewhere there is a number that says how much based downed health we have (or more specifically, a multiplier of our normal health). Also since the bug doesn’t exist in PvP, they should have fully function code or whatever that they can look at.

I’m more curious how they said they already fixed it for newly created necromancers – makes you wonder how these things are calculated.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Downed HP should be a x3 multiplier of base HP.

It is this way for EVERY class but Necro, however since Necro’s is different it must be hard-coded in the class, I refer to class from an Object Oriented programming point of view when I say class in this post.

New Necros would be objects made from a new class that is the same as Necro in every way but with the correct multiplier, probably just an inherited class.

sPvP is probably also a separate class generating objects with correct downed HP, meaning that logging into sPvP your character is technically a separate one from PvE.

The issue probably stems from converting all present Necros from their present objects into the new Necro class object with correct Downed HP. If that’s how characters are stored in memory, it could incur a very time and resource consuming process to convert every Necro in memory.

A lot of the skills in this game lead me to believe that very little in the engine is programmed for dynamic values, instead having static instances that get swapped around as needed.

But that’s all just my best explanation to why they seem to be having so much trouble, any other explanation could probably be fixed with very little issue.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I think it’s possible that they can’t figure out how to fix it. This isn’t something like a bugged trait or a bugged weapon skill. This affects every single necromancer outside structured pvp that gets downed. I hope they’re willing to go to drastic measures (like rerolling and regearing each necro with the problem that submits a ticket) rather than just give up.

This isn’t entirely true – this was not an issue until a patch that happened a couple of months ago… Also, it has been fixed for new Necromancers.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I don’t believe the issue first popped up a couple months ago with a patch, I think people finally noticed and tested it at that time. I can’t recall being much more durable with my necro than I am now when downed.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

This isn’t entirely true – this was not an issue until a patch that happened a couple of months ago… Also, it has been fixed for new Necromancers.

Devs have confirmed it’s linked to when DS was a downed state.
This bug has been in since before release.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

It showed up when they ‘fixed up’ our DS. We can now see our health bar hasn’t moved while we are in DS, can’t swap weaps.

It’s been fixed in sPvP & IF you roll a new necro.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

A lot of the skills in this game lead me to believe that very little in the engine is programmed for dynamic values, instead having static instances that get swapped around as needed.

This seems to be true. Another example is in skill descriptions. It seems when a skill changes, the in game mouse-over descriptions (for example damage, range, etc.) are not automatically changed! It appears that someone has to manually change the description (in the case of a skill balance) or that an alternate skill description needs to be written (in the case of skill being changed by traits). See all the problems we had with Spiteful Talisman!

There seems to be a lot of poor programming practices here.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

coding on top of bad code rather than fixing the bad code first is a bad practice.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I think it’s possible that they can’t figure out how to fix it.

Then you balance around it to make up for it. The length of time this bug is out there unfixed is ridiculous and puts us at a huge disadvantage anytime we are down.

Give the Necro a new downed skill that totally refills his (midget) downed health pool, or just a new or improved skill overall to help us survive longer like other classes. Maybe increase the fear to 3 seconds and make it AOE.

Or how about have our downed state revert to Death Shroud that becomes filled again upon normal death, and if we can’t kill someone by the time it runs out (sort of like warrior Vengeance) then we are dead for good when it runs out.

Either way, something has to be done. And if the new fix for new necromancers would make that too good, then revert even the new necros to the lesser pool again. Because I don’t see many rerolling entirely to 80, regearing, achievements, everything else, just to have a proper downed health pool.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I think at this point, reverting the new necros would be just as difficult as fixing the old ones. Same problem, only in reverse.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

I have another question relating to the downed state.

I’ve been recently running fractals (lvl 50+) and my parties noticed that there’s sometimes a big problem ressing the necro. What I mean is, sometimes, even 3 or 4 players have a hard time ressing me from the downed state. I think it can’t be poison since the difference is just insane. Sometimes we also see 53 hp ticks (what?) when ressing a defeated necro. Something is definitely WRONG.

I wasn’t able to replicate the issue yet, as I’m not even sure what causes it, but I’ll keep trying. One idea I had is maybe they were trying to fix the downed state and something was broken during the process.

Can someone confirm that such abnormal situations occur?

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

I’ve been recently running fractals (lvl 50+) and my parties noticed that there’s sometimes a big problem ressing the necro. What I mean is, sometimes, even 3 or 4 players have a hard time ressing me from the downed state. I think it can’t be poison since the difference is just insane. Sometimes we also see 53 hp ticks (what?) when ressing a defeated necro. Something is definitely WRONG.

I wasn’t able to replicate the issue yet, as I’m not even sure what causes it, but I’ll keep trying. One idea I had is maybe they were trying to fix the downed state and something was broken during the process.

It happened that to me the other day, just once in 10 months… so it’s really strange. I can’t replicate it since it only happened once but there were 4 buddies trying to res me and the heal was the exact amount you describe: 53 hp per tick.

~ The light of a new day

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Mimir.4690

It happened that to me the other day, just once in 10 months… so it’s really strange. I can’t replicate it since it only happened once but there were 4 buddies trying to res me and the heal was the exact amount you describe: 53 hp per tick.

This is interesting, I will probably look into this later as I too seemed to have experienced difficulty with multiple people rezzing me.

I don’t know the coding behind this game, however I don’t see how there could be a fix for new, rerolled Necros, but not for those who have already been playing.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Yeh, I’ve had the 53 HP a tick heals.

Im not sure how they have fixed it in sPvP & rolling a new necro.
I haven’t rolled a new necro to check. Im also not soo sure about it actually being fixed in sPvP. If Im down’ed Im in big, big trouble. Even if someone with stability doesn’t come stomp me.

I’ve known ANet to say they have fixed things, that they haven’t. So shrugs

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shala Jarias.9456

Shala Jarias.9456

As a Necro who plays a lot of Fractals I’ve noticed that when I get ressed while dying trough Agony the ticks are usually around 57-ish, when I just die normally the res ticks are about 113-ish.

My teammembers always complain when they have to res me because it takes them ages while our guardian or ranger is ressed with the normal health ticks.

It’s not only with my necro though, any necro that we took with in fractals, we had noticed the problem there.

It is really annoying but seeing we already had a kitten ton of bugs on our side it does not surprise me that much really.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: error.3540

error.3540

When you say “new necros”, how new are you talking about? Just curious because i made mine right before the start of dragonbash and getting downed (in pve and WvW) is pretty much assured death.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

When you say “new necros”, how new are you talking about? Just curious because i made mine right before the start of dragonbash and getting downed (in pve and WvW) is pretty much assured death.

Here is what we know. That post was made 20 days ago, so presumably around the 30th or 31st of May. The major end-of-month patch was on the 28th of May, so by all accounts that should have been the day the fix was implemented. Given that, starting your character right before Dragon Bash (4th-11th of June) should have been well within the window.

So I’m going to ask: when you go into downed state, what number pops up for your constant degeneration (not bleed, poison, etc or being attacked) and what is your maximum health while standing?

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

Could be that while working on fixing it they were only able to do so for new characters, as they said. But not fix the bug as a whole for everyone so it was not implemented yet. Hopefully this means that they’ve had enough time to get it done right for this next upcoming “balance” patch. If not then we are likely in for another month of waiting. We’ll see.

I am The No.

Is Downed HP fixed?

in Necromancer

Mimir.4690

New content is supposedly arriving on June 25th, and apparently included will be a major balance patch.

Hopefully this bug will be included.