Let’s get hyped together.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Is Reaper amazing? Yes or yes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

Absolutely. Minor things could be improved for quality of life, but I do love feeling like a true reaper. I’m anticipating a bunch of flame from the elitists, but oh well – who gives a kitten what they think? Reaper is incredibly fun and is worth buying HoT for that reason alone

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Absolutely. Minor things could be improved for quality of life, but I do love feeling like a true reaper. I’m anticipating a bunch of flame from the elitists, but oh well – who gives a kitten what they think? Reaper is incredibly fun and is worth buying HoT for that reason alone

It’s the reason I preordered.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Same here.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Meh DS is much better than silly rapper shroud.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

rapper shroud.

kitten da police comin straight from the underworld, young reaper got it bad cause I’m dead

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quaman.9167

Quaman.9167

rapper shroud.

kitten da police comin straight from the underworld, young reaper got it bad cause I’m dead

and not the other classes, so Anet thinks, they have the authority to make nerfs a priority!

I like video games

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Love it

/15 characters

in Necromancer

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

It’s amazing! It blows my mind how many builds work with it, power, tanky, condi, MM it fits perfectly in with the rest of the Necro.
Right now i’m using a MM build that didn’t even think would work but it’s fun as hell and kicking kitten .

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I love Reaper so much, ran a dungeon last night, AC, up to my neck in gravelings, last alive in my group, only went down when I got CC’d by an elite. Long as I was AA in RS I was just not giving a crap and my Lifeforce was barely going down thanks to the amount of enemies and shambling horrid I had.

Reaper is finally everything I wanted, it’s not boring like I find the warrior. I feel like an actual monster and a threat. now if base necro can et the tweaks and fixes it needs, we’ll e in business.

Praise the GEE!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

It’s actually one of the few reasons why I bought this expansion lol. Really fun to play.

Give Gee a raise, really.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Yes Reapers are amazing. They’ve made solo roaming fun for me. Also Reaper combat is a lot more engaging and exciting than baseline necro. Reapers aren’t perfect yet, but it’s getting good, and hopefully will get better after this beta weekend.

I’m gonna stress a word I used during the previous beta weekends. One word that defines Reapers to me is fun. I just find the spec very fun to play, even when I die or lose.

in Necromancer

Posted by: WabbaJaga.3861

WabbaJaga.3861

I only started playing this WE but I already love my chillomancer! So much fun in PvP and even in dungeons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

Playing Reaper has been so much fun this weekend that I don’t know if I can make it the 3 weeks to release

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siren Aradia.5863

Siren Aradia.5863

Playing Reaper has been so much fun this weekend that I don’t know if I can make it the 3 weeks to release

I feel the exact same way!

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

It’s definitely a lot of fun, but it’s still over tuned

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Over tuned? Reaper isn’t at all overtuned, the only even questionable point is the amount of sustain some builds can get, but that is necessary if we’re going to never receive active defenses.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

hackks.3687

If you think stacking 20+ might freely with only a single adept trait (Reaper’s Might) isn’t over tuned then I can’t help you

Defense is not a problem I’ve been having with Reaper

Hackkz/Riggamaroll

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Wait for the nerfs.. they will arrive as sure as night becomes day.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Necromancer

hackks.3687

I also wonder if Entering and Exiting Death Shroud shouldn’t interrupt skill casts – same with Reaper Shroud #3’s second skill activation. My opinion is the game play would feel better if it didn’t. We’re already inhibited enough by long cast times. Canceling a cast because of using a class mechanic seems counterintuitive and clunky.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Meanwhile in ele’s forums :P Or any other for that matter

Guess it helps to be THE first designed advanced class

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Guess it helps to be THE first designed advanced class

Worst to first, right?

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

If you think stacking 20+ might freely with only a single adept trait (Reaper’s Might) isn’t over tuned then I can’t help you

“Freely”, yeah all you have to do is be allowed to auto attack 20 times in a row during a limited form.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gerrark.9870

Gerrark.9870

“Freely”, yeah all you have to do is be allowed to auto attack 20 times in a row during a limited form.

You’re telling me you don’t often find yourself AAing enemies uninterrupted for 10 seconds straight in pvp?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I think you misclicked the Chronomancer forum.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You’re telling me you don’t often find yourself AAing enemies uninterrupted for 10 seconds straight in pvp?

I sure don’t.

Of course, if I did, I’d be using dagger auto instead. Or Lich Form.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Actually takes 28 seconds of auto attacking, which is impossible without Vital Persistence (which still requires you to take less than 44% of your LF in damage over that time period), for Death Shroud, and around 17s for Reaper’s Shroud. Which just doesn’t happen, you need to use other abilities for utility, you lose LF, etc.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

Actually takes 28 seconds of auto attacking, which is impossible without Vital Persistence (which still requires you to take less than 44% of your LF in damage over that time period), for Death Shroud, and around 17s for Reaper’s Shroud. Which just doesn’t happen, you need to use other abilities for utility, you lose LF, etc.

And this is why I ended up swapping in Traveler runes instead of Strength runes. Because You still get decent uptime for might from the extra boon duration, and speed increase and slight condi duration bump is nice as well. Yeah, 5% extra damage is nice, but Traveler just gives more utility. Still plenty of might, too

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

hackks.3687

And this is why I ended up swapping in Traveler runes instead of Strength runes. Because You still get decent uptime for might from the extra boon duration, and speed increase and slight condi duration bump is nice as well. Yeah, 5% extra damage is nice, but Traveler just gives more utility. Still plenty of might, too

And that’s why you know it’s OP. Because on it’s own it keeps up with Might stacking builds that invest far more than a single trait.

Just unbelievable that you plebs are so self serving that you’re actually arguing for some kind of entitlement to have an overpowered mechanic in play to carry your kitten.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

And that’s why you know it’s OP. Because on it’s own it keeps up with Might stacking builds that invest far more than a single trait.

Just unbelievable that you plebs are so self serving that you’re actually arguing for some kind of entitlement to have an overpowered mechanic in play to carry your kitten.

Because we’re not idiots and recognize that Might Stacking for the sole purpose of Might stacking has a very significant cost associated with it and you will never get to 25 Might purely from Reaper’s Might in actual combat anyway? Consider that even with Vital Persistance, the Reaper is effectively sacrificing 6k health (Maurader’s Amulet) to stack that way. If you aren’t using Vital Persistance, it’s effectively spending 12k health to get that Might stack.

Oh wait, we take half damage in shroud. Right, up those numbers to 12k and 24k.

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I really LOVE Reapers.

Aside of being buffed to the degree of being a POWERFUL DPS now, the most I like is the whole THEME of the class. Always want to be a death god, holding a Scythe, tearing anyone who oppose me
The animation and art-style is awesome too!

in Necromancer

hackks.3687

Because we’re not idiots and recognize that Might Stacking for the sole purpose of Might stacking has a very significant cost associated with it and you will never get to 25 Might purely from Reaper’s Might in actual combat anyway? Consider that even with Vital Persistance, the Reaper is effectively sacrificing 6k health (Maurader’s Amulet) to stack that way. If you aren’t using Vital Persistance, it’s effectively spending 12k health to get that Might stack.

I’m getting 20+ stacks in any fight that lasts as long as a Heal CD.

Applying impractical contexts such as out of combat usage when it’s quite obviously at it’s peak potency in the middle of a fight just to suit your argument is fail. j/s

Hackkz/Riggamaroll

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’m getting 20+ stacks in any fight that lasts as long as a Heal CD.

Applying impractical contexts such as out of combat usage when it’s quite obviously at it’s peak potency in the middle of a fight just to suit your argument is fail. j/s

The time and life force lost are the same both in and out of combat. The cost is real, plus the action cost. Yes, you’re stacking Might. You’re also letting your opponent do whatever they feel like for 17 seconds minimum.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

hackks.3687

The value of those resources varies greatly though from ‘out of combat’ to ‘in combat’.

Using an Auto Attack or 1 Skill regularly through the coarse of a fight is natural to playing the game. You don’t have enough CD skills to endlessly chain them all as they come off CD nor is it a strong way to play the game. Using your AA in a fight is just basic game play. Doing so with a strong Reaper 1 chain with a secondary HP pool active just makes sense. I have no idea what you think you’re arguing.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The value of those resources varies greatly though from ‘out of combat’ to ‘in combat’.

Using an Auto Attack or 1 Skill regularly through the coarse of a fight is natural to playing the game. You don’t have enough CD skills to endlessly chain them all as they come off CD nor is it a strong way to play the game. Using your AA in a fight is just basic game play. Doing so with a strong Reaper 1 chain with a secondary HP pool active just makes sense. I have no idea what you think you’re arguing.

You’re doing nothing to stop:
Disables
Incoming damage (which ends your might stacking at a certain point)
Enemy heals.
Enemy setup (including Might stacking)
Enemy conditions
Enemy kiting (you literally have no CC while you’re building with Reaper’s Might).
Enemy stomps (unless you’re lucky and they’re low on health)

Basically, anything that matters? You’re not doing much to stop that if you’re might stacking.

Yes, Reaper’s Might gets woven into play all the time. It does not, however, provide high Might on its own while also letting you really contend in a fight. If you’re contending just fine while Might stacking, then I have a hint: you didn’t need the Might. You were going to win that one anyway.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

scrapper and herald are both sitting on 9-15 stacks of might before they even get into combat. Tempest can hit 12-25 fairly fast as well

in Necromancer

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

the contrast between this subforum and the thief one is hilarious

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

I started feeling the withdrawal symptoms last night (0:00 GMT) when I put my purpose-built (for post-release Reaper use) Ascended Greatsword away in my bank because I don’t trust Anet to not get things wrong when the deduct all the Beta ‘gains’ (did anyone else have a nightmare that you finally got Dusk while playing your beta character? :-) )

I absolutely love my Reaper! (“You critically hit for 15,000 with gravedigger.” LOL!)

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

better then base necro but hampered by vital persistence for real build diversity

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

the contrast between this subforum and the thief one is hilarious

I’d be kinda salty if I mained a few of the other professions for sure.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The real question is whether Reaper is the new noobie profession that new players will pick for its farming skills.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

Trying to make a new, balanced addition attractive to those used to running the old and unbalanced has proven predictably difficult. Weird!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Reaper is the best profession I’ve ever experienced — and I main Thief.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Necromancer

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Reaper is in a really good place right now. In raids, people will finally actually want a necro on their team as well.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Reaper is in a really good place right now. In raids, people will finally actually want a necro on their team as well.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest this is true so far.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

There is absolutely nothing to suggest this is true so far.

The only thing that we’ve found so far is that Reaper could maybe find a place in raids, but so far it would only be as an “optional” spec

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

We figured out that it was possible to beat the easiest raid boss while having a Reaper, yes. But this isn’t any different to current content, Necromancer has always been passable as a 5th member without making your team incapable of completing content. This really isn’t anything learned, except maybe that, like many people suggested, raids (at least this first part) aren’t so finely tuned in difficulty that its impossible to complete except with ideal groups.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

i’ll definitely play reaper

The thing is… I’ve crushed so many reapers during beta event that im a little unsure of their capabilities.

I’ll just have to try it for myself.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

i’ll definitely play reaper

The thing is… I’ve crushed so many reapers during beta event that im a little unsure of their capabilities.

I’ll just have to try it for myself.

I pounded out some reapers on my necro as well, but cele signet reapers were crushing people. I didnt have much problem with them, prob because I play necro so much, but heralds chronos and scrappers, 3 professions people say are so great, were getting stomped by reapers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

I tried out the Reaper during this past beta weekend, and I was amazed by how awesome it was. I liked running power necro builds with wells before, and the reaper just felt like a (super)natural extension of that playstyle. In PvE, it totally destroyed mobs and I rarely died unless badly outnumbered. I’m a long-term warrior player, but sadly, the warrior specialty berserker just pales in comparison to the firepower and survival abilities of the reaper. (And no, the berserker’s bugged kill shot does not count.)

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard