Is Reanimator the worst trait in the game?

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Fadman.7058

The Fadman.7058

I am struggling to think of a use for this trait or for Jagged Horrors in general. They literally just bleed out as soon as they are summoned into the world. I remember Jagged Horrors were awesome in GW1 so what exactly happened in GW2 lol?

Can anyone here help me see the light and give me a couple positives of having Reanimator (not that we have a choice really if we are speccing into Death Magic).

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Parasitic Bond doesn’t do anything, at all.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

The Fadman.7058

Is that the one with 5 points into Spite? You actually do have a point and this one could be the worst trait in the game. I think this either heals you for nothing or some minuscule amount like .0000001% of your health at level 80. I don’t know how I forgot about this mediocre trait!

in Necromancer

Posted by: TehGFreeman.1534

TehGFreeman.1534

Jagged horrors would be decent if;

1) They Exploded into poison (without Death nova) on death (think about it TIME BOMBS BABEH!).
2) When killed they don’t grant buffs/Rally (If they still do this?)
3) They don’t loose HP over time and do Viable damage.

“Destroying my minions?, I’ll make more.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vortex.5146

Vortex.5146

After I first got 5 points in that trait line and saw a Jagged Horror pop up, I thought it would be cool. Then it died before I even got to the next mob. I tried to figure out what it’s purpose was but have never come up with a single situation that it would be helpful in. The only thing that it seems to do is prompt my toon to talk about how useful it was and every time I roll my eyes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I find it handy, especially when I’m fighting multiple mobs at once. The extra 20 toughness (Protection of the Horde, even for just a couple seconds) is really handy and it draws fire from you.

When doing 1v1s, it’s useless, but in your typical PvE environment, it’s actually quite a handy trait.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Reanimator would be cool if it summoned a jagged horror every time a minion died (no cooldown and didn’t summon off of jaggged horrors) however it would need to be made into a selectable trait or something.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

Dunno…it may be somewhat ok in a minion build with death nova. However, gluttony is in no way better. I don’t feel any noticeable effect speccing into it. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

You’re right.
But at least Parastic Bond doesn’t play against you like Reanimator does (free rally to anyone!).

Don’t forget the vampiric trait which healed enemies. That was really hilarious.

in Necromancer

The Fadman.7058

I find it handy, especially when I’m fighting multiple mobs at once. The extra 20 toughness (Protection of the Horde, even for just a couple seconds) is really handy and it draws fire from you.

When doing 1v1s, it’s useless, but in your typical PvE environment, it’s actually quite a handy trait.

Im positive jagged horrors don’t count toward that trait. And even if it did, +20 toughness for 2 seconds isn’t really that good lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I have 10 points in death on my PvP spec, and I’ve never seen the rally bug. Not saying it’s never happened, but I’m not even sure why it would happen. Minions don’t grant rally normally, why would this one?

[EG] is recruiting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Im positive jagged horrors don’t count toward that trait. And even if it did, +20 toughness for 2 seconds isn’t really that good lol

I typically get about 20 seconds or so out of a jagged horror in PvE (I don’t have minion health specced) if the enemies don’t focus it (and if they do, I’m taking that much less damage anyway). I’ll have to double-check the interaction with Protection of the Horde, but I’m pretty sure it works.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: restoration.2806

restoration.2806

I typically get about 20 seconds or so out of a jagged horror in PvE (I don’t have minion health specced) if the enemies don’t focus it (and if they do, I’m taking that much less damage anyway). I’ll have to double-check the interaction with Protection of the Horde, but I’m pretty sure it works.

20 seconds out of jagged horrors??? You must have some awesome jagged horrors they die way faster for me I honestly don’t even pay attention to them and its a waste of a minor trait slot. Really shouldn’t have a minion cap and degenerative health.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

What level are you? I noticed while levelling my Necro that at about levels 1-50 they literally died 2 seconds after spawning, but at around 60+ they actually survived 5-10 seconds to get a hit in.

But yah, totally useless even at 80

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lionthrone.7805

Lionthrone.7805

I don’t knows if it’s the worst but it’s certainly garbage. I probably wouldn’t mind it so much if my character didn’t cry out whenever it dies.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The devs have mentioned that Jagged Horrors bleeding out so fast was a bug and that it was being looked at. (I believe his exact words were “they should be lasting about 11 seconds”.)

Did the recent patch that fixed Death Nova also make it so that Jagged Horrors trigger Death Nova on death? If so, they may be worth it for the free Poison fields popping up regularly, at least in PvE. I presume in PvP players would be smart enough to dodge out of the fields at once.

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

The devs have mentioned that Jagged Horrors bleeding out so fast was a bug and that it was being looked at. (I believe his exact words were “they should be lasting about 11 seconds”.)

Did the recent patch that fixed Death Nova also make it so that Jagged Horrors trigger Death Nova on death? If so, they may be worth it for the free Poison fields popping up regularly, at least in PvE. I presume in PvP players would be smart enough to dodge out of the fields at once.

Death nova has always procced on jagged horrors. However they did fix bone minions/blood fiend not proccing it when you sacrifice them.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

1) They fixed the rally thing on the first Halloween patch
2) They counted as NPC pets not minions thus no they didnt work with protection of the horde, dont know if they do now (same for lich rune)
3) If they bleed themself to death, DNova doesnt proc, just as the rally didnt, nor any on death effect except life force gain.
4) Parasitic bond makes little fancy green bubbles (half the size of LF ones/just like the transfusion heal ones) fly to you upon enemy death, thus obviously better than Reanimator.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Its the worst ‘working as intended trait’.

There are traits that flat out do nothing at all /shrug

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

No rest for you yet my friend.
…aww well, I’ll make another.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eroiqua.5891

Eroiqua.5891

I tried to figure out what it’s purpose was but have never come up with a single situation that it would be helpful in.

One time one of my horrors actually took a hit from a mob before dying. It helped me finish that particular fight at 95% health instead of the 92% I would have had if I had taken that extra hit. So there’s that.

/s